Rant thread

People who take up two seats on a busy train then get huffy when asked to move their bags deserve to get charged for both seats.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

People who take up two seats on a busy train then get huffy when asked to move their bags deserve to get charged for both seats.

People who take two seats on the train because they can't fit on one.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Pure greed! The BBC shouldn't touch him with a barge pole now!

He hasn't worked for the BBC for a while now. He walked from the Masterchef Professionals job because of a conflict involving a company he promoted. That's why the programme is now presented by Marcus Wareing instead.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He hasn't worked for the BBC for a while now. He walked from the Masterchef Professionals job because of a conflict involving a company he promoted. That's why the programme is now presented by Marcus Wareing instead.

He's presented Saturday Kitchen a couple of times at least over the last few months?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

He occasionally presents Saturday Kitchen and did a few weeks ago.

I dunno if the Food & Drink revival is still on.

Programmes like Saturday Kitchen feature plenty of guest appearances from people with commercial interests that would bar them from being the face of a BBC series.

Why he was okay for Food and Drink but not Masterchef Professionals, I don't know. The BBC conflict was about him being a brand ambassador for Bartletts. Maybe that arrangement has ended since.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Roux said this week he was “embarrassed and sorry” after the Guardian revealed he was paying chefs as little as £5.50 per hour when they were working 68 hours per week.

But he also recalled his own training in Paris in 1976, saying he slept on his grandmother’s couch and washed in the kitchen sink. “Did I look at my payslip?” he said. “Not once.”

That line is absolutely disgraceful. I'm sure that as the son of a wealthy chef himself he could quite cheerfully get by on whatever, but not all kitchen staff will go on to run fancy restaurants and rake it in from TV appearances, and many of them will have families to feed and mortgages to pay. What a blinkered tosser.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

He'll fit right in at the BBC then, especially alongside greedy mockney t###r Oliver who got lost of free ads on The One Show last night

Other TV channels are available for Roux and Oliver.

Going to Jamie's Italian in Leeds was one of the worst meals/experiences I have had. The food and service was cr4p, it was that salty it took about 3 weeks to rehydrate.

You can do a lot to rovrum but try taking their turkey twizlers!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Button flies, apart from the odd chance of trapping the old John Thomas a zip wins every time. Buttons are too fiddly, especially on jeans.

Whoa whoa whoa. There may be a slight chance of catching something loose so the button top looks like an ornately padded American bar stool but brass zip flies are without a doubt too constricting. They cause narrowing of potential expansion room (such as fitting things in the front pockets... ahem), and far more dangerous to snicking ones appendage. 

Going to Jamie's Italian in Leeds was one of the worst meals/experiences I have had. The food and service was cr4p, it was that salty it took about 3 weeks to rehydrate.

The only celebrity chef place that I've ever found any good are the Gino D'Acampo pasta bars in London.  You can get a lovely eat-in pasta dish, with huge portions, plus a drink for £6, or £5 if you just want the basic pasta & sauce (plus drink).  I go there regularly for lunch and I've yet to be disappointed.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The only celebrity chef place that I've ever found any good are the Gino D'Acampo pasta bars in London.  You can get a lovely eat-in pasta dish, with huge portions, plus a drink for £6, or £5 if you just want the basic pasta & sauce (plus drink).  I go there regularly for lunch and I've yet to be disappointed.

Does Carluccio's count as a celebrity chef place?  I've had some decent food there.  Probably not worth the prices but as other people were paying I didn't mind so much.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)