Rant thread

I have just been to PC World for some printer cartridges, due to the buses being on an emergency timetable, and roadworks on the way there it took me nearly an hour to get there, when I did get to the front of the queue the person on the door asked me what I was there for, when I told him, he said they have not had a delivery of cartridges for weeks, when I asked if I could go and check for myself, he let me in, lo and behold they had my cartridges, and lots of them. I told the shop manager & she said it was because they were limiting the distribution. I then had to wait a full hour for a return bus that is supposed to be 4 an hour.

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've been sat quiet in the living room, just browsing the web all morning. Another member of the household comes in and turns the TV on, turns the volume right up and starts flicking through the channels and putting on some garbage that they aren't even interested in watching.

Why do people think that the TV absolutely has to be on all the time? This often happens in my house. TV is turned on then this is said, "there's nowt on, I'll just stick this on". Random show they aren't interested in goes on. I say, "why don't you just turn it off then?", followed by, "what else am I supposed to do?" how about not disturb me when I'm just relaxing and enjoying the silence?! How about go away?! At least ask if it's okay to turn the TV on! 

I didn't realise you lived in my house ? ?

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've been sat quiet in the living room, just browsing the web all morning. Another member of the household comes in and turns the TV on, turns the volume right up and starts flicking through the channels and putting on some garbage that they aren't even interested in watching.

Why do people think that the TV absolutely has to be on all the time? This often happens in my house. TV is turned on then this is said, "there's nowt on, I'll just stick this on". Random show they aren't interested in goes on. I say, "why don't you just turn it off then?", followed by, "what else am I supposed to do?" how about not disturb me when I'm just relaxing and enjoying the silence?! How about go away?! At least ask if it's okay to turn the TV on! 

You could do something else, maybe go out on a motorbike ride

Photographer Renato Navarro captures Vietnam biker carrying geese ...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Oh dear I’m afraid that’s me . I must have the telly on , otherwise I think there’s a power cut 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So the instigators of the ' white lives matter ' banner could be prosecuted ? 

Not comfortable with that 

Me neither. I don't think there is anything illegal with it. Unsavoury maybe, not illegal. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So the instigators of the ' white lives matter ' banner could be prosecuted ? 

Not comfortable with that 

Cant see that happening . No legal expert but whatever perception you put on it it’s not illegal , and that would be a dangerous road to go down 

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

So are you saying we should take a side.

It’s not about taking a side it’s about acknowledging there’s a group of people getting the ###### end of the stick. Telling everyone other people have sticks is irrelevant  

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

It’s not about taking a side it’s about acknowledging there’s a group of people getting the ###### end of the stick. Telling everyone other people have sticks is irrelevant  

Not sure where you live but it's not exactly brimming with wealth or the opportunities to gain wealth here. 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

I can put my hand on my heart and say I treat all lives as equal

But do you ? , Do you buy clothes made in ' sweatshops ' in South East Asia ? , I do , does that make me a bad person ?

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not sure where you live but it's not exactly brimming with wealth or the opportunities to gain wealth here. 

What’s your point?

some areas are deprived so black people got nothing to complain about?

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

But do you ? , Do you buy clothes made in ' sweatshops ' in South East Asia ? , I do , does that make me a bad person ?

More than likely do, it's something I have never checked and I don't think you've been called a bad person.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Just now, Marauder said:

More than likely do, it's something I have never checked and I don't think you've been called a bad person.

No , I haven't ? , but my point is we live in an imperfect world , it's always been imperfect , it always will be , it isn't fair , it never will be , so should I , or you , or everybody give up our priveliged lives and dedicate ourselves to making a fairer world for ALL people ?

So people will demonstrate for one particular section of society , but what ignore all the other inequalities in the world , do black lives matter ? , Course they do , do slightly brown lives matter ? , How about yellow ones , how about those who believe in one particular ' god ' , the list is endless , how many black people don't give a toss about other black people ? , Plenty of them out there as well 

Racism is wrong , we should do all we can to eradicate it , but you will never stop people treating other people differently , and indeed very very badly , 

• Like 1