Super league split?

STU WILLY

In a word "YES".

Oh how the mighty are falling.

We are better off with Championship Rugby.

Cheers Roger (Batley fan).

They (RFL) could do with being replaced by REAL rugby league people, not unprincipled Sky TV 'yes men'.

The 'Aussiefication' of our game in recent times has ruined much of OUR (our game, yes we, the Brits 'invented' the game, not those clowns 'down under') game. Let the heads roll, the sooner, the better.

:yahoo: 

Keith was you attacked by an Australian at some stage or maybe something worse?

Why are you constantly attacking them at every opportunity? It isn't their fault we have a dodgy set of officials running the RFL. They don't dictate the way we play it's the coaches over here trying to emulate how they work (or so you say) including the English coaches.

Yes Murdock is an Aussie but I bet he doesn't give a rats ###### where a stand off positions himself at a scrum. If the RFL had more balls then they would dictate when we play games and at what time. You don't have sky anyway do you? so what's your beef as you don't even watch Super League?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

He was forced to watch the Sullivan's on daytime TV. It certainly put me off ever going. G'day Cobber.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

Keith was you attacked by an Australian at some stage or maybe something worse?

Why are you constantly attacking them at every opportunity? It isn't their fault we have a dodgy set of officials running the RFL. They don't dictate the way we play it's the coaches over here trying to emulate how they work (or so you say) including the English coaches.

Yes Murdock is an Aussie but I bet he doesn't give a rats ###### where a stand off positions himself at a scrum. If the RFL had more balls then they would dictate when we play games and at what time. You don't have sky anyway do you? so what's your beef as you don't even watch Super League?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Aussies in general, just their style of play which has been imported here by fools who think they've done the right thing. I've been down under a few years back and found them to be very like us which is not really surprising as the country is still largely Anglo-Celtic in its culture. Totally agree with you about the worse-than-useless RFL (and there are plenty more too) who are nowt but a bunch of lackeys and 'yes men'. It's the annoying way we have almost completely adopted their culture and terminology which really pees me off, e.g., 'Grand Final', players' heights/weights in metric, five eighths, half backs, lock forwards, field goals etc, almost totally undermining OUR culture, a country which has so much to the rest of the world including both codes of the English game of rugby.

The problem is Keith that it is the English owners of the English clubs who has brought the Aussie coaches and players in. They just speak the language they use at home and it's been adopted over here as the norm by the English coaches, English players and English commentators.

It's basically OUR fault it's happened but it has happened and that's the end of it. It isn't going to change abytime soon unless we resurrect the dead.

And PLEASE don't get me started on what GB has given to the rest of the world. That would open a whole new can of worms!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

Archived