Rant thread

6 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

What will happen to those responsible if caught though? Some wet lettuce copper (probably 5’2”) or social worker telling them it’s not a good idea and please don’t do it again. 

In the 70’s they’d have fallen down the stairs, got a good slap and learned not to do it again. 

That’s why the 70’s were ace. 

They'd have fallen down the stairs twice in a police station that had no stairs. And then gone home and found themselves suddenly unable to get up the stairs again without falling down them a few times once their parents heard.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Quite so. We don't need a police service where cops cant swear and where cops have to be polite and friendly to crims. 

We need a police FORCE!!!!! 

As my old mate, an ex copper says "When I joined we had a police force and a postal service. When I retired, we had a police service and a parcel force."

• Haha 2

On 02/11/2019 at 17:09, BryanC said:

"Modded" hatchbacks with ridiculously loud exhaust pipes, should be an instant MOT failure. Vehicles are supposed to be checked. Why are so many on the road?

Scare my dog worse than the fireworks.

Not forgetting they usually have their windows down and some sort of drum/bass/ibiza track shaking the car to it`s very core .

• Like 1

Why cannot Trading Standards/Government enforce clothing Manufacturers/Retailers buyers to comply with actual sizes. S, M, L , XL etc or ladies 10,12, 14 could be given an actual measurement. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

Why cannot Trading Standards/Government enforce clothing Manufacturers/Retailers buyers to comply with actual sizes. S, M, L , XL etc or ladies 10,12, 14 could be given an actual measurement. 

translate.jpg

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

It's because the EU is only able to set guidelines not laws.

Shadow's answer is better though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Barclays Bank.

Few month back, i transferred a fair whack of GBP back to the UK, from my Singapore bank to Barclays. Worked a treat. Easy. 

Last month i did the same, exact same details (theyre saved at my local bank) and Barclays didnt receive it. Fair enough, opened a case and they can check it out. This should be utterly basic.

Just received a call over the 10 days they said itd take and they need more details. I have a copy of the mt103 in my email and can send them it now.. whats your email address? Whats a mt103.. oh god! Anyway, long story short, they cant accept email...!! Ok.. can i log online, and attach it... erm... no. Ok, can i give you details over phone, ive passed security etc... erm.. no! Can i send it via swift..? Eh.. whats swift... this again!! Answer was obviously no. 

The only way i can send a swift to them is by printing it out and then posting it! Actual physical post!!! This is insane. Ive only ever worked for Investment Banks (Barclays included) and this is usually sorted in a few hours.. a lot more cash, but still!! 

Im astounded. Physical post!! It wouldnt even go to the place direct, you have to send it to head office first. 

Sigh

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Easyjet overbooking my flight to Alicante

Suspected they overbooked the flight when I was struggling to check in - so asked them directly yesterday, they said not to worry

They we’re still selling flights this morning

Fingers Crossed for a no-show

Norovirus. ?

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Me too... Awful though over the worst today... Still cold though 

Started Sunday evening, and just about getting over it now. Mind numbing daytime TV doesn't help. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• 2 weeks later...

QI XL.

One of the few tv programmes I look forward to.

Last week it was replaced by the interview with Prince Andrew. Fine, it's news, not happy but I understand.

This week it is being replaced by some random South American soccer cup final. Phuck off, phuck the phuck off.

Put QI on iplayer and let me watch them in peace.

Edited by hindle xiii
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

QI XL.

One of the few tv programmes I look forward to.

Last week it was replaced by the interview with Prince Andrew. Fine, it's news, not happy but I understand.

This week it is being replaced by some random South American soccer cup final. Phuck off, phuck the phuck off.

Put QI on iplayer and let me watch them in peace.

Or just have the random soccer game streamed on the website, or better yet leave it on whatever channel its been on in the past. 

24 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Or just have the random soccer game streamed on the website, or better yet leave it on whatever channel its been on in the past. 

It hasn't been on the BBC in the past. And live trumps pre-recorded most of the time in broadcasters' eyes, especially when Football is involved.

But there's only one Copa Libertadores final per year, so you're safe for 364 days.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saffron! Bloody hell! If a talentless braindead oaf like her can get on national TV, there is no hope for the future! Or in her style, Like Saffron! Like Bloody hell! Like If a like talentless like braindead like oaf like her can like get on like national TV, there is like no hope for the like future. 

Had enough of Victoria (It`s my programme and i am going to shake my head and arms around a la  Miss Piggy and waffle on as much as i like)  Coren Mitchell on Only Connect .My tip is watch it on mute . Not only do you not have to listen to her incessant jabbering but it gives you a good bit longer to see if you can guess the link before it comes on screen . It`s a win win ........still don`t get many mind you ..

23 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Had enough of Victoria (It`s my programme and i am going to shake my head and arms around a la  Miss Piggy and waffle on as much as i like)  Coren Mitchell on Only Connect .My tip is watch it on mute . Not only do you not have to listen to her incessant jabbering but it gives you a good bit longer to see if you can guess the link before it comes on screen . It`s a win win ........still don`t get many mind you ..

She does have two good points though...