Match Thread. Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Sunday 29th May 2016

We were the 3rd best supported team there before you take the p,and we have 100 mile to travel there not 40 like you ya numpty.

short memories them lot havent they, good job we havent

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

short memories them lot havent they, good job we havent

there was about a thousand fev fans there not a bad effort really, leigh fans think there best supported club in country now theyve all jumped on bandwagon while there winning. Was only 3 year back we played at leigh infront of 1400 n there was a couple of hundred from fev.

Exactly why did fev sign him because of his leeds connection isnt that pathetic when a fev lad like sam day gets the cold shoulder not saying baldwinsons not a good player always rated him at academy level but what about luke cooper a fev player waiting to give his all you reap what you sow and sunday was the perfect example of that

there was about a thousand fev fans there not a bad effort really, leigh fans think there best supported club in country now theyve all jumped on bandwagon while there winning. Was only 3 year back we played at leigh infront of 1400 n there was a couple of hundred from fev.

you fev fans seem to spend a lot of time counting the crowd

Yeah its ok for Leigh fans to have a go at our support but Blackpool is relatively on their doorstep. Its a bit of a trek for us in RL terms and it took me nearly 4 hours to get to this sh*t hole after getting stuck in the bank holiday traffic. Never again.

Get some perspective Fev fans, two weeks ago you did a Halifax on the Broncos, we were clueless, lacked enthusiasm, couldnt tackle, etc and week later we put 60 odd on Haven and only conceded with the last play of the game - you'll be back.

Reference the comment above, think of the Broncos fans who do that and more every other week, there is no typical trek for us, small in number, high in passion.

Exactly why did fev sign him because of his leeds connection isnt that pathetic when a fev lad like sam day gets the cold shoulder not saying baldwinsons not a good player always rated him at academy level but what about luke cooper a fev player waiting to give his all you reap what you sow and sunday was the perfect example of that

Sam day is injured - broke most of his fingers on one hand a few weeks ago - not getting the cold shoulder at all

You can slag the halfbacks off until the cows come home but the old adage in both codes of rugby will forever always,but always be true.

NO PACK NO CHANCE.

we at Batley are lucky to have Brambani and Pat Walker but without the big boys up front they are just struggling to create anything.

Bostock was a big loss for Fev, it was men against boys in the front row battle.

i think we probably signed him because hes a very promising young hooker that came available to us, and we dont have another natural hooker with day and wildie out, meaning ellis was having to play big minutes every week, not because hes played for leeds. Agree about cooper though looked promising when hes been given a chance this year.

crowd usually gets printed in paper, just below try scorers. Plus club knows how many tickets theyve sold, so not counted them personally old lad ;-).

The clubs got told how many tickets each team has sold before the weekend. If Fev outnumbered Fax it must have been because a number of their fans paid on the day.

I shamelessly stole a picture off social media of the Fev end. Its hard to judge but maybe 5-600?

https://gyazo.com/0f2e79680ed47f1fc704a7608ddf8698

The clubs got told how many tickets each team has sold before the weekend. If Fev outnumbered Fax it must have been because a number of their fans paid on the day.

I shamelessly stole a picture off social media of the Fev end. Its hard to judge but maybe 5-600?

before the dewsbury game the club said they were close to the 7/800 mark for tickets sold and were supposed to have got a few more, so i was estimating around the thousand mark with people paying on the day, sold a few tickets down the touchline side although it didnt look to be many. Hard to judge with it been such a big stand.

Whilst ever fev keep using duai reg theyl never be featherstone rovers admire the wins but its not really fev then get days like at blackpool when theres no heart get carried away when winning but days like sunday are the result of going overboard with other clubs second team and in the case of briscoe and ward third choice[/quote

Well written.

The lads were completley overpowered from start to finish and just never got going too many of our creative players ie abdull  craven briggs thackery ellis just didnt do enough thackery in particular im dissapointed with he just doesnt ask enough questions of the on coming defence when he has the ball if a half back takes on the line and keeps the opposition guessing as to what hes going to do each time he has the ball this gives other players the opportunity to run in to holes and cause all sorts of mayhem when were attacking i just dont see it with him yes you get the chip over the top but thats individuel skill and does nothing to build pressure and get repeat sets etc 

i really think either he,s afraid to go to the line or lacks confidence both traits  of which are no good for a half back hardman is brave and backs up almost every time he must be doing his nut watching this robotic one man rugby when were close to the opposition line 

it really does all start with the halfs murrell, brambini, and sammutt in particular proved that {wot we would give for him} im not going to smash the players or coach cos we can turn this around by winning games but we are going to have to do it the hard way oldham away and not defending that short kick off against fax at home properly are results that could really turn out to hurt us...

forgetting leigh away the rest of the games are now looking must win sharpy has to address the attacking side of our game maybe let the players play wot they see thackery seemed to thrive on that at dewsbury ive heard a rumour we are close to annoucing a decent sponsership deal that will bring some much needed revenue in to the club perhaps this will allow us to reinforce the squad for the run in .....a couple of big hairy ###### forwards please to give us some much needed grunt going forward 

any way keep the faith

Well good point about not defending short kicks costing us 4 points.

Get some perspective Fev fans, two weeks ago you did a Halifax on the Broncos, we were clueless, lacked enthusiasm, couldnt tackle, etc and week later we put 60 odd on Haven and only conceded with the last play of the game - you'll be back.

Reference the comment above, think of the Broncos fans who do that and more every other week, there is no typical trek for us, small in number, high in passion.

I genuinely take my hat off to you for the miles that you clock up.

However that was the whole point of my post. With the greatest respect how many London fans travel each week ? The Leigh poster was talking purely numbers. The further away the ground is the fewer away fans travel -fact. So I stand by my comment - its at unfair for Leigh fans to have a go at our fans having to travel 100 miles.

As I've pointed out on this forum before - Leighs away support was almost non existant only a few years back - lower than ours would ever be.

Whilst ever fev keep using duai reg theyl never be featherstone rovers admire the wins but its not really fev then get days like at blackpool when theres no heart get carried away when winning but days like sunday are the result of going overboard with other clubs second team and in the case of briscoe and ward third choice

Sorry but this is absolute cobblers in my opinion. Fine, you don't like dual reg, most Fev fans don't really like it either if truth be told, but the hallmark of this year's side until this weekend has been the tremendous team spirit and attitude that has been displayed week after week, DR has only been used to fill in a couple of perceived weak areas, and it's ludicrous to blame Sunday's dismal performance on DR (do you seriously think the result would have been different if we had played, say, Johnson and Cooper instead of Briscoe and Baldwinson?).

We were truly appalling on Sunday. We have been very good (on a much lower budget than last season) for much of the year. We used DR when we were very good, and we used it when we were appalling on Sunday. Baldwinson has to all intents and purposes been on a season-long loan with us anyway, and when he tweets about "the boys" and "us" on Twitter it's Fev he's talking about, not Leeds.

Sample size is important when judging anything. Whether it's Jon Sharp's ability as a coach, dual reg, our recruitment or whatever, it's much more helpful to judge on the season as a whole, rather than pop up when an individual result appears to match our preconceived ideas.

BO,

To be honest the number of Fev fans or Fax fans there on the day doesn't matter, however blatant misleading info does, as with this photo.

For me this photo shows how good the support held up really, when you take a photo showing that there was still 600 there with the score 37-0 against and only a couple of minutes to go.

You finished trying to score points yet?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

FUNNY I HEARD THE SAME RUMOUR APART FROM THE ODD OCCATION FEV ALWAYS FLATTER THEN TO DECEIVE US BUT THATS THE FEV WE ALL LOVE 43 YEARS OF WATCHING THEM I KNOW IT COULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN BUT SO MUCH MORE HEART SEEMED TO BE GIVEN BY LOCAL LADS.

TO ME IT ALWAYS A QUESTION OF PERSPECTIVE WE WON THE 2ND DIVISION GRAND FINAL ONLY 9 YEARS AGO TECHNICALLY WE WHERE LOWER THEN THAN

NOW BUT WHAT A DAY THAT WAS WHERE EVER WE ARE WE ARE STILL THE FAMOUS FEV ROVERS.

Feisal Nahaboo springs to mind just hope rovers do not get duped by another rogue like before Long gone are the distant dreams of superleague promises in 2013. Desperately need someone with some brass to invest in the club.

BO,

To be honest the number of Fev fans or Fax fans there on the day doesn't matter, however blatant misleading info does, as with this photo.

For me this photo shows how good the support held up really, when you take a photo showing that there was still 600 there with the score 37-0 against and only a couple of minutes to go.

You finished trying to score points yet?

Your story sounds good in theory but the reality is somewhat different. The time stamp of the photo is 18.17 and the guys next tweet after the photo is about the possible penalty try. I would estimate that puts the time of the photo between maybe 5-10 minutes in to the second half. Believe me if there were a photo taken at 37-0 with a couple of minutes to go there would have only been about 100 Fev fans in it, not that I would blame them.

No point scoring from me, more simply replying to what someone mentioned about the crowd.

• 1 month later...

We beat you away in the league we will beat you at Blackpool

Fax have not been on form this season but still have a better team than fev.

If we click then we will smash you if we don't we will match and sneak the win by a gaz moor drop goal

Up the fax

ahem......

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Archived