Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Rant thread

Just wait till they find out the RNLI spend lots of money in Ireland...

The comments/replies are not nice.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

57 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

People pretending they’ve made donations complaining about their non-existent donations being used to save lives. Strange angry little people.

• Like 4

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Lets try and avoix making this political topic eh.

RNLI's first station in Ireland was opened in 1826.  The RNLI is a registered charity in Ireland  the Republic of Ireland 20003326

The records appear to show the main income , over 10, 000, 000 €, comes from donations. A friend of ours worked in the RNLI shop at Youghal and reported on the generosity of the locals in funding the service through donations, fund raising events etc.. Can't see anything there that shows that the RNLI in GB sends money to Ireland. 

https://www.charitiesregulator.ie/en/information-for-the-public/search-the-charities-register/charity-detail?srchstr=20003326&regid=20003326

• Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Lets try and avoix making this political topic eh.

RNLI's first station in Ireland was opened in 1826.  The RNLI is a registered charity in Ireland  the Republic of Ireland 20003326

The records appear to show the main income , over 10, 000, 000 €, comes from donations. A friend of ours worked in the RNLI shop at Youghal and reported on the generosity of the locals in funding the service through donations, fund raising events etc.. Can't see anything there that shows that the RNLI in GB sends money to Ireland. 

https://www.charitiesregulator.ie/en/information-for-the-public/search-the-charities-register/charity-detail?srchstr=20003326&regid=20003326

Oh so they are completely separate with no crossover?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

He's just upset because they won't spend money on a Bedford Lifeboat

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

This appears to cover Ireland and Northern Ireland.  https://afloat.ie/resources/organisations/rnli-ireland

I was trying to see if money raised here went to Ireland. 

In the experience of our friends at Youghal, there was never any issue of it being "Royal"

My wife has  worked  long and hard here for years  raising money via the RNLI shop, plus attending fundraising events and her rant is about the stupid ignorant people that let their kids sail out to sea in li-los etc and require rescuing.

• Like 1

Talking about rants for the 2nd weekend running i got held up on a certain motorway with road works, but the annoying part about this was that in the 6 miles of road works there wasn't a single worker and there are no road works there in the week.

Whats the point is closing lanes at weekends when there doesn't appear to be anyone working on them. Rant over.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

This appears to cover Ireland and Northern Ireland.  https://afloat.ie/resources/organisations/rnli-ireland

I was trying to see if money raised here went to Ireland. 

And the main RNLI website and accounts talk of UK and Ireland explicitly, and do not separate the two.  

14 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Talking about rants for the 2nd weekend running i got held up on a certain motorway with road works, but the annoying part about this was that in the 6 miles of road works there wasn't a single worker and there are no road works there in the week.

Whats the point is closing lanes at weekends when there doesn't appear to be anyone working on them. Rant over.

Did you factor in this?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/15/moment-runaway-goat-brings-m62-motorway-standstill-10745863/

• Haha 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

15 hours ago, JohnM said:

Just for info from their accounts:

The RNLI is a charity registered in England and Wales (209603), Scotland (SC037736), the Republic of Ireland (20003326) and the Bailiwick of Jersey (14). The address of the registered office is West Quay Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1HZ.

The Irish charity and the British charity are one and the same.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

OOH, don't get me started on that American Mezzo-soprano soloist on Saturday. Please note very carefully what I write here. I am not homo-phobic. I have worked in the NHS for 30 years, and met some very fine LGBTQ staff, many of whom I have been very pleased to have a drink with after work, but please, do we have to have it forced down our throat? During her interview on BBC1 she declared almost in a shout how proud she was to be Queer (her words), then during Rule Britannia, she stood there waving a large rainbow flag around, as though the song was aimed at the LGBTQ community. It seems it is almost compulsory again that if you want to be on TV you have to be LGBTQ.

16 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

then during Rule Britannia, she stood there waving a large rainbow flag around,

I know.

It was tremendous.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I know.

It was tremendous.

Can you imagine if she had waved a European Union flag around? She wouldn't have got out of there alive.

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Can you imagine if she had waved a European Union flag around? She wouldn't have got out of there alive.

Mate, the hall was filled with EU flags.

3 minutes ago, BryanC said:

It's the BBC.

Message ends.

I know.

It was tremendous.

I think my favourite bit is the obvious and clear cheer from the hall.

The RNLI in Ireland was off bounds to the IRA. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Just for info from their accounts:

The RNLI is a charity registered in England and Wales (209603), Scotland (SC037736), the Republic of Ireland (20003326) and the Bailiwick of Jersey (14). The address of the registered office is West Quay Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1HZ.

The Irish charity and the British charity are one and the same.

Yes. Wot I sed a number of posts ago. 👍

Possibly something of the politics board but ... today's front page 'story' in the Sun and what they have done to get it is beyond appalling. There is no public interest and it will obviously cause great harm and hurt to people. It's about, very tangentially, Ben Stokes and they have, like true heroes, waited until after the last press conference of the ECB summer before running it.

Stokes's statement in response is remarkable for how measured and calm it is.

I'd be happy lead a pitchfork wielding mob to burn down everything and everyone associated with the rag. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Possibly something of the politics board but ... today's front page 'story' in the Sun and what they have done to get it is beyond appalling. There is no public interest and it will obviously cause great harm and hurt to people. It's about, very tangentially, Ben Stokes and they have, like true heroes, waited until after the last press conference of the ECB summer before running it.

I'd be happy lead a pitchfork wielding mob to burn down everything and everyone associated with the rag. 

I've got my pitchfork, just say when. 

What they have done is utterly disgusting. 

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

1 hour ago, Padge said:

I've got my pitchfork, just say when. 

What they have done is utterly disgusting. 

I'm in. I'll provide the flaming torches as well! 

• Like 2

My Dad was an amazing guy, he worked for Gardeners, of Patricroft for 30 years, doing night shifts, because it was more money for him and his family.

That wasn’t his reason for living though. He was a major partner in the North Yorkshire Cave Rescue team, based in Camden, his life was saved by a pair of Potholers named Ronald & David, after whom I am named. I went to Lizard Point, and at the lighthouse I found the generators were made by Gardeners, & I thought, could those have been made by my Dad? Yes. It is amazing. My Dad died 23.12.1994 & I still hate/dislike him for who he was. I want my daughter to be able to tell her grandchildren how wonderful I am/was, and relate stories of my Grandparents.

What am I talking about? Talk to your children, Grandkids, tell them about your ###### life, after 2 hours they will be bored, after 20 years they will be interested.