Rant thread

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Fuming!!!!! ?

F'ing DPD

DPD used to have a good reputation, but they are pretty much the same as all the rest these days.

Still, my experience with DHL a couple of months back makes them even worse in my book. I got some feedback from the MD of the company that was trying to get their order delivered to me, and on two of the four occasions, DHL admitted that they didn't even bother visiting my neighbourhood, let alone attempt delivery.

In the end, it took them four weeks and a change of courier company for my order to finally arrive.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

DPD used to have a good reputation, but they are pretty much the same as all the rest these days.

Still, my experience with DHL a couple of months back makes them even worse in my book. I got some feedback from the MD of the company that was trying to get their order delivered to me, and on two of the four occasions, DHL admitted that they didn't even bother visiting my neighbourhood, let alone attempt delivery.

In the end, it took them four weeks and a change of courier company for my order to finally arrive.

I have to roll back my anger slightly as it seems the sender missed a 0 from the address.

The van was parked outside the house and I went out and the driver said he had no parcel for me, which technically he was correct.  I went back inside and saw that the tracking now said I had missed the delivery and there was a photo of someone else door.  I then had to ring customer services, who can't send the driver back, even though I called within minutes.  They will redeliver on Monday, which is no use as I'm not in.  We have now compromised and I can drive to the depot 20 miles away and pick it up between 08:00 and 10:00 tomorrow (with 2 forms of ID plus proof of address...).

Today is my first day in 10 years of getting deliveries like a normal person.  I used to get everything delivered to work as we were open 24/7 365.  Its a perk I miss already!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fireworks on a day other than 5th November should only be allowed to be set off inside the house of the person firing them.  With the door shut and preferably in the smallest room in the house.

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

14 hours ago, ckn said:

Fireworks on a day other than 5th November should only be allowed to be set off inside the house of the person firing them.  With the door shut and preferably in the smallest room in the house.

Does this include fireworks let off for Diwali? Hindus have as much right to let off fireworks too, especially as they were using them long before we were.

5 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Does this include fireworks let off for Diwali? Hindus have as much right to let off fireworks too, especially as they were using them long before we were.

If I had my way, fireworks would be banned except for organised and sanctioned public events.

I attended two Diwali parties this year and there were no fireworks at either, which I’m very happy to say.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 minute ago, ckn said:

If I had my way, fireworks would be banned except for organised and sanctioned public events.

I attended two Diwali parties this year and there were no fireworks at either, which I’m very happy to say.

Do they frighten you dear? Poor dear, have a cup of tea and watch Neighbors then, I will get a blanket for you.

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Do they frighten you dear? Poor dear, have a cup of tea and watch Neighbors then, I will get a blanket for you.

And you wonder why you struggle to get sympathy at times on here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Have a thought for family pets,some of whom suffer greatly.Selfish sod.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckn said:

I think that it beggars belief that in this day and age we are happy to sell explosives over the counter to anybody who wants them.

They should be banned.

• Like 1

"Modded" hatchbacks with ridiculously loud exhaust pipes, should be an instant MOT failure. Vehicles are supposed to be checked. Why are so many on the road?

Scare my dog worse than the fireworks.

Edited by BryanC
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, BryanC said:

"Modded" hatchbacks with ridiculously loud exhaust pipes, should be an instant MOT failure. Vehicles are supposed to be checked. Why are so many on the road?

1.1 Ford Fiestas pimped up to make the owner’s micro-penis feel better about itself. Change the MOT law to make it illegal to make alterations to a car that have a potential to fail an MOT without a new test, penalty confiscation and crushing 

49 minutes ago, BryanC said:

There are so many on the road because possibly the owners restore. The exhaust and lights just to pass the test.. Doubtful they have declared the modifications to their insurers. 

3 hours ago, BryanC said:

Not just cars though, someone needs to tell these synthetic fibre clad individuals that mopeds are not supposed to be deafeningly loud, sounding like the engine is about to blow with a thick cloud of smoke coming out the back of them. 

22 hours ago, JohnM said:

There are so many on the road because possibly the owners restore. The exhaust and lights just to pass the test.. Doubtful they have declared the modifications to their insurers. 

I read somewhere that it is because of insurance costs that vehicle modification (at the budget end of things) has moved away from performance enhancement to cosmetic tweaking. So I'd guess a lot of the current mob of tarted-up hatchbacks are likely to be safer at least, without some amateur installing turbos, nitrous oxide etc.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why is it that in Italy, you can go to any random cafe and get a great tomato based dish, but in the UK our tomatoes are sludgy and tasteless in all bar the most expensive of places. Same in supermarkets, unless you’re buying the most expensive, they’re tasteless‬. 

Also, a damn nice pizza in a nice restaurant in Italy will cost you €6-8 but a cardboard Domino’s version is £16. 

All I want is a nice, simple bruschetta or pizza without having to hunt them down and pay a fortune. 

2 hours ago, ckn said:

Why is it that in Italy, you can go to any random cafe and get a great tomato based dish, but in the UK our tomatoes are sludgy and tasteless in all bar the most expensive of places. Same in supermarkets, unless you’re buying the most expensive, they’re tasteless‬. 

Also, a damn nice pizza in a nice restaurant in Italy will cost you €6-8 but a cardboard Domino’s version is £16. 

All I want is a nice, simple bruschetta or pizza without having to hunt them down and pay a fortune. 

Don't care how, I want it now.

Edited by hindle xiii