3 Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm

Who will win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

Discuss Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

I can't remember the last time we won three on the trot. (Someone will probably now point out we've done it this season!) For that reason, as well as my innate pessimism, I expect Wigan to win this one, but not by much. So, Wigan by 10 or 12 points. I hope not!  ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I can't remember the last time we won three on the trot. (Someone will probably now point out we've done it this season!) For that reason, as well as my innate pessimism, I expect Wigan to win this one, but not by much. So, Wigan by 10 or 12 points. I hope not!  ;)

Glass bottle  drinks container half empty kind of guy eh Tony?*

(*Edited to protect the sensitive WDL lot.)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Whether the goings on of last week have an effect on the Wigan team is anyones guess. However, the great Wigan team of the 80s and 90s were notorious for the many personal feuds/fallings out among the players (and yes, at times, fisticuffs), but back then they were always put to one side once they took to the field. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Salford are a very good side, and it would be no surprise to see them win and win well. But, I think they will have to play well to do so - with Williams, Smith and Tomkins working better by the week, we are far stronger than when the 2 sides last met. I think it'll be a similar game to the Cas one and with the same result.

Glass bottle  drinks container half empty kind of guy eh Tony?*

(*Edited to protect the sensitive WDL lot.)

Ha! When it comes to Salford, the only thing in my glass is the stain left by the previous user. :tongue:

We are realists Old Frightful. We simply never beat Wigan (except in the cup in 1998!)

And don't I know it, for I was there!!! Gutted, was I but Salford deserved the win that day....and may well do it again as they are now a much better team.

As recently as that? Almost an everyday occurrence, then! ;)

I think Salford do have a chance (really, I do!), but Wigan always seem to find a way to win games they have no right to win, like the reverse fixture at Wigan earlier this year. I expect Wigan to win, hope Salford do, but failing that, I hope we keep it close.

if all the bother at wigan is true you have to fancy a salford win, to many distractions in the wigan team.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Surprisingly, it was as recently as rounds 7, 8 and 9 last season (Widnes, Huddersfield and, finally, Wigan). I can remember the open top bus parade as if it was yesterday.

As for today's game, word on the street is that Gareth O'Brien has dropped out of the squad. Gareth took a blow to the head last week (on the field during the game, not in a gymnasium after it). With Niall Evalds also injured, there's a debut for Connor Williams in the offing.

Mossop is on the bench, despite being (according to many wishful thinkers) being brutally savaged and disfigured.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

i think its naughty to suggest peoplecwanted him hurt.

Normally I'd agree, but there was a great deal of relish and hopefulness about some people's re-broadcasting of the most lurid rumours. Unpalatable, to say the least.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived