Rant thread

It didn't cause us any delays as such but we were also given duff info about directions to the tube and were directed to Stratford international instead. Maybe they were just having fun with the thickos from the island.

A lot of people genuinely don't know how many different stations and entrances there are there.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Pah! Newbie! I blame Mo!

Then I blame Bill Fallowfield, so ner.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Someone created a distribution list for a very small area of the NHS but accidentally included over half of the NHS employees in it. So far today, my mailbox is full of daft people replying to it going "why am I being sent this?!", "not for me", "me either" and so on. Just sodding delete it, why reply when you clearly know it's and error and so do lots of other people!

You would be amazed how often that happened at my previous employers - bare in mind that they are a "leading technology outsourcing provider", but 100s of numpties didn't understand the reply all button in Outlook!

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

And that they are at different ends of Westfield Shopping Mall, neither do the stewards. Toss pots

There are two Westfield Shopping Malls in London...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

You would be amazed how often that happened at my previous employers - bare in mind that they are a "leading technology outsourcing provider", but 100s of numpties didn't understand the reply all button in Outlook!

I'm now getting some emails that were sent to me at 10am.  I'd assume we're about a day or two away from it sorting itself out now that the distribution list has gone.

Nice of The Sun to name and shame the poor junior IT person who screwed up in the first place (not linking it because it's The Sun)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Can we re-name this thread "First World Problems"  :tongue:

No. We have to have somewhere we can moan* about life, without the interference of the Mods. Some of the rants are not first world related, if you read them all.

* Why can't we mention a female dog without getting #####ed

Edited by Bleep1673

The last five replies have been "please remove me from this email chain" type of replies. Completely missing the point of Reply to All in Outlook.

Welcome to the Agreement of balances exercise, several times a year.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I'm now getting some emails that were sent to me at 10am. I'd assume we're about a day or two away from it sorting itself out now that the distribution list has gone.

Nice of The Sun to name and shame the poor junior IT person who screwed up in the first place (not linking it because it's The Sun)

Classy. I hope the poor sod doesn't suffer too badly.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Classy. I hope the poor sod doesn't suffer too badly.

The Daily Mail joined in with the naming & shaming.

The last five replies have been "please remove me from this email chain" type of replies. Completely missing the point of Reply to All in Outlook.

As I left this evening I had 270 of the bu&&ers in my inbox.  Each and every stupid member of the stupid admin team this morning said "Is anyone else getting these test.........." at which point I had to bellow "JUST DELETE!".

By 10.00am we had pretty much twigged what had happened so I couldn't believe the amount of idiots who carried on replying throughout the day.  I've just checked my mail and people are still replying.

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

Then I blame Bill Fallowfield, so ner.

Obviously it was my fault, according to my wife.

In fairness, as I've spent 20 years designing silicon chips that mostly go into phones, she may have a point for once.

As I left this evening I had 270 of the bu&&ers in my inbox. Each and every stupid member of the stupid admin team this morning said "Is anyone else getting these test.........." at which point I had to bellow "JUST DELETE!".

By 10.00am we had pretty much twigged what had happened so I couldn't believe the amount of idiots who carried on replying throughout the day. I've just checked my mail and people are still replying.

They're actually no longer replying, check the sent time, they're caught in a very long queue of probably around 1bn emails.

The new Sainsbury's Christmas advert, which is about how the best gift that you can give to your family is just to be with them. I take it that Sainsbury's will set an example and decide to close on Boxing day so we Can. spend it with our families? I remember when it was only the high street shops that owned on boxing day and now everywhere does. My store never used to but started a couple of years ago although I never saw any demand from anyone to do so.

I will bet that anyone living oop north got home after yesterdays game before me. As I had a horrible journey home.

The stewards outside the ground sent everybody to the tube entrance, and I needed the TRAIN, not the tube, anyone living in London should know the difference. When I asked which way to the train station I was directed to the tube station, three times. before I finally lost it, shouting and swearing at one of the Numpties before his supervisor came over and directed me to Stratford International, it had taken me 35 minutes.

When I got to Ashford, the train I was hoping to catch was cancelled, One Per Hour normally. The replacement bus turned up, late, we got on, and the driver turned the engine off and said he wasn;t the 1815 replacement, he was acyually the 2015 replacement, so we all got turfed off. We stood around waiting for the 1815 bus until 1900, then went and caught the 1915 train instead, when I got to Hastings, I had to wait for the LAST bus of the day, at 2015, which as usual was late, and I finally got home at 2045.

Four and a half hours to do sixty five miles

To quote Tony, above "I love this country" (Heavy Sarcasm)

The train station of Stratford is the same station as Stratford tube (used to go through there every day).  They may well have assumed that you were confused thinking Stratford train station is different to the tube rather than being after Stratford International.  As I left there was a big illuminated sign saying Stratford right, Stratford International (via shopping centre) left which seemed pretty clear to me.  Queue was quick enough too and if you end up at one you can always walk past the shops through the shopping centre to the other (via Tap East if you so wish).

The train station of Stratford is the same station as Stratford tube (used to go through there every day).  They may well have assumed that you were confused thinking Stratford train station is different to the tube rather than being after Stratford International.  As I left there was a big illuminated sign saying Stratford right, Stratford International (via shopping centre) left which seemed pretty clear to me.  Queue was quick enough too and if you end up at one you can always walk past the shops through the shopping centre to the other (via Tap East if you so wish).

Ah, I see your point now, Stratford OVERGROUND is next to Stratford UNDERGROUND, that's why when I was asking for Stratford INTERNATIONAL, they still sent me in that direction. Doesn't help the Ashford International confusion though..... Unless.... The bus driver got confused and headed to Ashford, Middlesex?

Edited by Bleep1673

F### C### W### S### and B########

Just been pinged for driving at 32 in a 30 zone coming home from work on Saturday morning @7am (not a speed camera, must have been cops hiding in the bushes).

I know what this will sound like.... but seriously? On a deserted stretch of road with no houses or anything around it?

They should be out catching the real criminals :D

Obviously you don't have my sympathies at all   :tongue: - but I will say I've never heard of anyone getting done for 32mph before.  So bad luck on that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

F### C### W### S### and B########

Just been pinged for driving at 32 in a 30 zone coming home from work on Saturday morning @7am (not a speed camera, must have been cops hiding in the bushes).

I know what this will sound like.... but seriously? On a deserted stretch of road with no houses or anything around it?

They should be out catching the real criminals :D

I thought you were allowed 10%, or is this been cut down because MOT tests your speedometer as well now?, So 33mph would've been OK. Unless your Speedometer is outside the regulated limits?

It says 32 on the letter. 

It's annoying to put it bluntly but just one of those things. Offering me some sort of speed awareness course as an alternative possibly, I'd rather keep getting fined than admit I was at fault though.

Take the course. Seriously, It will save you money.

Definitely take the course. Apart from the fine, there's also the effect on your insurance to worry about.

The 32 will be after they've deducted 10% and whatever error margin they allow (3mph?) They'll have evidence that you were doing 37 or so if they've put 32 on the ticket.