Match Thread. Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Sunday 29th May 2016

May the farce be with you what a lovely green pitch well it soon will be after 13 plus bags of horse muck were dumped on it today. They should be made to walk home in those silly coloured girly shirts they were SUPPOSED to play rugby in. Craven was useless and should have been taken off permanently. No effort No idea No aggression No talent No leader words fail me no wonder we beat Dewsbury they were also a pile of well not as big a pile as rovers I just hope the featherstone players refuse to accept any money for this pathetic carry on.

I honestly thought we were turning things around but obviously there is still something seriosly wrong at the club come on 37-0 against fax still it will save me buying match dvds for a while as Im currently in Gran Canaria for long periods but I watched this one on Sky.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from watching that embarassing effort and yet again we look like 17 idiots in front of the sky cameras

Absolutely no positives to take from that

Team selection was wrong, The starting 13 from last week shouldve remained unchanged and not tinkered with

Too many players froze with the occasion and made G Moore look like a world beater

Next year get us on first on sky and lets get it over with because we cerfainly dont deserve last billing with these 2 season efforts weve put in at the bash

Fax deserving winners - Very disappointing but we have to pick ourselves up

= Just got back GUTTED,I never vote on best player because Rugby League is a team game but my ratings are as follows.Craven 2 for putting on his shirt and boots,Briscoe 2 who didnt seem bothered,Hardman 6 tried,Misi 7 our best player,Foster 3,Briggs 3 i like him but he is not a stand off,Thackeray 3 didnt take on the line,not a patch on Paul Handforth for setting up plays.Griffin 3 has done well for us this season but quiet today,Ellis 5 but not one of his better games,Baldwinson 3,Cording 5 + tried,Davies 4+ unusually quiet game,Spears 5 always tries but his size is against him against a big pack.Roche 4,Ormonroyd 3+,Abdull 3, Ward 3.Ref had a decent game no complaints there.I don't wish to offend players with my merit marks but feel they have let the fan's down today.

Reminded me how bad we were when Bastian was in charge totally void of ideas with very little effort or team spirit. I think we ought to field the reserves against Leigh oh I forgot we no longer have a reserve team. The team must be sh......g themselves having to play Leigh. The next home game should be free admission for the suffering supporters. No problems losing but never like todays farce.

Absolutely gutted after the display and performance I have witnessed, I've watched Fev since I was a kid and have seen some terrible games, but today was just woeful and hard to take in and digest!!!!

Im Fev and im proud

Looks as though the fans have taken their cue from the team, neither has shown up!

Doesn't look like there are many Fev fans there at all, very poor.

Top 4? Doesn't look like it on this performance.

It was an extremely poor performance, but we outnumbered the 'Fax fans.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

May the farce be with you what a lovely green pitch well it soon will be after 13 plus bags of horse muck were dumped on it today. They should be made to walk home in those silly coloured girly shirts they were SUPPOSED to play rugby in. Craven was useless and should have been taken off permanently. No effort No idea No aggression No talent No leader words fail me no wonder we beat Dewsbury they were also a pile of well not as big a pile as rovers I just hope the featherstone players refuse to accept any money for this pathetic carry on.

I honestly thought we were turning things around but obviously there is still something seriosly wrong at the club come on 37-0 against fax still it will save me buying match dvds for a while as Im currently in Gran Canaria for long periods but I watched this one on Sky.

Stay there please

Yeah its ok for Leigh fans to have a go at our support but Blackpool is relatively on their doorstep. Its a bit of a trek for us in RL terms and it took me nearly 4 hours to get to this sh*t hole after getting stuck in the bank holiday traffic. Never again.

Looks as though the fans have taken their cue from the team, neither has shown up!

Doesn't look like there are many Fev fans there at all, very poor.

Top 4? Doesn't look like it on this performance.

We were the 3rd best supported team there before you take the p,and we have 100 mile to travel there not 40 like you ya numpty.

It was an extremely poor performance, but we outnumbered the 'Fax fans.

If you spend your time going to Rugby games and counting crowds rather than watching the game you need help! Who cares about who turns up to watch. The skills on show across the weekend/day was far more interesting. I know Fev got hammered and you never ever give any praise or respect to opponents, but each week on the main thread you go on about crowds rather than the highlights of the game. One game Fev failed to turn up. Season is not over and get a good win next week and this week will be forgotten. Heads up Fev fans and what a great finish to the normal season awaits.

Disappointed.But,think we've done ok this season so far bearing the financial restrictions and injury crisiss we've had to deal with.

Need to get straight back to what we were doing well.Halifax played really well,their pack inparticular looks as good as Leighs SL

recruited pack.

The lads were completley overpowered from start to finish and just never got going too many of our creative players ie abdull  craven briggs thackery ellis just didnt do enough thackery in particular im dissapointed with he just doesnt ask enough questions of the on coming defence when he has the ball if a half back takes on the line and keeps the opposition guessing as to what hes going to do each time he has the ball this gives other players the opportunity to run in to holes and cause all sorts of mayhem when were attacking i just dont see it with him yes you get the chip over the top but thats individuel skill and does nothing to build pressure and get repeat sets etc 

i really think either he,s afraid to go to the line or lacks confidence both traits  of which are no good for a half back hardman is brave and backs up almost every time he must be doing his nut watching this robotic one man rugby when were close to the opposition line 

it really does all start with the halfs murrell, brambini, and sammutt in particular proved that {wot we would give for him} im not going to smash the players or coach cos we can turn this around by winning games but we are going to have to do it the hard way oldham away and not defending that short kick off against fax at home properly are results that could really turn out to hurt us...

forgetting leigh away the rest of the games are now looking must win sharpy has to address the attacking side of our game maybe let the players play wot they see thackery seemed to thrive on that at dewsbury ive heard a rumour we are close to annoucing a decent sponsership deal that will bring some much needed revenue in to the club perhaps this will allow us to reinforce the squad for the run in .....a couple of big hairy ###### forwards please to give us some much needed grunt going forward 

any way keep the faith

The manner of Gaz Moore's interception try, then the drop goal soon after knocked the stuffing out of Fev who were like rabbits caught in the headlights. After that the spirit and character they have shown all season went down the plug hole. They were terrified of further interceptions and were frightened to move the ball about but had no Plan B. Fax's defence was awesome, especially in psyching the man about to receive the ball- too many times the Fev players had their eye on the man rushing in rather than the ball.

Coming back down to earth though, it reminded me of two games last season, firstly the home defeat to Whitehaven and secondly the away win at Bradford, who on that day were clearly not up for the contest. It didn't stop the Bulls making the million pound game however- That defeat to Fev didn't make them a bad side.

i'm over it UTR

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Our attacking displays have never been above mediocre and once our defence creaked the players had no answer to any form of comeback.Off the cuff players like Thackeray need to be given a free rein. Halifax had all the fire power in their forwards and if they played like that against other teams like they seem to save for games against us they will get fourth.

Rovers looked far worse than we did last week when you milled us.

I thought that we would have seen a real contest with two clubs vying for a top four position, but it did look like Halfax might be a top outfit and Rovers in the bottom four. I'm not sure what happened, but I suspect your next opponents might cop it.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

What I cannot get is why we play so well for 3 week nil a team last week then change the team for this game Use DR if you need to but not when we didn't have to Well done Fax you proved yesterday that your team wanted it more than ours Roll on next week let's get back to playing like we know we can

No need for fax fans goading fev fans on coaches with disgusting hand jestures with kids on board. Awful. How have we come from beating London and nilling dewsbury to getting nilled by fax???

I saw that and it totally disgusted me! I can only apologise on behalf of the majority of Fax fans. You obviously get a few of the younger end that, after consuming a bag of wine gums, behave like animals. Add to that the fact that the football season has now finished so I have a feeling a few of those may have just fancied a weekend in Blackpool.

Lets face it nobody saw that coming. If we had played like that all year we would be challenging Leigh for top spot, its just unfortunate you ran in to us on a day when we hit somewhere near last years late form. Fev may as well just chalk it off as a bad day at the office as everything that could go wrong did. There are some massive over reactions from some of your fans.

You can slag the halfbacks off until the cows come home but the old adage in both codes of rugby will forever always,but always be true.

NO PACK NO CHANCE.

we at Batley are lucky to have Brambani and Pat Walker but without the big boys up front they are just struggling to create anything.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Lets face it nobody saw that coming. If we had played like that all year we would be challenging Leigh for top spot, its just unfortunate you ran in to us on a day when we hit somewhere near last years late form. Fev may as well just chalk it off as a bad day at the office as everything that could go wrong did. There are some over reactions from some of your fans.

This day and age Oxy most fans seem to be one eyed.Credit must go to Halifax for the way they contained a side that had more than one capable pivot player.On this occasion it did not come down to any dubious decision and Fax completed outplayed a side that was previously on form.

Whilst ever fev keep using duai reg theyl never be featherstone rovers admire the wins but its not really fev then get days like at blackpool when theres no heart get carried away when winning but days like sunday are the result of going overboard with other clubs second team and in the case of briscoe and ward third choice

Whilst ever fev keep using duai reg theyl never be featherstone rovers admire the wins but its not really fev then get days like at blackpool when theres no heart get carried away when winning but days like sunday are the result of going overboard with other clubs second team and in the case of briscoe and ward third choice

going overboard? Weve had baldwinson just about all season and had briscoe twice, the only other weve had in the last few month is lilley for 1 game, robbie ward isnt a leeds player, he went playing in oz and come back and signed for us.

Archived