RUGBY OLDHAM NEWSLETTER

roughyed8

It wasn't a total waste of time.The merchandise selling is better after a shaky start.Twitter is working better and the website is showing some improvement. So from where we were last year there have been some small steps.Add in Dave Naylor's stuff and the fact of promotion and playing at a decent ground means just right now I am happy to go week in week out.

However I know in my mind had we not bent CHs ears about the above it would still be shirts from the burger van etc.By now match vids should be embedded on the website and viewable by subscription.

Finally,however the big one.We learned a fundamental truth.CH will only run it his own way.If we can stay up fine but if we have to trudge back to Limeside and it becomes necessary for a supporter trust to work with CH tbh it would not be possible. Also even if we stay up brace yourselves.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the 'gloom and doom' posted on here, will take away the pleasure I've had this season, supporting Oldham RLFC as I've done for 60 plus years. Bower Fold is the ideal venue, unfortunately out of town, but where the atmosphere that can be created could never be emulated at Boundary Park. Those who choose not to attend, are the ones who are missing out on that pleasure but in my book, life is too short for all that. 

Anyway, I shall continue to help my club move forward in the best way I can, in both financial and practical ways, as I've done for years, without making a 'song and dance' about it. That goes for many others too. 

I often wonder though, what could be achieved if all the 'rugby' folk in the town did actually get behind the club, but no doubt I'll be wondering about that for a long time.

Oh well!   

I support the club,me and my son are season ticket holders and I admit we don't hardly go to away games(more of a financial reason than any).For the people who watch home and away I applaud you, I'm sure the boys appreciate it.For those who no longer attend you obviously have your reasons.Everybody has their views.But a bit more positivity wouldn't go a Miss.

for his part...CH does what he does, the way he does it, the way he chooses.....its his club, he put his money in to buy it...and as 34 says, there probably aint a lot left to buy himself a pie from the pie shack once everyones been paid.

But when all said and done...its the lads that go out on the field and play week in week out...like him or loathe him, its not as if CH dons a pair of shorts and runs out..... (thank the lord for small mercies, i dont think my eyes are ready for that!!)

so thats who I shout for....the ones who don the shirt and play with pride and passion, and put blood, sweat and im sure, tears into each match.

Debatable about how much money if any he as put into the club.

No other club in Rugby League and probably in any other professional sport is run on this model.

Pro rugby survives in Oldham despite him not because of him. Pro rugby in Oldham is punching below its weight because of him.

Agreed Clifford, we all love our club.Even if we have differing opinions. But hey that's our right and that's the beauty of Total RL forums.Try going on the cross code forum,it can get very tetchy on there sometimes. It contains some of the most passionate rugby league folk I've come across.

Can fully understand both sides in this argument. Im in the camp that chooses to go and support the LADS, that over the past few seasons have put some pride back into the club......on the pitch. Totally dislike the way the club is run OFF the pitch and would love to see a change in ownership.

I know of people that were prepared to invest in the club but were met with total intransigence from CH. The statements that have been made that new investment would be welcome appear to be nothing but bull. As has been said previously I support the team, not the regime and yes it wrankles with my conscience putting money into CH's coffers but that's the choice I have to make to cheer those lads on.....yet I'm also saddened by the fact that others decide they won't support the owner of the club to the detriment of the team, yet on the other hand i fully understand their stance on not supporting CH.

Anyway now I've got that off my Chest looking forward to Blackpool and would love to see some of the people that can't support the owner of the club buy tickets via the RFL. That way you're not giving your brass to CH and you have a rare opportunity to cheer the lads on that wear OUR shirt with 100% pride and passion week in,week out

All the information needed to make a damning judgement on the clubs current owner is in that statement. For me there's a clear indication that Latics would be amenable to a return to BP but it appears to suggest that Hamilton hasn't even approached them personally.
He's trawling around the non league clubs to get ever cheaper deals, whilst the fan base is forever decreasing through despair and irritation at his refusal to communicate with RO and fans.
I liken the current situation to the one at Blackpool FC for the simple reason that both clubs have owners that are extremely unpopular with the fans and appear to be doing nothing to further those clubs prospects (in the case of Blackpool, the Oystons seem to be actively engaged in ruining the club)
That's why, for me, and I know I put it somewhat harshly, we need to actively discourage people from supporting the current club.I know that people will say that they go to support the lads, and I fully understand that, but the fact remains that if you pay to go through the turnstiles at present you are delaying the club from ever returning to play in Oldham and furthering the interests of an owner who appears to treat RO, potential investors and you the supporters with nothing but contempt.
The whole club needs a fresh start and new ownership.

whilst the fan base is forever decreasing through despair and irritation at his refusal to communicate with RO and fans.

That's why, for me, and I know I put it somewhat harshly, we need to actively discourage people from supporting the current club.

Ok fan base decreasing? There is an increase in attendances at Bower Fold compared to Whitebank, some people have actually given the team a chance and are now re-engaged and enjoying watching Oldham RLFC again ,ok some have not and that's their choice as said ad nauseum.

"we need to actively discourage people from supporting the club"  Who exactly are the "we" in this statement? Its certainly not the people who do attend so could you clarify who the "we" are?

How is going to the matches delaying the return to Oldham exactly and how is it furthering the interests of the Chairman?

Like it or not, Stalybridge is home for the season and I hope it remains so until a viable ground is available in Oldham, even if that takes 3 years or so. You will find that CH did speak to Latics but they wanted £5000 a game for us to play there, we cant afford that (we only get £150000 in Central funding), after paying the rent at BP that would have left us with £80000 which would be almost the same as Champ 1 funding,so he did the right thing by going to Stalybridge and a ground almost perfect for RL so we could run a competitive side in the Champ.

The inevitable is we get relegated or fold?? Wow, for a "supporter" who has the club at heart allegedly, that's great, we know you have issues with CH but whatever your thoughts you can not deny that we have progressed on the playing field, its brilliant to see us mixing it with the Championship sides instead of traipsing round the country to the outposts (no disrespect to the Champ 1 sides).

I love the I hope Oldham fail (so we can do better) mentality, if we do fail there are no guarantees the RFL would readmit us to the league anyway.

Chairmen have come and gone over my 39 years of supporting Oldham but my support for the team has never wavered, the name of ORLFC and the players who represent us mean far more to me than any club official,and will always do no matter how bad the administration is, CH doesn't cross my mind while I'm at a game, I just give my 100% support to the lads in red and white representing me,my club and my town of which I am proud.

Onwards to Blackpool we go to enjoy watching our team in action, Up the Yeds!

I feel sorry for big red missing all the fun the last few seasons have given us I tried missing a game recently then feeling so frustrated as we scored again and again at craven park.on to Blackpool at weekend for more fun and fish and chips I do big red enjoys antiques roadshow instead

Ok fan base decreasing? There is an increase in attendances at Bower Fold compared to Whitebank, some people have actually given the team a chance and are now re-engaged and enjoying watching Oldham RLFC again ,ok some have not and that's their choice as said ad nauseum.

"we need to actively discourage people from supporting the club" Who exactly are the "we" in this statement? Its certainly not the people who do attend so could you clarify who the "we" are?

How is going to the matches delaying the return to Oldham exactly and how is it furthering the interests of the Chairman?

Like it or not, Stalybridge is home for the season and I hope it remains so until a viable ground is available in Oldham, even if that takes 3 years or so. You will find that CH did speak to Latics but they wanted £5000 a game for us to play there, we cant afford that (we only get £150000 in Central funding), after paying the rent at BP that would have left us with £80000 which would be almost the same as Champ 1 funding,so he did the right thing by going to Stalybridge and a ground almost perfect for RL so we could run a competitive side in the Champ.

The inevitable is we get relegated or fold?? Wow, for a "supporter" who has the club at heart allegedly, that's great, we know you have issues with CH but whatever your thoughts you can not deny that we have progressed on the playing field, its brilliant to see us mixing it with the Championship sides instead of traipsing round the country to the outposts (no disrespect to the Champ 1 sides).

I love the I hope Oldham fail (so we can do better) mentality, if we do fail there are no guarantees the RFL would readmit us to the league anyway.

Chairmen have come and gone over my 39 years of supporting Oldham but my support for the team has never wavered, the name of ORLFC and the players who represent us mean far more to me than any club official,and will always do no matter how bad the administration is, CH doesn't cross my mind while I'm at a game, I just give my 100% support to the lads in red and white representing me,my club and my town of which I am proud.

Onwards to Blackpool we go to enjoy watching our team in action, Up the Yeds!

Excellent post pal

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

I have a idea lets say 400 supporters put £200 each into a private account which would amount to £80000 this account would be run by 4 trustees.

this money could then be released to Oldham rlfc i.e signing of good players rent under the right terms and conditions.

before the releasing of any monies ch would have to prove to the trustees  what it was for ch says he wants investment here it is

so to all supporters who want investment here is your chance if you cannot afford £200 belt up,

and to roughyed 34 brilliant blog.

This is where the figure came from, its from a post way back from Geoff Cooke of RO.

11 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

It is 10 years since FC United were created and in that time they have gone from being a nomadic club to one with its own fantastic home. During that time the club paid £5000 per game to use Gigg Lane, Bury (incidentally the figure Oldham Athletic would have wanted to let ORLFC use SportsDirect.comPark)

When you say you would put money in do you mean thousands or just paying the £15 a fortnight to watch the team? Just curious

Archived