Rant thread

In two years of coming to the iffy bits of East London, I’ve had no damage to my car as I either park in secured NHS car parks or near the flashiest car I can find, often Range Rover OverFinch modded ones in the really rough council estates.

Today, I had to park in a supermarket car park as there were no other spaces anywhere I could find. Came back to a lovely set of shopping trolley scrapes all down the side of the car, including a bit that went through the primer as well as top-coat.

I know exactly where I’d ram a supermarket trolley if I found the culprit. There’s no excuse for it, it’s just pig ignorance from the idiots involved.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 17/02/2020 at 10:19, Bleep1673 said:

I do not have a chequebook anymore

Who does?

it cost me £101, for a 30 second print job, this sounds like a rip off

Get Dom!

Where are we 1950?

Yes!

The rant I have is about rail/train problems with two experiences recently.

The first one was when we were moved from one train to another with the passenger from that one sent in the other direction when the doors had frozen on the one we were sent to. Both trains were going to the same place but one stopped at more stations. We were on the timetable for stopping most. So their train left at the time it was supposed to and ours left late.

The second one was just yesterday when the signals misdirected the train we were on and we not only had to wait but missed a connection.

Now funnily enough my moan isn't about these events because the staff and their responses and general helpfulness and politeness were great.

No my moan is about a political spokesman who said on the radio just now  "You know I really don't care who my trains are run by so long as they're on time." Which was just doublespeak for "It'll always be in private hands because that works better and puts more money the pockets of those who deserve it most!" I did also wonder if he ever travelled by train or only spoke about it for his party?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 hours ago, Oxford said:

Who does?

Get Dom!

Yes!

The rant I have is about rail/train problems with two experiences recently.

The first one was when we were moved from one train to another with the passenger from that one sent in the other direction when the doors had frozen on the one we were sent to. Both trains were going to the same place but one stopped at more stations. We were on the timetable for stopping most. So their train left at the time it was supposed to and ours left late.

The second one was just yesterday when the signals misdirected the train we were on and we not only had to wait but missed a connection.

Now funnily enough my moan isn't about these events because the staff and their responses and general helpfulness and politeness were great.

No my moan is about a political spokesman who said on the radio just now  "You know I really don't care who my trains are run by so long as they're on time." Which was just doublespeak for "It'll always be in private hands because that works better and puts more money the pockets of those who deserve it most!" I did also wonder if he ever travelled by train or only spoke about it for his party?

"Just because you've not put the text in bold doesn't stop your post from being on the wrong forum"

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 1

Finally, I have my new phone.

I have saved like a miser for 2 months, and I finally have a new Galaxy A40, Don't criticise it, It has a great camera for the price, and as Samsung are withdrawing the A40, I got £20 off.

Now all I need to do is find a new flat, as my scuzzy landlord has served me with a sec 21 because he/she thinks they can sell it with a huge patch of black mold in the bedroom, where an upstairs flats water tank over flowed 2 years ago, and it took their landlord 6 months to replace it.

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More of a moan than a rant and in all honesty a real irrelevance. Charity fund raising is great and well done to everyone who contributed to Sport Relief last night. The short piece on bbc news this morning to let people know how much of a success it was didn't include one clip of any sport or sportspeople. Just dancers, comedians, singers and celebrities. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

More of a moan than a rant and in all honesty a real irrelevance. Charity fund raising is great and well done to everyone who contributed to Sport Relief last night. The short piece on bbc news this morning to let people know how much of a success it was didn't include one clip of any sport or sportspeople. Just dancers, comedians, singers and celebrities. 

I got told off by my owner by moaning that I thought it would be about sport not singing and dancing.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, glossop saint said:

Now you mention it I noticed that too. Now it just seems like another Comic Relief.

• 3 weeks later...

Thieves have broken into the local hospice shops warehouse. They have stolen goods and the van which in turn was donated following a similar theft in 2018.

Hanging is too good for them.

• Sad 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 05/03/2020 at 11:47, Bleep1673 said:

Finally, I have my new phone.

I have saved like a miser for 2 months, and I finally have a new Galaxy A40, Don't criticise it, It has a great camera for the price, and as Samsung are withdrawing the A40, I got £20 off.

Now all I need to do is find a new flat, as my scuzzy landlord has served me with a sec 21 because he/she thinks they can sell it with a huge patch of black mold in the bedroom, where an upstairs flats water tank over flowed 2 years ago, and it took their landlord 6 months to replace it.

I have found out why my Landlord wants the property back. He is dying, and wants to move back from France to his first purchase in the UK, my flat. I hope he realises my next door neighbour is dying of 3 types of cancer. It will really lower the house prices in this block when that gets out.

He has postponed my Section 21 under the current situation, and that gives me time to find a deposit for a new flat that I have seen, that has been taken off the market, due to the situation, I really hope I can get the money off the council to help me, as I think the flat that I saw was the third best Place I have ever seen.*

(* The best place was the house my -ex- Partner bought, and persuaded to buy, and the 3 bed flat that my daughter still loves, even though she was only 20-40 months old, she is now 11yo).

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a teleconference now, over 30 participants, the group organising refuse to use videoconferencing. ONE person has their phone right under their nose and refuses to put it on mute. It's like Darth Vader after a good workout and they simply refuse to put themselves on mute regardless of being asked repeatedly.

As it's a rubbish teleconferencing solution, they can't see who it is or do a centralised mute.

And also, because it's a rubbish solution, we were hearing "(name) has joined" and "(name) has left" throughout, again because people refuse to dial in on time.

Yet they STILL will not move to use video or a better platform despite us pleading with them.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Now I'm on another one and someone's dialling in from a tube station and refusing to mute themselves.

54 minutes ago, ckn said:

And also, because it's a rubbish solution, we were hearing "(name) has joined" and "(name) has left" throughout, again because people refuse to dial in on time.

I feel your pain with that. There is nothing more infuriating than talking and being constantly interrupted by people leaving and joining. 

20 hours ago, ckn said:

Now I'm on another one and someone's dialling in from a tube station and refusing to mute themselves.

One of the AA Groups I am on has organised a WhatsApp group, first week was chaos, second week was much better organised, 3rd week was practically dead.

• 1 month later...

Very annoyed this morning! Woken up to the news that my favourite burger van has been banned from the city centre because "it has an adverse effect on the overall character of the city centre".

Its been there for almost 30 ###### years!! Mr Spud is one of the most loved businesses in the city centre, always queues waiting, really friendly people that run it, it's a sodding institution in hull!! Anyone who has come to Hull on the train should know it, it sits (well used to) outside the main entrance to the station.

Recently council have been banning all the food venders in the city centre and giving that same ###### reason. Every city in Britain, every city in the ###### world has food vendors and it does not have an adverse effect on the character, it adds to the character, adds to the sounds and smells of the place, it certainly does not make it worse!!! 

Hull City centre has been made into a bland, dull, boring hole by this joke of a council. Yeah, don't bother tackling the spice zombies, Street drinkers and heroin addicts shooting up in the phone box outside waterstones in view of little kids, no they're not the problem, no, everyone's favourite burger/jacket Spud van is the problem. Is it cos they don't sell ###### caviar?? stupid council ponces!!!!! Posh #####!!!!!! 

I'm off to go burn down City Hall..... ???????????

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Very annoyed this morning! Woken up to the news that my favourite burger van has been banned from the city centre because "it has an adverse effect on the overall character of the city centre".

Its been there for almost 30 ###### years!! Mr Spud is one of the most loved businesses in the city centre, always queues waiting, really friendly people that run it, it's a sodding institution in hull!! Anyone who has come to Hull on the train should know it, it sits (well used to) outside the main entrance to the station.

Recently council have been banning all the food venders in the city centre and giving that same ###### reason. Every city in Britain, every city in the ###### world has food vendors and it does not have an adverse effect on the character, it adds to the character, adds to the sounds and smells of the place, it certainly does not make it worse!!! 

Hull City centre has been made into a bland, dull, boring hole by this joke of a council. Yeah, don't bother tackling the spice zombies, Street drinkers and heroin addicts shooting up in the phone box outside waterstones in view of little kids, no they're not the problem, no, everyone's favourite burger/jacket Spud van is the problem. Is it cos they don't sell ###### caviar?? stupid council ponces!!!!! Posh #####!!!!!! 

How could anything, up to and including chemical warfare, have an adverse effect on Hull city centre?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Shadow said:

How could anything, up to and including chemical warfare, have an adverse effect on Hull city centre?

Chemical warfare would at least bring a bit of character to the place and wipe out a few of the smackheads as well. 

Same thing happened to a coffee van in the city centre, same ###### claims that it was a bad image for the city. A lot of people saying it's underhand tactics to try to get them to move into a new food hall that's opening soon. No one wants this new food hall, haven't heard anyone say they're gonna go in it, it's just gonna be a load of overpriced, artisan, pretentious, hipster food and I can guarantee right now it will close down in just a few years, either that or it will go the same way as the indoor Market and half the units will be empty and the place will be completely dead. 

Council are killing the city centre. I don't know what they think this city is. Ever since city of culture they seem to think the place is of a higher class than it is. They need to realise this is one of the most working class cities in Britain and accommodate their residents rather than thinking they can attract people from outside in. Yeah they could make more money from tourism but they are also losing so much from their own people sodding off to other cities to spend. 

No wonder so many people don't even go shopping in the city now, it's amazing the amount of people that say they prefer to travel an hour to Leeds, Sheffield or York to shop. 

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Chemical warfare would at least bring a bit of character to the place and wipe out a few of the smackheads as well. 

Same thing happened to a coffee van in the city centre, same ###### claims that it was a bad image for the city. A lot of people saying it's underhand tactics to try to get them to move into a new food hall that's opening soon. No one wants this new food hall, haven't heard anyone say they're gonna go in it, it's just gonna be a load of overpriced, artisan, pretentious, hipster food and I can guarantee right now it will close down in just a few years, either that or it will go the same way as the indoor Market and half the units will be empty and the place will be completely dead. 

Council are killing the city centre. I don't know what they think this city is. Ever since city of culture they seem to think the place is of a higher class than it is. They need to realise this is one of the most working class cities in Britain and accommodate their residents rather than thinking they can attract people from outside in. Yeah they could make more money from tourism but they are also losing so much from their own people sodding off to other cities to spend. 

No wonder so many people don't even go shopping in the city now, it's amazing the amount of people that say they prefer to travel an hour to Leeds, Sheffield or York to shop. 

There is a place like that near me. Full of pretentious tossers.

I am there a few times a week.

Edited by Bob8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Artisan hipster food you say, do tell me more?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The City of Culture thing has gone to their heads it seems.

8 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

that would be a Labour council , just saying

8 hours ago, Shadow said:

That reminds me of what people said about Manchester city centre after the bombing in the 70s (I think). It had improved the city centre more in one afternoon than the council had in 50 years.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

17 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

That reminds me of what people said about Manchester city centre after the bombing in the 70s (I think). It had improved the city centre more in one afternoon than the council had in 50 years.

Shouldn’t laugh but ??

• Haha 1