Rant thread

22 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Over Cock Hill, between Oxenhope and Pecket. Took an age to get around them. 

It's going to closed during the day for resurfacing for a couple of weeks or so in September I believe. Tis a bit of an inconvenience.

7 minutes ago, longboard said:

It's going to closed during the day for resurfacing for a couple of weeks or so in September I believe. Tis a bit of an inconvenience.

It is, both for commuting and for any caravanners we have visiting. 

Edit: it needs doing though, as long as it's not just surface dressing. 

Edited by gazza77
Additional comment

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

44 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Motorcycles weaving through traffic jams far too close to other vehicles ?

Cars in a queue, deliberately blocking bikers who are legally filtering. ?

Edited by gazza77
  • Like 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

16 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I hate that loads of people appear to think it's socially acceptable to smoke weed! ?

It's casually smoking weed in public that gets me. Just about every day that I'm out and about I come across at least one person just sauntering down the road smoking a joint with seemingly no care in the world. It seems to be in modern society that a huge amount of people see smoking a joint as the same as smoking a fag which is very concerning. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

The bigger your balls......

That reminds me of an AC/DC song. ?

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

16 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

There's a street in Hull called the land of green ginger. 

And on that street there's (or used to be) a company with the name of "2nd star on the right & straight on till morning". 

Now that's an address and a half... 

2nd star on the right & straight on till morning,

Land of Green Ginger,

'ull ?

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

3 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

A lad riding a scooter with L plates, close behind a car, staring at his phone.

Driving into town, main road, lots of traffic and approaching a zebra crossing. Young lad, late 20's, (well that's young to me) looking at his phone walks right out onto the crossing.  Luckily the drivers are paying attention and all stopped. Half way over the crossing the lad stops, starts laughing and, standing still, begins to text - about seven car horns all sounded at once.  He started walking again when he landed.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

How about introducing a basic intelligence test at point of sale, so you aren't allowed to buy a phone that's more intelligent than you are? ? 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

How about introducing a basic intelligence test at point of sale, so you aren't allowed to buy a phone that's more intelligent than you are? ? 

Well that’s me bu99ered. I can’t operate mine galf od rhe rime?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

9 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

And on that street there's (or used to be) a company with the name of "2nd star on the right & straight on till morning". 

Now that's an address and a half... 

2nd star on the right & straight on till morning,

Land of Green Ginger,

'ull ?

Sounds like someone giving directions in some psychedelic Sci-fi novel doesn't it? 

"Nar then lad, you go down there til you reach the 2nd star on the right then go straight til morning and that's when you'll get to the land of green ginger!" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Sounds like someone giving directions in some psychedelic Sci-fi novel doesn't it? 

"Nar then lad, you go down there til you reach the 2nd star on the right then go straight til morning and that's when you'll get to the land of green ginger!" 

It's from Peter Pan. It's the directions to Neverland.

Neverland = 'ull ?

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

57 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Neverland = 'ull ?

Nextyearland = Warrington. ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

I need some advice/help.

Every few nights my dog senses the presence of a cat in our garden at circa 11 TO 1 pm.

The dog goes barmy and I have to let him into the garden to check.Obviously the cat has long gone.

Now my question is:

Can I catch the cat in a humane trap,half drown it with the hose and then let it go hopeful not to return.

Can I catch it in the same trap,drive 30 miles away and let it go.

As much as I don't like cats I don't want to hurt one.

Anybody help.

Or should I buy a gun?

29 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I need some advice/help.

Every few nights my dog senses the presence of a cat in our garden at circa 11 TO 1 pm.

The dog goes barmy and I have to let him into the garden to check.Obviously the cat has long gone.

Now my question is:

Can I catch the cat in a humane trap,half drown it with the hose and then let it go hopeful not to return.

Anybody help.

Or should I buy a gun?

You sure it’s a cat?  That’s peak fox time as well. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I need some advice/help.

Now my question is:

Anybody help.

Or should I buy a gun?

Just shoot it! 

• Like 1

I posted this on the Tory Party thread mentioning Goldman Sachs and literally seconds later this advert popped up in my Twitter feed.

GS advert.jpg

Oh come on, I accept that my data will be used to advertise things to me but this is taking the proverbial.

My adverts are heavily loaded with medical products now as my history clearly has me on Twitter associating with NHS and health folk.

And this is why I use noscript on virtually all sites to stop them.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

39 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I've actually seen the cat a few times,I just can't catch the ######.

i had a problem with a cat having a dump in my garden and digging up my spuds and onions every night, tried the pepper,even tried the peeing in corner of the garden as i was told that worked every time, but not for me same thing every night, an old fella told me  to save yer orange peelings and chop them up and scatter in the garden.  job done its not been back since and i eat plenty of oranges so jobs a good un.

• Like 3