The Eagles have Landed

eltel

THE EAGLES HAVE LANDED

Never did like the Eagles except when John Kear helped them win the challenge cup at a time when we had something like a fair rugby system obviously the elitism brigade have put pay to that.

Unless someone with some brass turns up they are pretty much doomed and several decent players will become available when they drop back to part time.

Leigh also having many problems but currently being helped out by a wad of cash which will run dry if they do not make superleague by the end of next season as they like the rest of the championship have virtually no chance of superleague under the current biased system which is currently designed for the showboating self serving few.

Up The Rovers a great improvement on the big bash weekend.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE EAGLES HAVE LANDED

Never did like the Eagles except when John Kear helped them win the challenge cup at a time when we had something like a fair rugby system obviously the elitism brigade have put pay to that.

Unless someone with some brass turns up they are pretty much doomed and several decent players will become available when they drop back to part time.

Leigh also having many problems but currently being helped out by a wad of cash which will run dry if they do not make superleague by the end of next season as they like the rest of the championship have virtually no chance of superleague under the current biased system which is currently designed for the showboating self serving few.

Not sure I agree with much in this post.

I'm no fan of Aston at all, but I wouldn't want to see Sheffield, or any other team for that matter, be "doomed". And we nearly ended up in a similar boat thanks to an investor who didn't come up with the goods a couple of years ago.

Not sure how anyone knows if Leigh's "wad of cash" will run dry unless they have access to the Sundecks accounts? Most suggestions I have seen from Leigh suggests they would be ok even if Beaumont wasn't in the picture.

And remember, we are as dependent on a benevolent owner as anyone. It's already been hinted in the press that our Chairman might not want to keep putting his hand in his pocket forever and gates of 1400 aren't going to help our funding much.

Ditto TPH,hope Eagles work something out financially.The RFL should also guide and help all

super league,champ and champ 1 teams run and fund 2nd teams and juniors. Our game needs this

path to make it stronger.Half the playing staff in super league must be made up of second

rate Antipodeans,(with the exception of a couple), short fix, wasted money.

THE EAGLES HAVE LANDED

why will the wad of cash run dry???? Has delbert said next year is sh it or bust tel?

What about the much rumoured consortium waiting for delbert to sod off???

I think you're making some wild assumptions there....

Delbert has already proven to have done what we all hoped nahaboo would do.

He's actually got cash and he's prepared to spend it. I've not seen any evidence to the contrary....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

There but for the grace of God go......virtually any other club. Not good to see happen to any club. Nobody at Fev likes Mark aston, but I still want to see Sheffield bounce back from this.

Yes. The game as a whole is strongest when all clubs are at their strongest! Clubs struggling to survive, especially ones who have had much recent success, is a sign of weakness in our whole game.

I have no love of Sheffield as a club, but sincerely hope that they can pull themselves around and contribute to a vibrant successful Championship.

I certainly do not want The Eagles to bow out in fact if Aston left I would really hope for a better future for the Eagles but that just may not happen.

Regarding Leigh they like all top clubs including Leeds they need to keep injecting lots of cash into their respective clubs and as sure as eggs are eggs there comes a time when even money is not enough to succeed.

A team like Leigh shall probably follow the format of Fev. When Fev were a great side we could beat any of the current superleague teams especially at post office road but we had to sell at least one or two of our best players most seasons whereas Leigh with a current good benefactor need to persuade their best players to stay as they will always want to move on to the likes of Wigan and Saints or even Huddersfield.

I will return to this post in the future to either eat humble pie or just to confirm I was right on this occasion.

Just for clarity it really is Aston who has turned me against the Eagles I have no time for him.

coach do not get carried away with things as something certainly was not right at the summer bash it doesnt take much to upset a teams performances just look at Leeds excepting injuries which all clubs seem to be suffering from this season it may be the Hardaker wanting away effect. Hopefully the big bash shock is out of their system and given us a wake up call allowing Fev to progress this season but the jury is still out let us see how we perform in the remaining games before we think we have turned things around. Whichever way you look at it there was no excuse for such a lacklustre performance against Fax.

THE EAGLES HAVE LANDED

Can somebody tell me what exactly has happened at Sheffield financially? I can't find any other reports on this matter. Is it official or just a rumour?

Read the article 'Sheffield in discussion with potential Investors'. They seem confident though and are looking forward to using their new field. Is this a cover up and no money is coming? They have lost an investor and their gates are poor but how conclusive is it that they are doomed?

Clubs at some stage in there existence have financial troubles, but most ,if not all, manage to survive even if it means selling their players. Remember Bradford Northern perhaps.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court-lists/list-companies-winding-up Don't want to worry you guys but you lot may be in the triouble too??? Nobody wants to see clubs in financial trouble, most championship clubs don't have bucket loads of cash

Whilst things like this never look good, if the past is any guide, this is presumably more likely to be a bit of bill-paying brinkmanship than a club-threatening crisis.

How many winding up petitions have Batley had in the last ten years compared to us.Can't the people who run our  club do simple arithmetic on our gates we should budget to spend about 60% of our total income on players wages.I am fed up of hearing FEVS name being dragged down by winding up orders and late payment's the club is run like a third nation African state.It's ok saying debt's will be sorted out but it shows the club in a bad light.Who is going to put money into our club when the finances are a in such a state.After 50 years as a supporter i am fed up of our financial position,Don't spend what you do not have.

So... looking forrad then (and not back).

If you are now placed in full control of the club what is your solution?

Genuine question cos as I sit here in m&s lingerie dept at meadowhall I can conclude I haven't a clue.....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

So... looking forrad then (and not back).

If you are now placed in full control of the club what is your solution?

Genuine question cos as I sit here in m&s lingerie dept at meadowhall I can conclude I haven't a clue.....

Its always catch 22. If you do not spend the cash then people lose interest and crowds drop and obviously that means less money. If you spend cash that you have not really got then you have to hope that the team perform on the field which may generate more interest and if it goes really well then making the top 4 will bring in a cash injection that will hopefully go towards paying bills that were run up in putting that team on the field. Failing that you need an idiot who is going to throw money left right and centre in to a bottomless pit with no hope of ever seeing it again. From the outside looking in it certainly seems that Fev have gone poop or bust for the top 4 this year.

Archived