Summer bash

Connor mcb

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not an Oldham basher, ( I have massive respect for the club and their fans.)But if my team had blown a 20pt,half time lead, I would be embarrassed and not looking to blame officialdom SORRY.

I agree we should never have given that lead away but what you don't probably know is that this same referee has cost us previously and this added insult to injury! 

Yes!!! I'm not a Turley fan either and to be honest, I can't remember Swinton winning in a game,which he's reffed us! SUCH IS LIFE !!!!!!!

Erm......what about yesterday!

Couldn't make the game but just watched it on Sky. Swinton definitely had the rub of the green with all the officials yesterday especially in relation to the conversion that never was but Oldham should have scored more points, with Palfrey and Wardy held up with unbelievable Swinton defence. Palfs will be kicking himself as he should have gone low, can only think he didn't realise a Swinton defender was anywhere near him.

I think you can cancel the 2 dubious tries out (Files try and the Swinton try where Barlow clearly took out an Oldham player, which most of the commentators couldn't believe was given). The other decisions which the Sky commentators were baffled by was the Swinton knock on and Palfreys 40/20 which was overturned by the video ref. All said and done, we lost.......just have to beat Batley next week now to make up for it!

Erm......what about yesterday!

Couldn't make the game but just watched it on Sky. Swinton definitely had the rub of the green with all the officials yesterday especially in relation to the conversion that never was but Oldham should have scored more points, with Palfrey and Wardy held up with unbelievable Swinton defence. Palfs will be kicking himself as he should have gone low, can only think he didn't realise a Swinton defender was anywhere near him.

I think you can cancel the 2 dubious tries out (Files try and the Swinton try where Barlow clearly took out an Oldham player, which most of the commentators couldn't believe was given). The other decisions which the Sky commentators were baffled by was the Swinton knock on and Palfreys 40/20 which was overturned by the video ref. All said and done, we lost.......just have to beat Batley next week now to make up for it! I've taken a day and half to read both the threads on here and those on our forum. With respect and in fairness a number of your fans accept that sometimes Ref decisions go for you sometimes not. Fair to say in my opinion being diagonally behind your kicker the ball did indeed drift wide, temper this by did your player clearly ground the ball... Who knows. Fact remains at 20-0 your team shouldn't have lost that game, you did and you have to credit Swinton with great tenacity in forcing the result. Good luck going forward as I firmly believe the two "Lancashire clubs" need to remain in the Championship.

Well said marshy1.We shouldn't have surrendered our 20 point lead,that was pathetic. And yes the officials were bobbins. But I've been saying for ages that the standard of officiating leaves a lot to be desired. I do hope we are in the same division next term as we have some great tussles as of late.

rugby league is a game of 2 halfs of 40 minutes we had the best of the first half and swinton the second. there where lots of comebacks in games this weekend at all levels we took a battering in the second half picked ourselves up and scored the last try kicked the conversiotn not given.

I agree with every thing marshy says re. my blog {disgrace} as terry oconnor said Oldham are not getting he rub of the green the only good ref.i have seen this season was at the Dewsbury game.

so keep supporting the team stronger than ever and if you want rid of ch please tell me what the plan {b} is.

rugby league is a game of 2 halfs of 40 minutes we had the best of the first half and swinton the second. there where lots of comebacks in games this weekend at all levels we took a battering in the second half picked ourselves up and scored the last try kicked the conversiotn not given.

I agree with every thing marshy says re. my blog {disgrace} as terry oconnor said Oldham are not getting he rub of the green the only good ref.i have seen this season was at the Dewsbury game.

so keep supporting the team stronger than ever and if you want rid of ch please tell me what the plan {b} is.

our forwards ran the show in the first half and their backs ran the show in the second half.

Swinton did not look like scoring until they scored their try after Palfreys penalty not finding touch.

That set them on a roll.

Their half backs totally dominated the second half.

In regard to the conversation it looked to be over but the problem is that the touch judges today dont stand in the right position. They should be on the dead ball line lining up the ball with the post to have the best view. not stood at the side of the post.

The referee cannot overrule both the touch judges.

The officials did not lose us the game we lost it ourselves.  Swinton should never have got back in the game from 20 points down. 

They changed their tactics to plan B. We had no plan B

our forwards ran the show in the first half and their backs ran the show in the second half.

Swinton did not look like scoring until they scored their try after Palfreys penalty not finding touch.

That set them on a roll.

Their half backs totally dominated the second half.

In regard to the conversation it looked to be over but the problem is that the touch judges today dont stand in the right position. They should be on the dead ball line lining up the ball with the post to have the best view. not stood at the side of the post.

The referee cannot overrule both the touch judges.

The officials did not lose us the game we lost it ourselves.  Swinton should never have got back in the game from 20 points down. 

They changed their tactics to plan B. We had no plan B

I agree with all but the last bit. We moved away from plan A and threw away the game. 

Any so called negativity of mine, which I believe is realism, is not related to the team in any way but to the overall running of the club and the direction it's going in. I have chosen not to financially support Hamilton's club over the past 2 seasons and will continue to do so as long as he is still in charge. Maybe cutting off my nose to spite my face, but that's my choice and I'm not alone in doing this. And, to those who believe the propaganda that no one else is there to take over if CH were to leave, how about Rugby Oldham? I'm sure they couldn't possibly do a worse job than at present if called upon.

Agreed 34.The point that we lost after such a fantastic start.I don't know what the hell is going on but they had better sort it and quick. I've never felt extreme optimism and extreme disappointment in such a short period of time before Sunday. I couldn't care less what they play in,they could wear their pygamas if they played better in them as far as I'm concerned.

Tandle, I find it hilarious that you don't ask the people running the club for their plan. You don't expect them to have either a business development plan or a rugby development plan or a community engagement plan?

I asked them. Never got an answer. Got some guff about confidentiality and 'I'll be able to tell you soon'.

That was over a year ago. Never heard from them since. Neither has Rugby Oldham or any of the fans that they agreed, on the record, to engage with.

So after 19 years of work and more than a year after being promised we'd hear it, the club has never shared it's plan, if it even has one. But yeah.... we're the problem.

If you read old threads you'd see our plan. Our idea and hope, shared and shaped by others, was for supporters to own the majority of the club through a Supporters Trust - Rugby Oldham. For funds to be raised by membership schemes, funding grants that are open to such trusts and via social marketing activities, partnerships and new sponsorship deals. And, initially, to retain CH in a role at the club to protect and transfer relationships and knowledge....and to acknowledge his commitment to the club.

A model that works successfully at several other clubs.

A scheme that in principle at least, and again on the record, 'the club' agreed to.

None of this is new info by the way....just conveniently forgotten by everyone once promotion became possible. People like short term happiness it seems. They choose it over long term sustainability. In the end you get the club you deserve.

Both of our teams have been a credit to the Championship this season, especially given that the other 10 clubs probably thought we'd both be cannon-fodder. There's clearly a tremendous team spirit at both Oldham & Swinton. It would be tremendous if both clubs not only survived but fully consolidated themselves at this level (which is certainly our plan). But the fact is that it's really tough and there are no bad teams in the championship, and I include the Cumbrian clubs in that. So stick behind your team, they're giving it everything. Best of luck for the rest of the season (apart from against the Lions of course).

Anything that CH does is reactive,never proactive.If we can stay up ,something I pray, for we are guaranteed close season shenanigans.If we go down well we all know the palaver that will be.Tubey, myself ,RO Clifford and others sought another way to get the punters involved and yet have CH involved.It could yet end up we have to do something along the lines Tubey has stated so best not to scoff sports fans.

I for one is not scoffing at tubey re, my blog about 400 supporters putting £200 each into a private account to be run by trustees who can make monies available to Oldham rlfc, how many lets say members of rugby Oldham are there lets say 100 they all then put in to a account in rugby oldhams name of £1000 I will gladly put this amount in.

I also would want tubey to be a trustee along with 4 more supporters which would give a casting vote ch as said on bbc tv that he is looking for investers this monies would only be released on the right terms I am sure then he would have to be upfront and open with the trustees if he did not want this arrangement at least you will know where you stand and then return the monies to the people who have paid in.

IMHO I don't believe CH will ever relinquish control of the club. He's the owner sad as that may be to most of us. Regarding investment and as he regularly states that he'd welcome it, I personally know of individuals, who have offered to invest and been met with total intransigence on this matter. I personally think the club would go bang before the owner would part with HIS club. For now I'll just make do with cheering the lads on and hope one day I'm proved wrong and we end up with a community club.

I find it quite funny that whilst the playing side was going well the Anti CH brigade have been relatively quiet. Now we have a really bad defeat it all seems to be his fault! But no plaudits when it went well. As long as he wants to carry on and no one tempts him to give it up. Lets keep getting behind the team. If there are some big financial backers out there, let them show their hand, if it's a fans buy out, someone get on with it! I am sure Nobby and the team would love more financial support.  But the team deserve our support and hopefully together we can stay in this division and continue to enjoy what i have certainly enjoyed this season. 

Ok lets put it another way, Chris owns the club and as we know the "debt" the club has (in the majority) is in the form of directors loans owed to him by Oldham Rlfc 1997 ltd. So whatever that amount is would surely have to be paid back before CH would even consider removing himself from office. If the debt is say 250,000 for the sake of argument, that means to have a viable "new owner" the investment would need to be at least 500,000 to clear the debt and have some brass in the club. There is no way that he will walk away losing money he has invested over the years, my question is even as a "supporters" trust,RO, whoever it may be,are people prepared to invest that kind of money (possibly more) in the club to remove CH from office. All the talk of RO etc trying to invest is a waste of time at present as you would get 20% or whatever of Oldham RLFC 1997, which would still owe CH his money loaned to said company. Not the wisest investment I wouldnt think. My point is ultimately until someone or some group come up with the huge amount needed to clear the books and not just a few bob to gain 20% of a debt ridden company nothing will change,its just hot air and ideas. Also CH would have to accept any payoff/investment and if the man from Whitebank says no,thats the end of that until the club/company go bang. Problem is then we drop back into the lower tier again,play at Whitebank,and all that is subject to the Rugby League sanctioning another "new club" in Oldham. The only way to remove/reduce CH involvement is to buy him out full stop not go the way of gaining a small percentage of a company that isnt viable. Until somebody comes up with the money I reckon you are wasting your time throwing out these schemes. At the end of the day, CH can say yay or nay and there is nothing anyone can do. Oh well,onwards to Batley we go. Up the Yeds!

Archived