Rant thread

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

My sister had a tortoise and it escaped and ran off . She found it in next doors garden a fortnight later .  Reminds me of the old joke where a tortoise was walking along the street and was brutally attacked by a gang of hedgehogs . The police came and asked it what happened and the stunned tortoise said ‘ I don’t know it all happened so fast ‘

You can tell that was a old joke by the inference that the police came??

On 10/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, DavidM said:

Chris kamara and his ‘unbelievable jeff’ ...flogged that to completely annoying levels . And mostly it isn’t unbelievable anyway 

As a Swindon Town fan, I won't hear a word against the legend that is Kammy!

Plus he used to tip well at Christmas when I was his paperboy. 

KAmmy.jpg.gallery.jpg

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Oh no, he won't!

######! It always does that to me when I don't quote the post I'm responding to. FYI, it was the post saying Biggins was in panto at the Alhambra. 

Edited by tonyXIII
  • Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I've just seen my first "poppy guidelines" post on Facebook of the year.  Apparently it's unacceptable to do one hell of a long list of sartorial faux pas with it or to wear anything but the red poppy.  Also, we have to make sure we give lots of money to the charity to help show the world how serious we are about fighting off the baddies.

And my first Facebook contact of the silly season has been unfriended.  I didn't like that cousin anyway...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

All hands meeting announced yesterday for today.  Could be a fun day.  See you on the other side!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

19 hours ago, ckn said:

I've just seen my first "poppy guidelines" post on Facebook of the year.  Apparently it's unacceptable to do one hell of a long list of sartorial faux pas with it or to wear anything but the red poppy.  Also, we have to make sure we give lots of money to the charity to help show the world how serious we are about fighting off the baddies.

And my first Facebook contact of the silly season has been unfriended.  I didn't like that cousin anyway...

https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Proper Remembering

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/proper-remembering.217260/

Careful, NSFW and several other threads may reduce you to either inane giggling for hours or horror and disgust at the things that amuse current and former squaddies. 

Edited by Shadow
Warning the unwary

55 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Proper Remembering

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/proper-remembering.217260/

Careful, NSFW and several other threads may reduce you to either inane giggling for hours or horror and disgust at the things that amuse current and former squaddies. 

While on that site, it’s worth perusing this thread that would make an equality and diversity officer faint  Many an hour spent chuckling away at those...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

NHS conference call hold music really must be classed as a weapon of war...  Currently it's playing the Spice Girls on repeat while I'm waiting on other participants joining in.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ckn said:

NHS conference call hold music really must be classed as a weapon of war...  Currently it's playing the Spice Girls on repeat while I'm waiting on other participants joining in.

I bet you just want it to Stop, right now.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, ckn said:

Yes it’s a weapon of war  . But only in exceptional circumstances when water boarding and all forms of torture have already failed . No president has dare gone this far yet to resort to the spice girls file ...

Edited by DavidM
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yes it’s a weapon of war  . But only in exceptional circumstances when water boarding and all forms of torture have already failed . No president has dare gone this far yet to resort to the spice girls file ...

They would have been if they's been around at the time I'm sure.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/panamas-military-dictator-manuel-noriega-defeated-rocknroll/

If they were prepared to let loose U2 and NKOTB I'm sure the Spice Girls would have been deployed if they weren't 5 years away from being created. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

They would have been if they's been around at the time I'm sure.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/panamas-military-dictator-manuel-noriega-defeated-rocknroll/

If they were prepared to let loose U2 and NKOTB I'm sure the Spice Girls would have been deployed if they weren't 5 years away from being created. 

‘ questionable art ‘ . What a great expression .  I’m sure it’s not a novel trick of psychological pressure ......Morecambe and Wise made a routine out of making Des O Connor music an instrument  of pain !

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Why was the call on hold? Someone not turned up on time? 

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Why was the call on hold? Someone not turned up on time? 

The "host" was 15 minutes late, the system was configured not to start until the "host" dialled in.  But for it being a very important call I'd have given up after 5 minutes, someone else had chased though and we knew she was running late.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:07 AM, Bedford Roughyed said:

All hands meeting announced yesterday for today.  Could be a fun day.  See you on the other side!

Site closed by 2022.  Oh well!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

25 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Site closed by 2022.  Oh well!

At least you have the best part of 4 years to plan!  Or is it a gradual wind-down?

1 hour ago, ckn said:

At least you have the best part of 4 years to plan!  Or is it a gradual wind-down?

It will be a wind down.  So at some point they won't need all of us.  I'd guess we have 6 months to a year before things start changing.  

Other departments aren't as 'lucky' and they will be gone in 6 months.  

14 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It will be a wind down.  So at some point they won't need all of us.  I'd guess we have 6 months to a year before things start changing.  

Other departments aren't as 'lucky' and they will be gone in 6 months.  

Any ideas?  Or too early?