Rant thread

FFS, I am so cool today (demeanour, not temp) I have nothing to be angry about. My Brother is a supporter of Bury, and as I haven't spoke to him in 5 years, due to his arrogance, I am not as upset as some people on here. He lives in Swinton, maybe now he can watch something else. 

More a query I guess . How can you order a book on amazon on 13 Aug , get a dispatch notice on 14 Aug , yet get an arrival date going from the start of September to Sep 10 ? I mean where does it go all that time 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

More a query I guess . How can you order a book on amazon on 13 Aug , get a dispatch notice on 14 Aug , yet get an arrival date going from the start of September to Sep 10 ? I mean where does it go all that time 

You have to give the delivery driver time to read it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

“Optics”. Unless spirits are coming from them, I’m fed up hearing about them. People trying to use the latest buzzword to sound all fancy when they’re really just talking about how something looks. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

15 hours ago, ckn said:

“Optics”. Unless spirits are coming from them, I’m fed up hearing about them. People trying to use the latest buzzword to sound all fancy when they’re really just talking about how something looks. 

“ bandwidth “ . The bandwidth just isn’t there etc etc . These over clever , pompous sounding words and phrases that come in and suddenly everyone’s talking like this , especially politicians .  You see interviews with some of them going on about brexit in particular and you’ve no idea what the hell language they’re talking in . “ Ring fenced “ is another . Things are always getting ring fenced 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ckn said:

These tend to be the people that all claim they love gin and "craft" beers as well and act like they are a completely new thing and they are the ones to have discovered them. Gin was first distilled in the middle ages! "Craft" can go into the category of buzzwords you're talking about as well. "Craft" beer. All they mean is a small, independent brewery. These are not new things! You know what the worst thing is though? When you say you like these things (I hate gin but hypothetically) and people just think you're jumping on the bandwagon when you've actually liked it a long time before all the "Optics" people discovered it! F off, stop lumping me in with all those pretentious #####! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Someone at work has dumped a manky old washing up bowl and a cup with what can only be described as an alien organism growing in it, in the sink! Worse thing is though, when I moved the washing up bowl there was a massive spider underneath it!

Now I wouldn't say I'm scared of spiders but I am wary, anything with that numbers of eyes can only be up to mischief. They're clearly watching you all the time. To give you an idea of the size we are talking, the mug in question is one of those huge sports direct ones and the spider is about the size of the hole in that. Well I can't fill my bottle up now. I'll just have to die of dehydration! Bloody spiders, coming over here, taking our jobs and our women! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 06/09/2019 at 14:19, DavidM said:

“ bandwidth “ . The bandwidth just isn’t there etc etc . These over clever , pompous sounding words and phrases that come in and suddenly everyone’s talking like this , especially politicians .  You see interviews with some of them going on about brexit in particular and you’ve no idea what the hell language they’re talking in . “ Ring fenced “ is another . Things are always getting ring fenced 

I use bandwidth a lot... along with frequency, symbol rate, FEC and tracking!  They are stealing my words!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just wait till they find out the RNLI spend lots of money in Ireland...

The comments/replies are not nice.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

57 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

People pretending they’ve made donations complaining about their non-existent donations being used to save lives. Strange angry little people.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Lets try and avoix making this political topic eh.

RNLI's first station in Ireland was opened in 1826.  The RNLI is a registered charity in Ireland  the Republic of Ireland 20003326

The records appear to show the main income , over 10, 000, 000 €, comes from donations. A friend of ours worked in the RNLI shop at Youghal and reported on the generosity of the locals in funding the service through donations, fund raising events etc.. Can't see anything there that shows that the RNLI in GB sends money to Ireland. 

https://www.charitiesregulator.ie/en/information-for-the-public/search-the-charities-register/charity-detail?srchstr=20003326&regid=20003326

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Lets try and avoix making this political topic eh.

RNLI's first station in Ireland was opened in 1826.  The RNLI is a registered charity in Ireland  the Republic of Ireland 20003326

The records appear to show the main income , over 10, 000, 000 €, comes from donations. A friend of ours worked in the RNLI shop at Youghal and reported on the generosity of the locals in funding the service through donations, fund raising events etc.. Can't see anything there that shows that the RNLI in GB sends money to Ireland. 

https://www.charitiesregulator.ie/en/information-for-the-public/search-the-charities-register/charity-detail?srchstr=20003326&regid=20003326

Oh so they are completely separate with no crossover?  

This appears to cover Ireland and Northern Ireland.  https://afloat.ie/resources/organisations/rnli-ireland

I was trying to see if money raised here went to Ireland. 

In the experience of our friends at Youghal, there was never any issue of it being "Royal"

My wife has  worked  long and hard here for years  raising money via the RNLI shop, plus attending fundraising events and her rant is about the stupid ignorant people that let their kids sail out to sea in li-los etc and require rescuing.

• Like 1

Talking about rants for the 2nd weekend running i got held up on a certain motorway with road works, but the annoying part about this was that in the 6 miles of road works there wasn't a single worker and there are no road works there in the week.

Whats the point is closing lanes at weekends when there doesn't appear to be anyone working on them. Rant over.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

This appears to cover Ireland and Northern Ireland.  https://afloat.ie/resources/organisations/rnli-ireland

I was trying to see if money raised here went to Ireland. 

And the main RNLI website and accounts talk of UK and Ireland explicitly, and do not separate the two.  

14 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Talking about rants for the 2nd weekend running i got held up on a certain motorway with road works, but the annoying part about this was that in the 6 miles of road works there wasn't a single worker and there are no road works there in the week.

Whats the point is closing lanes at weekends when there doesn't appear to be anyone working on them. Rant over.

Did you factor in this?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/15/moment-runaway-goat-brings-m62-motorway-standstill-10745863/

• Haha 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow