I enjoyed the second episode...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a look on Twitter, and there are plenty of positive responses... and, of course, more than a few nutters claiming that people are being bribed by the Stalinist BBC to say nice things about the new PC feminist hippie show. :rolleyes:

My main reaction is "wow, that bit of South Africa is seriously beautiful!"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last nights episode was a big improvement on the first one, though I think that was down to Eddie Jordan and Seasick Steve rather than the main presenters. Le Blanc still comes across as incredibly wooden.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Can't stand Clarkson and this ginger Evans can't do with that ginger Evans...

So I'll stay clear of it....

Yet you still felt it necessary to comment on a thread about a programme you can't stand and don't watch ?

That's the size of it..... it's a forum... you don't have to like the topic being discussed.

You didn't like my response? But yet felt the need to make comment about it.... ad infinitum.... blah blah blah

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Yet you still felt it necessary to comment on a thread about a programme you can't stand and don't watch ?

If people on here didn't make comments on things they "can't stand" then the content would be halved. However, as you've stated this position I'm assuming we'll be spared your comments on the Corbyn/Labour Party thread.

If people on here didn't make comments on things they "can't stand" then the content would be halved. However, as you've stated this position I'm assuming we'll be spared your comments on the Corbyn/Labour Party thread.

Hardly the same thing. With Corbyn, we all have a vested interest in what he does as the leader of the opposition whether we agree with what he's doing or not. With a TV programme we just don't watch it if we can't stand it and it impacts on nobody else.

Hardly the same thing. With Corbyn, we all have a vested interest in what he does as the leader of the opposition whether we agree with what he's doing or not. With a TV programme we just don't watch it if we can't stand it and it impacts on nobody else.

No, as a TV License Fee payer, I have a vested interest in Top Gear not being on TV - I don't want my fee being spent on the production of this programme, the salary of Evans or Le Blanc. I think the money and programme slot could be better used providing an in depth analysis of Das Kapital (Volumes 1, 2 & 3), The Communist Manifesto and the Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Napoleon. I'm sure you won't feel "it necessary to comment about a programme you wouldn't stand and wouldn't watch".

No, as a TV License Fee payer, I have a vested interest in Top Gear not being on TV - I don't want my fee being spent on the production of this programme, the salary of Evans or Le Blanc. I think the money and programme slot could be better used providing an in depth analysis of Das Kapital (Volumes 1, 2 & 3), The Communist Manifesto and the Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Napoleon. I'm sure you won't feel "it necessary to comment about a programme you wouldn't stand and wouldn't watch".

No, you see the difference is that I am all for people being able to enjoy whatever they enjoy watching without feeling the need to disparage it. If you'd like to watch programmes like that then good for you, I hope they make them and you enjoy them. I wouldn't watch them but I wouldn't want anyone else to not be able to enjoy them if that's what floats their boat. You, on the other hand, seem to want people to not have the option to watch something that they enjoy simply because you don't like it. Regardless of anything else I'd simply call that selfish.

"You, on the other hand, seem to want people to not have the option to watch something that they enjoy simply because you don't like it. "

No, I said earlier in the thread "each to their own". The issue is whether people, specifically Robin and myself, are able to comment and deride said programme. It seems that Derwent wants to silence people as she/he doesn't like people who have views that differ from hers/his.

No, I said earlier in the thread "each to their own". The issue is whether people, specifically Robin and myself, are able to comment and deride said programme. It seems that Derwent wants to silence people as she/he doesn't like people who have views that differ from hers/his.

No that's not it at all. I just find it extremely odd that people go to the trouble of wasting their time and energy to post on a thread about something they don't like just to say they don't like it. Its like someone going to the bother of joining TRL just to post that they don't like RL. Seems completely pointless, a kind of internet version of a child stamping its feet in a "look at me" style.

No, you see the difference is that I am all for people being able to enjoy whatever they enjoy watching without feeling the need to disparage it. If you'd like to watch programmes like that then good for you, I hope they make them and you enjoy them. I wouldn't watch them but I wouldn't want anyone else to not be able to enjoy them if that's what floats their boat. You, on the other hand, seem to want people to not have the option to watch something that they enjoy simply because you don't like it. Regardless of anything else I'd simply call that selfish.

nope.... the programme is presented by a twerp I dislike immensely.

I reserve the right to pass that opinion.

You may not see the comparatives to commenting on corbyn/lab threads, but I do.

As I care little for your opinion I shall continue to post as I wish hopefully within the rules of this forum.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

nope.... the programme is presented by a twerp I dislike immensely.

I reserve the right to pass that opinion.

You may not see the comparatives to commenting on corbyn/lab threads, but I do.

As I care little for your opinion I shall continue to post as I wish hopefully within the rules of this forum.

I didn't say you shouldn't express an opinion, I merely questioned the point of it. If you think its worth your time and energy to do so then that's your choice.

Me too.

And me. Still too much a copy of the previous one for my liking but I think that will transform if given time.

The South Africa part was done well - I have to say that the production values and cinematography of the TG unit is spectacularly good.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I didn't say you shouldn't express an opinion, I merely questioned the point of it. If you think its worth your time and energy to do so then that's your choice.

If you think an opinion pointless then just how pointless is it to point out it's pointlessness? Pointless.

Archived