James Graham. Best ever export?

nope - Kevin Ward is the best ever export

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Mal Reilly and Gary Schofield should be right near the top of the list.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Man mountain and top bloke.

But, remember he only played one season for Manly.

True but what a season - still a travesty he didn't win MOM in the Grand Final

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Graham is very highly regarded in the NRL and I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett names him as England Captain.

How many Brits have been club captains of an NRL side before Graham ? (and I mean true captain not just stood in while the actual captain was out injured)

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Graham is very highly regarded in the NRL and I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett names him as England Captain.

How many Brits have been club captains of an NRL side before Graham ? (and I mean true captain not just stood in while the actual captain was out injured)

Not sure. Mike Stephenson, Tommy Bishop did and maybe Mal Reilly? Would have thought Gaz Ellis and Adrian Morley held the post an odd time.

Dick Huddart played 5 seasons at St. George, they were minor premiers in 4 of them and won the GF in 3. Bill Ashurst was in Penrith's team of Legends.

Mal Reilly, Phil Lowe & Knocker Norton all played grand finals for Manly. Tommy Bishop was player-coach of Cronulla for several years, not sure whether they had someone else as captain.

In the recent era, as good as Graham is I'd have thought Sam Burgess would stand head and shoulders above him. Graham has won nothing and his behaviour on the field can be disgraceful at times.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

If JT had never won a Grand Final, would that mean he wouldn't be the best ever? 

Burgess is freakishly strong and powerful, but he hasn't had the same impact on the style of the game. Graham has changed the way prop forwards play (or attempt to play).

A fair point, I agree. JT was the catalyst in winning the premiership for the Cowboys last year, no doubt. As the year before Burgess for Souths. So far Graham has been in two Grand finals in which he has won nothing, not inspired his team to victory, inflicted two very serious injuries on fellow professionals in those finals, and half bitten a blokes ear off an received a hefty ban. And all that's before we start talking Vaseline etc.

In terms of changing the way prop forwards play I'd say that not only do I disagree I'd say that that statement is 100% wrong. Which players and or teams have changed their playing style to copy James Graham?

Btw. In case you were wondering, I think James Graham is a superb player. World class.

Ellery Hanley is the best I've seen but James Graham is outstanding he's worth the price of admission alone. I'd rate Graham the 3rd best player in the world just behind Thurston & Cameron Smith.

But if James Graham for example made 200m and 45 tackles, is he any less of a player just because some of his teammates weren't at his level? And mentioning him seriously injuring people? I never realised head clashes made you less of a player.

I think we're seeing increased prevalence of props who can ball-play a bit, particularly in the NRL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bchE8aNaV8o Gus Gould said to Graham "Very players in history can change the way a position is played and the way you've played your position at the Bulldogs is very unique, to the point where it's influenced the way all young front rowers are being taught to play". Gould knows a thing or two about rugby league so I'm inclined to agree with him!

Ok. Gould is a great knowledge for sure, but it's your opinion here. Your quote from Gus says 'all young front rowers', which is a lot. Just give me your top three players who play like Graham because of Graham.

'Unintentional' inflicted injuries don't make you a lesser player. Attempting to bite people's ears off in a grand final definitely does. Do you think he's the best ever UK export to the NRL?

Phil Lowe, Knocker, Hanley, Edwards, Davies, Platt, Ward, Crooks and others played for a short while only.

Do they compare with Dick Huddart, Bishop, The Burgesses and Graham's stints?

Did any of the above have the same impact or create the same impacts or plaudits as Graham?

Ellery Hanley is the best I've seen but James Graham is outstanding he's worth the price of admission alone. I'd rate Graham the 3rd best player in the world just behind Thurston & Cameron Smith.

But good as he was, Hanley only played short stints in Australia and he was asleep for part of that time, encouraged by Lamb.

Very special player though.

In the recent era, as good as Graham is I'd have thought Sam Burgess would stand head and shoulders above him. Graham has won nothing and his behaviour on the field can be disgraceful at times.

Props got to have a bit of fire in his belly though K. He's let himself down now and again but so has Sam.

IMHO Graham has thrown himself into the Lions Den of Aussie attrition and is the Last Man Standing.

I side with you but SB is a totally different player.

Archived