Rant thread

8 hours ago, Mark S said:

Roadside litter, getting even worse now. It’s time that heavy fines and driving license endorsements are introduced. Any junction of a major road are just covered is rubbish.

Agree 100% its a disgrace . It's not just the junctions , drove from Hull to Grimsby Sunday . Every part of the verge was covered in plastic ###### . 

On 25/05/2016 at 11:29, ckn said:

Sometimes I really wonder if some people understand the concept of doing work in return for being paid money..

I've found very few truly professional people at their job, even fewer with a decent work ethic and almost none who stood up for the values involved. I just think we're all products of the politics of selfishness.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

24 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I've found very few truly professional people at their job, even fewer with a decent work ethic and almost none who stood up for the values involved. I just think we're all products of the politics of selfishness.

...or maybe you just work with a bunch of useless ratbags. :kolobok_wink:

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

53 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I had a job interview yesterday, & the interviewers looked stunned when I said I had a positive work attitude. Is this not acceptable anymore?

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

...or maybe you just work with a bunch of useless ratbags. :kolobok_wink:

No but your response is predictable.

10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I had a job interview yesterday, & the interviewers looked stunned when I said I had a positive work attitude. Is this not acceptable anymore?

Did they explain why they were surprised, did you ask?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 09/01/2020 at 22:26, Bleep1673 said:

I suppose it's possible that they found your response a cliche. It's one of those phrases that make an interviewers eyes glaze over like "I'm too much of a perfectionist".

A little thing but really annoyed with myself. A tiny magnet from my tablet case came out of its hole and I've super glued it back in but when I closed the case I realised I'd glued it back in the wrong way round so now it doesn't stick to the case lid. Okay, the case still closes and it doesn't affect it at all but my OCD is going crazy. There is no way its coming back out of the hole, I used Guerrilla Glue! Oh God! This is really gonna irritate me for a long time! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

A little thing but really annoyed with myself. A tiny magnet from my tablet case came out of its hole and I've super glued it back in but when I closed the case I realised I'd glued it back in the wrong way round so now it doesn't stick to the case lid. Okay, the case still closes and it doesn't affect it at all but my OCD is going crazy. There is no way its coming b7ack out of the hole, I used Guerrilla Glue! Oh God! This is really gonna irritate me for a long time! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

Did you go ape?

Perhaps if you put it on the stove on high heat under the griller it might melt it?

........Or perhaps not.

( Despite my flippancy I do feel your pain)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

In spite of all the commentary regarding this, the number of people still using could of, would of, should of, instead of "have", is beyond belief.

It literally makes me die every time I see it :kolobok_biggrin:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

In spite of all the commentary regarding this, the number of people still using could of, would of, should of, instead of "have", is beyond belief.

You could of said.

Don't be a bad looser 

Edited by Bearman
  • Haha 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

You could of said.

Don't be a bad looser 

Docked 1 point for the correctly-placed apostrophe. :kolobok_wink:

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 13/01/2020 at 17:10, The Hallucinating Goose said:

A little thing but really annoyed with myself. A tiny magnet from my tablet case came out of its hole and I've super glued it back in but when I closed the case I realised I'd glued it back in the wrong way round so now it doesn't stick to the case lid. Okay, the case still closes and it doesn't affect it at all but my OCD is going crazy. There is no way its coming back out of the hole, I used Guerrilla Glue! Oh God! This is really gonna irritate me for a long time! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

I have an image of all this being done by a goose.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 2 weeks later...

FFS... Have people never seen bad 1970s sci-fi?

Almost as bad as that with the spiders being made to make carbon nanotube webs. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

39 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It’s basically Spider-Man but he’ll eat anything. 

...and butt all the other superheroes in the bum anytime they bend over.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 16/01/2020 at 11:02, Robin Evans said:

Yeah we get it, see the wall thread, for goodness sake, are you professor of English at Halifax University?