Rant thread

5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

A lot of drivers in Bradford do that on roundabouts and also don't bother with trivial stuff like indicators.

Not sure what Bradford is like for roundabouts but Warrington is full of them, you'd think people would have enough practice to know how to use them

I'll have to find a video of a roudabout somewhere in the US that I saw - its amusing/worrying how the various drivers tackled it

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Not sure what Bradford is like for roundabouts but Warrington is full of them, you'd think people would have enough practice to know how to use them

I'll have to find a video of a roudabout somewhere in the US that I saw - its amusing/worrying how the various drivers tackled it

I read something recently about a city in America, can't remember where it was now, I seem to think Cleveland or Colombus but might be wrong, where they had a mayor who had spent a lot of time in Europe and loved roundabouts and so built absolutely masses of them in the city over his tenure and as a result its a bit of a anomoly in America. 

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'll have to find a video of a roundabout somewhere in the US that I saw - its amusing/worrying how the various drivers tackled it

I think I've seen that, or one very like it. It looks pretty clear that none of the drivers had been told what a roundabout was, so they were just making it up as they went along. To be fair, it must be a bit confusing when you first encounter one.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

I think I've seen that, or one very like it. It looks pretty clear that none of the drivers had been told what a roundabout was, so they were just making it up as they went along. To be fair, it must be a bit confusing when you first encounter one.

Found it:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

its light till late in the summer every day of the week - why do people decide to bring out their noisy lawnmowers on a peaceful sunday morning ?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

33 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

its light till late in the summer every day of the week - why do people decide to bring out their noisy lawnmowers on a peaceful sunday morning ?

I can't speak for round where you live of course but round here people often do that if someone in the vicinity has been having a noisy party into the early hours of the morning.

A few years back a less than reputable family moved in a couple of doors down. They had a ridiculously noisy party one night, finally shutting up about 3 in the morning so I decided the grass needed cutting at 7am. When I went outside I could already hear 2 other lawnmowers and someone drilling. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2021 at 13:54, Mumby Magic said:

People that collect dog faeces in a bag then leave the bag on the curb. Wtf is that about.

People cat car boots offering 10p for some thing worth a tenner at least.

There was an old bloke with 2 dogs who let one do its business near our house and went to walk  off , when our neighbour pointed to a sign about picking it up and this bloke just said ‘ dog cant read ‘

• 3 months later...

23rd September - Morrisons have Christmas nativity calendars  on the shelves, on ITV there has just been an advert for 'Studio' with the backing song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" that shows a mum hurrying home through the snow and neighbour tells me that they are selling Christmas tree baubles on one of the shopping channels, and here's me sitting outside in shorts and t shirt enjoying the sunshine.

Surely it should be no Christmas related 'adverts'  until 1st November,  🎅 bah humbug.

Edited by Exiled Townie

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

31 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

23rd September - Morrisons have Christmas nativity calendars  on the shelves, on ITV there has just been an advert for 'Studio' with the backing song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" that shows a mum hurrying home through the snow and neighbour tells me that they are selling Christmas tree baubles on one of the shopping channels, and here's me sitting outside in shorts and t shirt enjoying the sunshine.

Surely it should be no Christmas related 'adverts'  until 1st November,  🎅 bah humbug.

Given the supply problems WHICH HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH BREXIT*, you may want to start stocking (sic) up early on festive goods.

*according to the new Witchfinder, er, Director General of the BBC who is not a party stooge at all, honest.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Capitalism in crisis obviously.  - profits missed last year, get the sales in early

or

Brexit in crisis obviously - profits missed as the labour shortages and goods blockage and the red tape explosion, get the sales in early

or 

Covid 19 in crisis obviously - profits missed as the next Wuhan military grade viro bomb on its way with the NHS in Tory crisis, get the sales in early

😯

Edited by idrewthehaggis

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

As long as you can still get selection boxes them im ok for presents 

I bought a box of cards in the Christmas shop closing down sale back in January and I'll just go to the bank closer to the time to get a load of tenners and then that's my presents sorted. Nothing beats a tenner in a card!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Very annoyed this morning. After finishing my early morning shift I went in the shop just along from my work to get something for lunch. I end up getting a few other bits as well so needed a bag when I got to the till. 

At the till, the shop assistant asks if I need a bag and I say I do. She is wearing a face mask and mumbles something about a bag for life and 20p. I do not hear the whole of what she has said due to the mask, her mumbling, the loud music playing in the shop and the general noise from other customers, but rightly figure she asked me what kind of bag I want and of course I haven't heard all the pricings of the different options, so fed up and just wanting to get out of there and go home after my shift, I say, "whichever is cheapest". The woman looks at me like I am completely stupid, laughs in my face and says in an incredibly condescending tone, "well 20p is less than £1". I answer immediately with, "well sorry but I didn't here what you said" to which she just rolls her eyes and begins the worst packing of a bag I have ever seen. 

I then say I will be paying with my card. A few moments pass and she, again almost mocking me, tells me to tap my card on the machine and I'm stood there thinking, I didn't even see her press any buttons to activate the machine and in most shops they tell you when you can do it but she just stood there before basically having a go at me. 

Whatever happened to shop assistants being nice and wanting to provide a service to their customers that will leave them happy and contented to return to the shop? It seems like every shop assistant I get these days is rude and/or miserable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Very annoyed this morning. After finishing my early morning shift I went in the shop just along from my work to get something for lunch. I end up getting a few other bits as well so needed a bag when I got to the till. 

At the till, the shop assistant asks if I need a bag and I say I do. She is wearing a face mask and mumbles something about a bag for life and 20p. I do not hear the whole of what she has said due to the mask, her mumbling, the loud music playing in the shop and the general noise from other customers, but rightly figure she asked me what kind of bag I want and of course I haven't heard all the pricings of the different options, so fed up and just wanting to get out of there and go home after my shift, I say, "whichever is cheapest". The woman looks at me like I am completely stupid, laughs in my face and says in an incredibly condescending tone, "well 20p is less than £1". I answer immediately with, "well sorry but I didn't here what you said" to which she just rolls her eyes and begins the worst packing of a bag I have ever seen. 

I then say I will be paying with my card. A few moments pass and she, again almost mocking me, tells me to tap my card on the machine and I'm stood there thinking, I didn't even see her press any buttons to activate the machine and in most shops they tell you when you can do it but she just stood there before basically having a go at me. 

Whatever happened to shop assistants being nice and wanting to provide a service to their customers that will leave them happy and contented to return to the shop? It seems like every shop assistant I get these days is rude and/or miserable. 

My mam worked in M&S all her working life . Everything was about how you were presented ( someone would come round inspecting how you were dressed) and customer service . You should hear here when we go in a supermarket , and especially in M&S … ‘ they’d never get a look in here in my day ‘ . So many just aren’t interested .

• Like 1

On 17/10/2021 at 11:33, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Probably ex-woolworths.😜

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 17/10/2021 at 11:33, The Hallucinating Goose said:

pubs are the same - when some youngster with a top knot and rubbish tattoos can be bothered to serve me between yawning and been on their fone - they usually just look at me and say FOUR FIVTY SIX- to which i reply "is that opposed to being that will be four pounds and 56 pence please sir" HMHB 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

An anti-rant related to the previous two rants, it doesn't have to be that way.

In September, I and two other bikers spent four nights at the Elephant and Castle in Newtown,  Powys, mid-Wales. The staff -reception, waitresses, cleaners etc.  mainly local  young women in their early 20s,  were unfailingly helpful, tolerant, happy and friendly. 

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

An anti-rant related to the previous two rants, it doesn't have to be that way.

In September, I and two other bikers spent four nights at the Elephant and Castle in Newtown,  Powys, mid-Wales. The staff -reception, waitresses, cleaners etc.  mainly local  young women in their early 20s,  were unfailingly helpful, tolerant, happy and friendly. 

What bike were you riding?