Rant thread

Despite the blanket tv coverage and endless documentaries , the 80`s was not the best decade for music , in fact it was the worst . Also Nile Rodgers was not "the face" of all that was good about music in the late 70`s , everybody i know was listening to prog , rock , heavy metal and punk .

My concessionary bus pass expires on Monday 29th March, In January I had an application through from the County Council, which I filled in, and passed to my GP to sign and stamp it, I also enclosed a stamped addressed envelope for them to post it off. The County Council have declared they have not yet received it.

My GP Surgery is probably the worst performing surgey during Covid, they were not very good before, now they are even worse, they recently sent a Covid Vaccination appointment to my 82 year old neighbour, even though he died in August 2020.

12 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

My concessionary bus pass expires on Monday 29th March, In January I had an application through from the County Council, which I filled in, and passed to my GP to sign and stamp it, I also enclosed a stamped addressed envelope for them to post it off. The County Council have declared they have not yet received it.

My GP Surgery is probably the worst performing surgey during Covid, they were not very good before, now they are even worse, they recently sent a Covid Vaccination appointment to my 82 year old neighbour, even though he died in August 2020.

The council have just rang me back. They had received it, but they have had to send it back to me because the Doctor had not put the practice stamp on the form.

My wife wanted to go to a shop in Bedworth.

I turned left and found myself in a bus lane. I had to drive on and tried to get out of there ASAP. I went round the block and tried again,  it seems  that I should have gone straight on instead of turning left.

I expect a £60 fine is on its way in the post.

Bdooly expensive nip to the shops

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Nicola Sturgeon has just announced that Scotland has vaccinated more people than exist in Scotland, if you subtract the 200 million who have died in Scotland, which is 100 times the population.

Edited by Bleep1673

• 2 weeks later...

And then its the BAFTAs. Jeez.. A bunch of no mark luvvies in an orgy of self congratulation. All good films, I'm sure, but good grief, this adulation is a real emetic. Most of the films are not even released yet. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 10:45, Stirlin said:

Yep , that and the music industry which comes up with a ' new' award for some music category at regular intervals.

When did R&B turn into the zhite they call R&B today.

• Like 4

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JohnM said:

What a rubbish day. Wigan lost, City lost, Salford lost,  I lost at Scrabble and it's raining.  😲😠👹👹👹👹

I share your pain, mate.

Except the weather. At least here it is a beautiful day ...

... again!

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

...but my rant that trumps all my other rants combined is.....

...the Covid elbow touch. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. 

Its stupid, pointless, nonsensical, looks daft AND CAUSES A HUGE SPIKE IN BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!!👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹

21 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

I share your pain, mate.

Except the weather. At least here it is a beautiful day ...

... again!

Thats the problem with Crete, lack of rainfall, thats why the diet is so limited, and they have to ship over any protein.

33 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I agree mate, I would shake your hand but we aren't allowed to do that... how about an elbow touch instead?? 😜

Yeah, elbow touches, then our breathing surfaces are closer together, increasing the risks of cross infection.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Thats the problem with Crete, lack of rainfall, thats why the diet is so limited, and they have to ship over any protein.

We don't need to ship it over. It comes by the plane-load. The only problem is that smell of coconut on its skin. Once it's on the grill, though, you barely notice it.

😜

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 08/05/2021 at 19:38, JohnM said:

What a rubbish day. Wigan lost, City lost, Salford lost,  I lost at Scrabble and it's raining.  😲😠👹👹👹👹

And you were on holiday in Rhyl and there was no chip pan?

• Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 10/05/2021 at 07:34, JohnM said:

...but my rant that trumps all my other rants combined is.....

...the Covid elbow touch. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. STOP IT. 

Its stupid, pointless, nonsensical, looks daft AND CAUSES A HUGE SPIKE IN BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!!👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹

I am with you there. I wish someone would refuse when the chief idiot is out and about. Just look him up and down and shake the head.