Match thread Oldham v Featherstone 1st May 2016

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should really be at the top of the league Halifax. They've been so unlucky. They are everyone's perfect side and that said we do have to bow to them Oxy. It's a wonder they didn't score fifty at Fev. Great team and very modest fans.

Because thats exactly what I said you clown.

Sorry, of course he is- Just a senior moment!

I still believe what I said though, Leigh would not have beaten Fev without Ridyard, who in my eyes is the most influential player in the Championship- That's why they struggled without him in last years middle 8's. Everyone gets inuries, but the pivots and the tactical kickers are the hardest to replace. Fev's injury crisis has been unbalanced in this departmet.

I agree about Ridyard, superb player. Im not sure he missed many games in the middle 8's though, he certainly played against Fax.

Lets hope weve got Craven Briggs Thaks and Ellis all on the field for us at Blackpool ,show em what weve really got .

I honestly hope you do, there always seems to be some excuse when we beat Fev its not like you hear us only banging on about you only beating us at the Shay because of DR......

I honestly hope you do, there always seems to be some excuse when we beat Fev its not like you hear us only banging on about you only beating us at the Shay because of DR......

Lol

LRL is a Fax Fan Steve.

Its all ifs and buts, I do not think Fev would have been close to Fax without Lilley on that day, I also do not think that Fax should have lost half the games they have but its happened.

I think Fev would have been close and probably would have beaten us if they had 2 normal halfbacks playing. The halfbacks are very good and Fev are very difficult to beat. I feel we got lucky by getting that win. 

A number of Fax fans -and I can understand it - think we are better than what we are. The run we went on last year where we beat easily most of the top teams including Bradford, Leigh, Sheffield etc has got people thinking we are a top 4 team and our players are top quality. I feel that people are basing such opinions on a purple patch Fax went through. The reality is that we have some decent players and a couple of top quality players- Tangata for me should be playing SL. But the team we have is not better than what Fev or Batley have. Fev and Batley can rightly say that players like Brambani, Craven etc would walk in to the Halifax team. I feel Batley and Featherstone have some quality backs that are playing better than what the backs at Halifax have done all season. Fax fans need to maybe accept we are not as good as we think and we are- certainly not a top team in the Championship. Very disappointing to see Workington and Swinton put 30 past us at home and the performances this year show we are not a top team. There is very little to choose between Halifax, Batley and Fev. Fax have a bigger squad and that has helped us scrape wins at times. But Fev have a small squad, that sadly has seen them weakened in the halfback area due to injury. Some of it is down to bad luck sometimes not. Some of it maybe is down to other things like maybe Briggs is more injury prone now than before he left for Bradford.But injuries are part of the game. Some things you can plan for some things not.

My opinion is that the standards across the teams has dropped this year even at Leigh. But the fact that Oldham, Swinton can go out and beat Fax or Fev is great for the comp. Oldham have for me the coach of the year in Scott Naylor. I hope both Swinton and Oldham can build of the good season they are having after being down in League 1 for so long. There is no shame in losing to the likes of Swinton and Oldham. I wish Fev and Batley all the best and feel its between Fax, Fev and Batley for the final spot in the top 4. Whoever gets it has done well. If Fev make it or Batley, then good on them. But thats life and the ifs, buts and bad/good luck, is just the way it is. Fans from all teams are one eyed including myself. But I do try and look at other teams and see things from a Fev, Batley or Leigh point of view.

Agree completely with above...........the overall standard has dropped but the excitement has gone up........I can't see anyone getting promoted in that middle 8 including Leigh unless a SL team has a massive meltdown.......the gap is wider than last year.

We're all really in a scrap for prize money and hopefully some big gate receipts..........no one really expects promotion.

The new format really just provides a trap door for any SL team financial meltdown to drop out (like a NW Crusaders).........Wakefield were a complete mess last year and hung on.

Still i'm enjoying championship RL for what it is and with the sides so close together now it's far better to watch.    

I'd watch Fax v Batley over Hudderfield v Salford any day.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE STANDARD AS DROPED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP MAY I PUT A DIFFERANT ARGUMENT.  THE FITNESS LEVELS ARE FAR BETTER THAN LAST SEASON SO THE DEFENCES ARE BETTER OLDHAM ARE SUPERBLEY FIT AND USEULY RUN TEAMS OF THE PARK IN THE SECOND HALF EVEN WHEN WE LOST TO HALIFAX AND LEIGH WE OUTPLAYED THEM IN THE SECOND HALF

PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE STANDARD AS DROPED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP MAY I PUT A DIFFERANT ARGUMENT.  THE FITNESS LEVELS ARE FAR BETTER THAN LAST SEASON SO THE DEFENCES ARE BETTER OLDHAM ARE SUPERBLEY FIT AND USEULY RUN TEAMS OF THE PARK IN THE SECOND HALF EVEN WHEN WE LOST TO HALIFAX AND LEIGH WE OUTPLAYED THEM IN THE SECOND HALF

We'll have a better idea this weekend in the Challenge Cup.

I think Fev would have been close and probably would have beaten us if they had 2 normal halfbacks playing. The halfbacks are very good and Fev are very difficult to beat. I feel we got lucky by getting that win. 

A number of Fax fans -and I can understand it - think we are better than what we are. The run we went on last year where we beat easily most of the top teams including Bradford, Leigh, Sheffield etc has got people thinking we are a top 4 team and our players are top quality. I feel that people are basing such opinions on a purple patch Fax went through. The reality is that we have some decent players and a couple of top quality players- Tangata for me should be playing SL. But the team we have is not better than what Fev or Batley have. Fev and Batley can rightly say that players like Brambani, Craven etc would walk in to the Halifax team. I feel Batley and Featherstone have some quality backs that are playing better than what the backs at Halifax have done all season. Fax fans need to maybe accept we are not as good as we think and we are- certainly not a top team in the Championship. Very disappointing to see Workington and Swinton put 30 past us at home and the performances this year show we are not a top team. There is very little to choose between Halifax, Batley and Fev. Fax have a bigger squad and that has helped us scrape wins at times. But Fev have a small squad, that sadly has seen them weakened in the halfback area due to injury. Some of it is down to bad luck sometimes not. Some of it maybe is down to other things like maybe Briggs is more injury prone now than before he left for Bradford.But injuries are part of the game. Some things you can plan for some things not.

My opinion is that the standards across the teams has dropped this year even at Leigh. But the fact that Oldham, Swinton can go out and beat Fax or Fev is great for the comp. Oldham have for me the coach of the year in Scott Naylor. I hope both Swinton and Oldham can build of the good season they are having after being down in League 1 for so long. There is no shame in losing to the likes of Swinton and Oldham. I wish Fev and Batley all the best and feel its between Fax, Fev and Batley for the final spot in the top 4. Whoever gets it has done well. If Fev make it or Batley, then good on them. But thats life and the ifs, buts and bad/good luck, is just the way it is. Fans from all teams are one eyed including myself. But I do try and look at other teams and see things from a Fev, Batley or Leigh point of view.[/quote

That's a rare honest assessment. Always refreshing to hear a balanced view from other supporters. Well done Sir. Here was me thinking all Fax fans dressed as blue and white cows playing the sax and talked gibberish.

My opinion is that the standards across the teams has dropped this year even at Leigh. But the fact that Oldham, Swinton can go out and beat Fax or Fev is great for the comp. Oldham have for me the coach of the year in Scott Naylor. I hope both Swinton and Oldham can build of the good season they are having after being down in League 1 for so long. There is no shame in losing to the likes of Swinton and Oldham. I wish Fev and Batley all the best and feel its between Fax, Fev and Batley for the final spot in the top 4. Whoever gets it has done well. If Fev make it or Batley, then good on them. But thats life and the ifs, buts and bad/good luck, is just the way it is. Fans from all teams are one eyed including myself. But I do try and look at other teams and see things from a Fev, Batley or Leigh point of view.[/quote

That's a rare honest assessment. Always refreshing to hear a balanced view from other supporters. Well done Sir. Here was me thinking all Fax fans dressed as blue and white cows playing the sax and talked gibberish.

Only one does that. The rest of the Fax fans are quite normal.

Does anyone think that the better central funding levels in the championship would make the championship  player situation rather complex, these lads are not daft and they may have twigged that IF their team by some superhuman performance bucked the status quo and actually won the playoffs and enter Superleague...I hate to suggest this but that is their job gone wouldnt you say?

Does anyone think that the better central funding levels in the championship would make the championship  player situation rather complex, these lads are not daft and they may have twigged that IF their team by some superhuman performance bucked the status quo and actually won the playoffs and enter Superleague...I hate to suggest this but that is their job gone wouldnt you say?

I don't think we like to talk about it but since SL started hasn't there always been that possibility that many Championship players are actually quite happy with their club remaining where it is ?

Archived