Summer bash

Connor mcb

The officials didn't have a good day but we were 20 nil up at half time for God's sake.I hate to say it but we should have won that game.It came across as a partial capitulation to me,which hurts to say that as I love my club.And yes Palfreys conversion did go over.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasnt at the game. But it's always a game of two halves. So saying we capitulated in the second half is dumb. They capitulated in the first half then. The bottom line is in the 21st century on live TV, there should be no question of whether a conversion goes over. Regardless of how either team played in the second half, the fact is that Oldham scored more points over the 80 minutes than Swinton did.

The officials just decided not to count some of the points Oldham scored. Those officials should be stood down for the rest of the season.

it seems to me that the officials in general are having a really bad time of it across the board, i wonder if there is a trigger/reason for this? There just seems to be loads of controversial decisions week in week out in all the leagues.

I know we have had ref assessors a few times at the fold, monitoring the refs, but I wonder does there need to be one at every game of rugby league from super league down (not probable for obvious reasons, i know) but I wonder what is done with the info thats collected?

How does a ref get reprimanded/sorted out? is he demoted to referee games in a lower league? Sent back to referee school? Sacked? or are they just given a stern word and told not to do it again? or even just ignored?

one things for sure, something needs to be done before the reputation of the game spirals out of control.......I know its a running joke thats been around for many years, that theres alleged favouritism/fixing/corruption, and that its always bandied about over a few sherberts at the end of many a game, and on message boards when passions run high, but thats just over the fence idle chit chat, within the fans of the game....we dont ever want to be going down the route of Mr Blatter and his friends, whereby it is splashed over every available inch of the internet.....

whatever the reason for the seemingly lax officialling......bad teaching, not listening in 'school', stress, overwork, myopia, apathy, burnout, depression.....the dog ate my spectacles ........socks need to be pulled up, fingers need to be pulled out and heads need to be given a bloody good wobble.

Don't you think we'd think it didn't and that would be controversial?

Jesus this isn't a hard theory to grasp

If your theory is not that hard to grasp, why are you struggling with the theory that the ref cost us the game?

it seems to me that the officials in general are having a really bad time of it across the board, i wonder if there is a trigger/reason for this? There just seems to be loads of controversial decisions week in week out in all the leagues.

I know we have had ref assessors a few times at the fold, monitoring the refs, but I wonder does there need to be one at every game of rugby league from super league down (not probable for obvious reasons, i know) but I wonder what is done with the info thats collected?

How does a ref get reprimanded/sorted out? is he demoted to referee games in a lower league? Sent back to referee school? Sacked? or are they just given a stern word and told not to do it again? or even just ignored?

whatever the reason for the seemingly lax officialling......bad teaching, not listening in 'school', stress, overwork, myopia, apathy, burnout, depression.....the dog ate my spectacles ........socks need to be pulled up, fingers need to be pulled out and heads need to be given a bloody good wobble.

Simply, there are not enough refs.  Thats from the bottom leagues up.  That means people get promoted quickly, when a season or 2 at a lower level could be beneficial.  That's in general and not in relation to yesterdays game. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I no I am harping on the tmo overruled the 20-40 after the ref had given it.

why did he not overrule the linesmen for the conversion

So it's ok for the tmo to overrule the ref when it's a ball grounding decision but not for a 40-20?

And to say that he can for a conversion is ludicrous. Peoples views change from all angles and the only people who know for sure are the touch judges who position themselves under the sticks.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

I wasnt at the game. But it's always a game of two halves. So saying we capitulated in the second half is dumb. They capitulated in the first half then. The bottom line is in the 21st century on live TV, there should be no question of whether a conversion goes over. Regardless of how either team played in the second half, the fact is that Oldham scored more points over the 80 minutes than Swinton did.

The officials just decided not to count some of the points Oldham scored. Those officials should be stood down for the rest of the season.

"The fact is that Oldham scored more points than Swinton did"?

I'm afraid they didn't.

As some of your fans have already said the reason for your loss is that you didn't stick to your game plan and we thankfully changed ours. If your kick had been given you would have scored 2 more points. If one of ours had been given so would we. If we hadn't taken a drop goal and scored a try under the sticks instead we'd have beaten you by 3 or maybe 5 points.

Ifs, buts and maybes don't win games I'm afraid!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

So it's ok for the tmo to overrule the ref when it's a ball grounding decision but not for a 40-20?

And to say that he can for a conversion is ludicrous. Peoples views change from all angles and the only people who know for sure are the touch judges who position themselves under the sticks.

At last, a bit of fact....who can be sure except those in the ideal position?

Nobody knows the exact trajectory of the ball but the two in the best position both signalled what they felt correctly, at the same time.

As well as yesterday's defeat, caused by several factors, poor second half attitude, Palfrey not passing to support when he was held up, missed touch finder and Wardy not making more of an attempt to touch down, instead of trying to con the ref (it was on TV for goodness sake), one thing showed up this club for the shambles that it is. Tom Spencer was forced to wear Jon Ford's number 3 shirt, and, if my eyes didn't deceive me, we seemed to have 2 players with the number 14 shirt. Good job the ref didn't discipline or put on report our no 14. What sort of a club have we got that can't get the basics right and on TV as well? An amateur club would be ashamed to show themselves up like this. Then again, should anyone be surprised at another example of the ongoing Hamilton pantomime?

I get the impression some so called 'fans' can't wait for us to lose a game. I am absolutely sick of the negativity you seem to revel in. And before you start with the 'I'm entitled to my opinion' well guess what - so am I!! Now try getting behind the team when they need it the most! Nobody said this season would be easy.

A lot has been said of the,'was it, was it not a conversion, which robbed Oldham of 2pts.My concern was the try awarded on half-time.The ref was 2yards away and gave no-try.Without conclusive proof, the video ref awarded a try.So in my opinion Oldham were wrongly gifted 6pts.But that for me was the turning point, Oldham thought they had the game wrapped up by half time,sadly they were WRONG!!!!!!

Im neutral (Hunslet ) and watched it on TV, the kick would have hit the post it was a foot directly over the top bang in line with the top of the post.Wheather it would have ricoshed over for a goal or bounced back out id say it would be 50/50.Thats my take on it.

Archived