Leigh Game

BryanC

I hate blaming refs but I don't think he got much right all afternoon.

OK, due to his ineptitude and bias, Leigh got a massive advantage in the last fifteen minutes of a fifty minute first half, but our last two tries should have been disallowed.

Bad day at the office, we didn't get enough possession to make a difference and our tackling was nowhere near its usual high standard.

Poor game, abysmal officials.

We move on...

PS: Super League? Not even close.

it is now starting to tell we are playing against much bigger teams you cannot keep running at and tackling players that are two stone heavier we are now not getting over the gain line. we are not making 30 yards in 6 tackles and are being pushed back we need more players with size

Like against Warrington last week we were great in the first twenty minutes and then died off, is this because of bad fitness levels or something else?

Don't think that's the issue Connor, when all through the first half of the season, Oldham were the better side in the second half. 

you still do not get it do you some of these players are worn out they are playing week after week with out a break the squads to small we need at least 4 new players to give these lads a rest that's why must teams have big squads.

Oldham have given their all for one and a half seasons and now it as caught up with them you might not believe  this but they are human beings that also have to work for a living

Enjoyed the trip out today. You have found yourselves a good ground and the 'slope' wasn't as bad as some made out. Certainly nothing like the hill at Batley.

The result was more comfortable than I expected but our lads will know they have been in a game and those 2 late tries you scored shows that you never gave up and played hard for the full 80.

Think the game today was won up the middle. You struggled to make any sort of yardage in the forwards but if you could add a couple of big lads in you should have no problems staying up as you look like a classy side.

Good luck for the rest of the season, really hope you are in the Championship next year. It has been a while since we have had fellow Lancastrians in the Championship and it makes a pleasant change!

I think it was always going to be rather a big ask for us to beat Leigh but why did they get so much help off the referee?. Forward passes,high tackles etc.The ineptitude of officials seems to know no bounds.I'd be disappointed if the club wouldn't make a formal complaint to the RFL,such was the amount of poor decisions he made.I was talking to a Leigh fan and he thought we were hard done by in parts of the game. I could also see Naylor was going mad with the referee.

I agree that we may have been beaten anyway but the officiating in the game is poor considering they're trained to be officials. As I mentioned in my previous post,some of the Leigh fans weren't exactly complimentary towards the officials and the game was going there way.The ref today was ######.

All refs make mistakes and today was no exception. However, Leigh were bigger and stronger in the forwards and we couldn't cope once the substitutions started. 4 decent props in the 17 is a must.

Attacking wise we lacked a bit of creativity. Coaches see players more than us and know who is carrying knocks etc. but my personal opinion is that Grimshaw should be in the halves with Owen at hooker. 

Anyway, lets put it behind us and support the lads at Halifax.

Can anyone tell me the last time a Oldham player broke a tackle. we are not big or quick enough the lads do they best every week If we carry on the way we are playing we will be in Championship 1 next season.

Come on can we make a different excuse because it's the referee every week and also Bryan how was we the better team when we got battered?

Wispa, you've obviously misread what I posted.

In the FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON, we were the better side in the second half of the match. It goes without saying that this applies to neither the Warrington nor Leigh games. 

glad some of you is seeing the light even ch was saying we play above our weight.

roper is to slow he does not pass the ball he lobs it when he throws a pass the other team gets to us before the ball does they are not offside

I don't think our future in the Championship will be based on playing Leigh. It's got to be winning against teams around us in the league. Their budget allows them a big squad with some big name players, ours allows a basic squad topped up with a few lads from Huddersfield. I think Scott and his backroom guys are managing things well. We have a few lads coming back from injury which will help with squad rotation a bit. And pick up a few more win we should be safe from relegation. 

I hate blaming refs but I don't think he got much right all afternoon.

I hate blaming refs too.

Grimshaw scored a try slap down middle under the posts.

Roper placed the ball down to kick the conversion.

The Ref pedantically  insisted he place the ball six inches further to the left.

Hopefully, the referees assessor may have noticed?

I don't think our future in the Championship will be based on playing Leigh. It's got to be winning against teams around us in the league. Their budget allows them a big squad with some big name players, ours allows a basic squad topped up with a few lads from Huddersfield. I think Scott and his backroom guys are managing things well. We have a few lads coming back from injury which will help with squad rotation a bit. And pick up a few more win we should be safe from relegation.

That's right Tosh. Got to beat Workington, Whitehaven and swinton at home and swinton at Blackpool. Those are the 4 must wins.At the same time,any losses must be to narrow scores. We've got to keep the points difference down. We've got to try and get a big margin between us and the bottom two ready for the bottom 8's.

It's been the same all season. Nothing will happen to any referee who makes the mistakes that are repeatedly being made that could send us back down. As Alex Murphy once said we can moan as much as we want the result will be the chip paper tomorrow.

i dont know...hasnt Joe Cobb been demoted from reffing superleague games down to one of the lower leagues, after complaints from 2 superlague teams for poor reffing?

Your playing with two recognised props when they are knackered that's it no one with any size to replace them Leigh,s pack is huge like Warrington men like Hanson to come off the bench just doesn't give you much chance when your coming off games like Feth and Hull.I also thought Grimmer would have been at six but Scott must think he's doing a job for him at centre and he picks the team.

chappy

I've said all season we aren't big enough and nasty enough, Ashton has been a huge loss and always felt we need at least one more bruiser of a prop. Realistically the leigh game was never down as a win in the build up, hope we put a performance on at fax and make sure we win in Blackpool before we end up adrift with bottom 3

Archived