Rant thread

betrayed by labour???

Since 1979 labour had 13 years during which much regeneration of manvers and surrounding coal fields took place. In 37 years labour only had 13 yrs in power. Yet you swipe away everything thatch did and blame labour????

Bug ger me wi t'curly end of a Raja's slipper..... tha takes t'biscuit thee owd lad.

If you want to apportion blame look no further than per capita spending between the "north" and London and the south east. Out spent year, after year, after year.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• 2 weeks later...

Why the hell does Adobe Acrobat Reader need to reboot my system after updating itself? What core system files is it updating and why given it's just a document viewing tool.

And why does the bloody update option say "Adobe Reader needs to reboot to apply updates" but when clicked it actually reboots the entire system.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Why the hell does Adobe Acrobat Reader need to reboot my system after updating itself? What core system files is it updating and why given it's just a document viewing tool.

And why does the bloody update option say "Adobe Reader needs to reboot to apply updates" but when clicked it actually reboots the entire system.

You're probably due a Java update too....(and the bl**dy thing will ask if you mind them updating your home page to Yahoo and setting it as your default search engine  :angry: )

You're probably due a Java update too....(and the bl**dy thing will ask if you mind them updating your home page to Yahoo and setting it as your default search engine :angry: )

Nope, we have to use a year's old and compromised version of Java to make sure that our NHS England web apps work. They were hard coded to check for certain versions and won't work outside of that range.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

People driving at 20mph with full foglights when there is a light mist.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Nope, we have to use a year's old and compromised version of Java to make sure that our NHS England web apps work. They were hard coded to check for certain versions and won't work outside of that range.

A fairly common problem across a range of, so called, modern web based systems. It can get really complicated when you have a number of systems deployed across an organisation each with its own specific needs.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Huge delays on A180 dual carriageway. Too fast, too close, in fog. ###### idiots. Who pays? We do!!

https://twitter.com/HumberbeatRoads?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

however, just have a look at the video lower down the page. Montreal mayhem!!  City buses, police vehicle and salt truck collide on slippery roads in Montreal this morning

Edited by JohnM

Huge delays on A180 dual carriageway. Too fast, too close, in fog. ###### idiots. Who pays? We do!!

however, just have a look at the video lower down the page. Montreal mayhem!!  City buses, police vehicle and salt truck collide on slippery roads in Montreal this morning

You'd think the Canadians would be better prepared. 

The Montreal video was amazing!  Whoever was filming it from the building opposite must have been astounded, especially when the gritter joined in.

Are Nissan Micras speed limited to 25MPH?

Why is there always one in front of me if I have a timed appointment?

There was one in front of me acting as 40mph speed monitor for the road. The fog had completely lifted and it was long distance clarity yet he refused to pull over. We then had a blue light ambulance and he STILL refused to pull over. The ambulance had to overtake in the slow lane to get round.

The divorce rate of my socks is unbelievable... where the #### do they go???

Have you got a dog?  The concept of wearing a matching pair of socks has become completely alien to me since I got my mutt.