Rant thread

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Yeah we get it, see the wall thread, for goodness sake, are you professor of English at Halifax University?

Halifax has a university? You live and learn!

To all Fax fans, this is a light-hearted attempt at humour and should not be seen as derogatory in any way.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Microsoft are doing my head in tonight...

I wanted to add Visio to my Office 365 subscription but apparently only businesses use it so I can’t add it to my home subscription regardless of what I try. FFS...

30 mins later, I give up and create a new account. It gets huffy when I won’t put in a business name, mainly because I want it for my use with my name and not the NHS... So I put “none” and it gives up and lets me.

Then it creates a random made-up domain name for me and refuses to use my own personal one because that’s linked to my home account. It then won’t let me copy the domain address without some real grumbling.

It then gets all huffy when I won’t put in a VAT number. FFS... I eventually get it working and paid for, it then tries to log in with my home account and says “you don’t have this app in your account.”

Far too much faffing about.

The only reason I sucked up buying Visio was my large library of Visio files that I can’t open with anything else... I’ll see if I can get them converted out and then cancel this idiot subscription.

• Confused 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I have had to pay a "Fine" by post today, I do not have a chequebook anymore, so I had to go to the Post Office and but a Postal Order for £90, it cost me £101, for a 30 second print job, this sounds like a rip off. Where are we 1950? rant rant rant rant rant rant!!!!!

I got an email from a sweet and lovely person who I wanted to invest my pension fund with, reading...

I have spoked to one of our advisors and due to regulations we will need a valid form of ID in order to proceed with a meeting. This must be a valid passport or driving licence.

Two spelling mistakes shows a lack of attention, especially when most providers automatically spellcheck.

Edited by Bleep1673

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Sweet and Lovely is NOT what I writ

Ah, you found one of our sweary word replacers then. ?

• Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

26 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I got an email from a sweet and lovely person who I wanted to invest my pension fund with, reading...

I have spoked to one of our advisors and due to regulations we will need a valid form of ID in order to proceed with a meeting. This must be a valid passport or driving licence.

Two spelling mistakes shows a lack of attention, especially when most providers automatically spellcheck.

I am in the process of moving a NEST pension to a SIPP (I don’t want to wait until I have been dead for 20 years to start claiming it), the process is ridiculous. It’s almost as if the government want to keep hold of my money for as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I have £41k + 10 years NHS Pension to invest, where will I go, not Yorkshire, too unstable, Cuba, or Argentina?

Bitcoin

trust me rodders This time next year we’ll be miwyonairres

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I have £41k + 10 years NHS Pension to invest, where will I go, not Yorkshire, too unstable, Cuba, or Argentina?

I've got a mate who is an African prince who is looking after my money. I could introduce you if you want.

• Thanks 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

What about the ads that keep appearing on the banner on this forum?

The one with tattooing for people with bald heads.

I think they tattoo a couple of  thousand rabbits all over your head . I understand that from a distance they look like hares.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

What about the ads that keep appearing on the banner on this forum?

The one with tattooing for people with bald heads.

I think they tattoo a couple of  thousand rabbits all over your head . I understand that from a distance they look like hares.

Or they make you look like a South Sydney fan

• Like 1

Pub lunch today and their special was pork belly with crackling.

Now, 5 years ago, I'd have chosen that without thinking, but not now.

5 years ago, we went out to one of those chain restaurants and I ordered pork belly. It turned up and the fat on top was finely diced jelly. They'd just microwaved a frozen one rather than part-microwave and then grill to crispy. Sloppy, stinking gelatinous mess, oozing down the side of the food and all over the plate. The "manager" said "that's how you do pork belly, and that's how we always do it, no-one else has complained in the year we've served it."

To this day, the thought of that jellied mess has put me off one of my favourite dishes and it winds me up every time I see it on the menu.

?

p.s. that was the first time I really cottoned on that they microwaved the food from frozen in these places... that's another rant for another day though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Pub lunch today and their special was pork belly with crackling.

Now, 5 years ago, I'd have chosen that without thinking, but not now.

5 years ago, we went out to one of those chain restaurants and I ordered pork belly. It turned up and the fat on top was finely diced jelly. They'd just microwaved a frozen one rather than part-microwave and then grill to crispy. Sloppy, stinking gelatinous mess, oozing down the side of the food and all over the plate. The "manager" said "that's how you do pork belly, and that's how we always do it, no-one else has complained in the year we've served it."

To this day, the thought of that jellied mess has put me off one of my favourite dishes and it winds me up every time I see it on the menu.

?

p.s. that was the first time I really cottoned on that they microwaved the food from frozen in these places... that's another rant for another day though.

Pub food is very variable, and a lot of them get the pre-made food deliveries from the same suppliers, like Brakes.

When I eat out, I tend to look on the menu for something that could realistically be cooked and plated in a reasonable waiting time. Anything that suggests cuts from a larger dish (kept warm under a heat lamp?), or slow-cooked food (therefore re-heated in the bag) is usually worth avoiding. Exceptions are there, of course, like the black dal at Dishoom, but that's simmered for hours and hours and just served from the pot as and when needed.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Moose said:

People who when asked a question begin their answer with the word so.

Don't you mean "Sooo..."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson