Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Rant thread

I cannot remember how to write 1,1000,51,6 and 500 in Roman numerals.

IM LIVID

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

I got an email from a sweet and lovely person who I wanted to invest my pension fund with, reading...

I have spoked to one of our advisors and due to regulations we will need a valid form of ID in order to proceed with a meeting. This must be a valid passport or driving licence.

Two spelling mistakes shows a lack of attention, especially when most providers automatically spellcheck.

Edited by Bleep1673

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Sweet and Lovely is NOT what I writ

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Sweet and Lovely is NOT what I writ

Ah, you found one of our sweary word replacers then. 😄

• Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

26 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I got an email from a sweet and lovely person who I wanted to invest my pension fund with, reading...

I have spoked to one of our advisors and due to regulations we will need a valid form of ID in order to proceed with a meeting. This must be a valid passport or driving licence.

Two spelling mistakes shows a lack of attention, especially when most providers automatically spellcheck.

I am in the process of moving a NEST pension to a SIPP (I don’t want to wait until I have been dead for 20 years to start claiming it), the process is ridiculous. It’s almost as if the government want to keep hold of my money for as long as possible. 

25 minutes ago, ckn said:

Ah, you found one of our sweary word replacers then. 😄

Foff then my beauty

• Haha 1

I have £41k + 10 years NHS Pension to invest, where will I go, not Yorkshire, too unstable, Cuba, or Argentina?

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I have £41k + 10 years NHS Pension to invest, where will I go, not Yorkshire, too unstable, Cuba, or Argentina?

Bitcoin

trust me rodders This time next year we’ll be miwyonairres

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I've got a mate who is an African prince who is looking after my money. I could introduce you if you want.

• Thanks 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

What about the ads that keep appearing on the banner on this forum?

The one with tattooing for people with bald heads.

I think they tattoo a couple of  thousand rabbits all over your head . I understand that from a distance they look like hares.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

What about the ads that keep appearing on the banner on this forum?

The one with tattooing for people with bald heads.

I think they tattoo a couple of  thousand rabbits all over your head . I understand that from a distance they look like hares.

Or they make you look like a South Sydney fan

• Like 1

Pub lunch today and their special was pork belly with crackling.

Now, 5 years ago, I'd have chosen that without thinking, but not now.

5 years ago, we went out to one of those chain restaurants and I ordered pork belly. It turned up and the fat on top was finely diced jelly. They'd just microwaved a frozen one rather than part-microwave and then grill to crispy. Sloppy, stinking gelatinous mess, oozing down the side of the food and all over the plate. The "manager" said "that's how you do pork belly, and that's how we always do it, no-one else has complained in the year we've served it."

To this day, the thought of that jellied mess has put me off one of my favourite dishes and it winds me up every time I see it on the menu.

😡

p.s. that was the first time I really cottoned on that they microwaved the food from frozen in these places... that's another rant for another day though.

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Pub lunch today and their special was pork belly with crackling.

Now, 5 years ago, I'd have chosen that without thinking, but not now.

5 years ago, we went out to one of those chain restaurants and I ordered pork belly. It turned up and the fat on top was finely diced jelly. They'd just microwaved a frozen one rather than part-microwave and then grill to crispy. Sloppy, stinking gelatinous mess, oozing down the side of the food and all over the plate. The "manager" said "that's how you do pork belly, and that's how we always do it, no-one else has complained in the year we've served it."

To this day, the thought of that jellied mess has put me off one of my favourite dishes and it winds me up every time I see it on the menu.

😡

p.s. that was the first time I really cottoned on that they microwaved the food from frozen in these places... that's another rant for another day though.

Pub food is very variable, and a lot of them get the pre-made food deliveries from the same suppliers, like Brakes.

When I eat out, I tend to look on the menu for something that could realistically be cooked and plated in a reasonable waiting time. Anything that suggests cuts from a larger dish (kept warm under a heat lamp?), or slow-cooked food (therefore re-heated in the bag) is usually worth avoiding. Exceptions are there, of course, like the black dal at Dishoom, but that's simmered for hours and hours and just served from the pot as and when needed.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Got accepted for a credit card today, at 44.9% APR, I turned it down, I would rather do without. (No, I cannot get a cheaper deal due to my double figure Experian credit rating.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moose said:

People who when asked a question begin their answer with the word so.

Don't you mean "Sooo..."

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

32 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

When you make some food for someone and they season it before tasting it. 

I know what you mean, but there are some people who know, especially with salt, that they like it more seasoned than most people.

Mind you, not normally as much as one relative on my dad's side of the family, who used to sprinkle salt on tinned anchovies.

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I know what you mean, but there are some people who know, especially with salt, that they like it more seasoned than most people.

Mind you, not normally as much as one relative on my dad's side of the family, who used to sprinkle salt on tinned anchovies.

Might best mates are good cooks.... but hardly season anything.

Its a routine now. They serve up and i know it lacks salt or pepper.....

It hits the table and I'm straight on the salt

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Might best mates are good cooks.... but hardly season anything.

Its a routine now. They serve up and i know it lacks salt or pepper.....

It hits the table and I'm straight on the salt

According to the "nutritionists", salt is the new Satan. Or is it sugar? They seem confused most of the time. Maybe some other white particles have clouded their tiny minds.

Edited by Futtocks

29 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Just shoot on sight.... no pizzin about with .22 ammunition.....

Just go 45mm...... empty the clip..

So, what exactly do you not like about it?

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Just shoot on sight.... no pizzin about with .22 ammunition.....

Just go 45mm...... empty the clip..

So, here's the thing. I'm not sure if this is a rant or pedantry but....

.22in equates to 5.56mm, 45mm would be just under 2 inches and unlikely to come in a clip.

The calibre you are thinking of is probably .45 inches as in the Colt .45

I'll get my kevlar jacket

Edited by Shadow