Rant thread

8 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I didn't think Notts County had ever played in the Premier League?

I thought they were in the first season - did they just miss it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Luton Town came pretty close - they were relegated on the last day from the top division the year before the Premier League started, by failing to beat Notts County, who were already down. They had five years in the conference/national league.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MattSantos said:

I'm submitting my work expenses and my full 17 day mammoth request was rejected by my boss as i was 100 INR over budget on one day.

100 INR = 1.12 GBP

100 INR = 1.96 SGD

I will now have to submit the claim again, which will take me a few hours as i have to itemise absolutely everything. 

Despite being made redundant, i agreed to travel to India for 17 days as it was the right thing to do - I now have 35 days of office time left before i leave and i have less than 0 motivation. I have negative motivation.

I am absolutely integral to the success of the migration and they've managed to create negative motivation. 

Anger has been replaced by apathy and a genuine enthusiasm to do as little as possible.

My good late friend Klaus told an expenses story...

On an overseas trip to somewhere very sunny he invested in a sunhat.  On returning to the UK he submitted an expenses claim which alongside the usual hotels, taxis and meals, included one sunhat - bonce for the protection of.  His manager rejected the claim saying that this was not a legitimate expense.  Undeterred, at the next expenses run, Klaus once again claimed for the sunhat with a further explanation of why it had been necessary.  Again it was rejected, this time with a little more vehemence from the manager.  The following month Klaus again submitted his expenses, this time in person.  "Thank you Klaus" said the manager, "and I hope I don't see that bloody sunhat in there again".  

"Don't worry" said Klaus, "you won't see the sunhat, but it is there."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Copa said:

Can’t stand people in the gym calling me “brah”. 

Stop it!

Stop it now!!

It's 'bru' in South Africa I believe.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Some barsteward in a blue Honda Jazz has collided with my car which was parked outside of a patient I was visiting. I heard the bang and someone told me they had seen the scrote drive away. 
Ironically I had originally parked on the opposite side of the road. I thought my back end was sticking out a bit so I got back in and moved it to the "safe" side of the street!
I don't think its much but I will have a better look in the morning.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 12/3/2018 at 2:24 PM, gingerjon said:

I thought they were in the first season - did they just miss it?

Notts Co were relegated before the Premiership.  Forest were relegated in the first season.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

"I dont do Christmas cards, so I make a donation to charity." I was unaware that offering your friends and family seasons greetings and making a charitable donation were mutually exclusive. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Absolutely amazing.

The block of flats where I live has had a dodgy front door latch since before I moved in 18 months ago. The management company got round to changing the lock last week, but I didn't get a key. I've had to shoulder charge my way in, or leave the door on a latch every time I have gone out. I have just rang the company, and they have sent the new key (Singular) to my landlord, based in France. What use is that. I now have to traipse over to Eastbourne to get the new key!

1 hour ago, heartofGold said:

Took my granddaughter to see Santa yesterday (the real one obviously) at the garden centre.  £12 and £3 for every adult accompanying her!!! 

You got off lightly - see the @crapland account on Twitter for some of the season's most sawn-off Winter wonderlands.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I changed some meetings today to work at home because we had delivery of a new mattress for our spare room scheduled.  The scheduled time was between 9 and 11.  They didn't turn up.  I chased through their web service and was told by a chat-bot that it was "delayed" and would get here in the next few days.  When I asked them to be more specific they couldn't beyond "it'll be with you soon, but that doesn't mean today or tomorrow".  Sarcastically, I asked if they could guarantee it by Christmas, their answer was "we can't guarantee anything".

When I then said that wasn't really good enough, their answer was "take it up with who you bought it from if you're unhappy".

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 hours ago, ckn said:

I changed some meetings today to work at home because we had delivery of a new mattress for our spare room scheduled.  The scheduled time was between 9 and 11.  They didn't turn up.  I chased through their web service and was told by a chat-bot that it was "delayed" and would get here in the next few days.  When I asked them to be more specific they couldn't beyond "it'll be with you soon, but that doesn't mean today or tomorrow".  Sarcastically, I asked if they could guarantee it by Christmas, their answer was "we can't guarantee anything".

When I then said that wasn't really good enough, their answer was "take it up with who you bought it from if you're unhappy".

Ah, how I miss the happy love of the NHS, not.