Summer bash

Connor mcb

to my knowledge not one of these alleged big backers as come on to this website and said they will put money in the club my previous blog was just a suggestion iam open to better ideas seems when you mention money it all goes quiet.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea of a trustee fund is good Tandle, like I say the issue is no one can force CH into accepting any help etc. I can't see him going cap in hand to the "trustees" of a scheme unfortunately. Personally I like your idea a lot,I truly hope something like that could come off and be accepted.

The first meeting was excellent, the media statement failed, in my opinion the excellent job tubey did myself I was there to try and get the juniors back to the club.

I have learnt that following an oldham training session a kids rugby team asked if one or two players would give a talk to the under 8s, all in all 5 mins of the lads time they were told no a formal request would have to go through Chris.

Maybe these children will make pros maybe not but by ignoring them not a very good pr exercise.

I wanted to introduce kids for a quid if accompanied by an adult. As my dad use to say the future is the kids.

When I was 11 I was lucky enough to spend an hour with Bob Morrell and Alex Alexander this inspired me. That's what I want the kids to feel like with the present pros

hi r34 I agree you will never not rid of ch supporters are trying to get involved but are offering nothing solid in return. dangle a financial carrot you might get a good response try it go to ch with my suggestion the club needs money.

Some people don't get it, do they? My complaints about Sunday are nothing to do with the team's performance in Blackpool, disappointing though the result clearly was. I've followed Oldham for over 50 years, so you learn to live with disappointments. My beef is with the image the club is projecting, when we can't even put out a team with the right shirt numbers on. To say it doesn't look good is a massive understatement.

On another topic, R34 talks about the money CH has put into the club and how much he is owed. How does anyone other than CH know anything of the financial details of the club? No one else has ever been allowed to see the books. Or is this one of CH's statements that people are prepared to believe, cos it shows him in a good light, whereas his unfulfilled promises from the meetings last year do not. Also, in my opinion, when CH talks about outside investment, his idea of investment isn't what the rest of the world understands. I believe that investment, as far as he is concerned, is a big bag of money left on the pitch at Bower Fold, Whitebank or anywhere else we may pitch up at!

Nobody does know how much he has put in or is owed, I never said I did either, the figures I used were just a number conjured up for illustrative purposes. I think you will find in one of the statements from the chaps who went to see CH that he confirmed the majority of debts were owed to him in the form of directors loans,but the numbers I'm pretty sure were not mentioned. So its a statement that the company which holds the club owes CH money, simple as that not a good/bad light thing, that part is FACT. Your quite right that no one except CH knows how much.

Yeah. Your ideas are all new. We'd never thought of any of that stuff. We didn't think about the supposed directors loan. We didn't consult the supporters trust. We didn't think about governance or incentives for CH to relinquish elements of his debt. We didn't get any assurances from CH that he was open to shared ownership with a supporters trust.

Several of us didn't offer to put a few grand in each and we didn't offer to use our professional skills, expertise and contacts to help.....provided a Supporters Trust had control of the club

Oh wait....yeah we totally did.

Here's the bottom line, everything your thinking or suggesting won't matter. CH wants a big bag of cash from someone BUT to retain control of the club....money for nothing.

So unless you are willing to give a big bag of cash, no strings attached, to someone with a track record of managing financial decline.....you are wasting your time.

I can state with absolute certainty that I will NEVER have any further financial, administrative, governance or advisory involvement with ORLFC 1997.

When that club folds or is given to a supporters Trust, give me a call.

Bit touchy arnt we? No one has suggested you didnt think of ideas etc. The fact is your suggestions to the club failed,nobody as far as I am aware has denigrated your efforts and many have thanked you for them. The bottom line is the same, until the company running the club goes bang nothing will change. I'm sorry you didn't become the saviours of Oldham Rugby,and I completely agree that the way the club is run is shocking.When I said the amount isn't known it was because not everyone can be bothered to look up the accounts from Company House, me included.

I find it rather strange tubey to say my suggestion now  is hold hat I first made this suggestion a month ago why did you not reply then. you still have not answered my question who the several supporters run clubs are who you say are a success.

34 is right.CH or bust.If bust occurrs hopefully it can be resurrected.As it stands I enjoy going to BF.I can guarantee 100% attendance.That along with several away matches.If we stay up,consolidate and move on good luck to CH .Hope he can make a few Bob.However if we are talking Limeside again something will give.

While your idea or similar ones have been touted before it is still in principle a good idea. I just doubt that it will fly. Doesn't mean that should put you off though.

There are varying degrees of success among supporter run/part owned clubs, depending on whether you judge success as:

On field success

Financial viability

Supporter involvement

I would suggest that you speak to Supporters Direct or Rugby Oldham who may be able to give a full run down of supporter trust clubs and their relative success.

tubey your are a true roughyed but the fact is like it or not you are not going to rid yourself of ch I fully understand your frustrations listening to you you must have tried hard. they only way to get through to ch is with money but you keep control of the money.

if he does not accept it the answer is to stay away and let it go bust and hope we can reform

Seems that the way this thread has gone, some of the 'stay-aways', watched the Blackpool Bash matches and realised what they're actually missing by staying away. ;)  

Incidentally, talking of money, when Derek Beaumont was speaking on Radio Manchester last week, he said he puts into the Leigh club £50,000 per month of his own money. That, of course, is on top of the money that Leigh get as their Championship allocation of £1.4 million, which is about 10 times what Oldham receives as their share. A bit of perspective on the financial aspect, I think.    

Anyway, on with looking forward to the rest of the season, as far as I'm concerned. :biggrin:

At risk of prolonging the finance debate,(feel free to move this post-mod) I just had a quick scout at the true position of the Clubs/companies finances. To be honest the figures that are showing from companies house have shocked me and I don't mind admitting it. The liabilities are over £400,000 and that was in 2014! This is why we won't move on now probably until the club/company goes bang. I thought it was bad but not this bad. No investor/supporters group would touch this surely, you would need more than a million to clear the debts and give a substantial pot to keep going. Wish I hadn't looked now lol.

post-19050-0-10940300-1464820768_thumb.png

Last word from me. The liabilities increased by more than 60% from 11 - 14. The true picture today, who knows?

I hope tandle's scheme or another can help. But it seems that the liability level is now beyond that which could be absorbed by a supporters Trust...an option which the club clearly doesn't want to work with anyway.

Sugar daddy required. One who's not too bright.

Logic, I started commenting again as I was mentioned in a thread. Happy to disappear again. Enjoy the season folks.

Reverting back to the thread title, although the result was very disappointing, the whole experience of being a roughyed's fan at the Summer Bash was absolutely spectacular. This is what being in the Championship is all about, big games, decent attendances and days out like Sunday. Hopefully we'll have a few more trips to Blackpool over the forthcoming years. Up the yeds!

Had a fantastic time at the summer bash with great company, got to meet up with some old friends who i had not seen in many years, it is never good to lose but we did nothing we can do now,no point keep dwelling on the past we have to move on and start picking points up, onwards and upwards c'mon the yeds we can do this.

Archived