The Eagles have Landed

eltel

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said after the last announcement, it is a matter of proper timing of payments. This would stop all this nonsense. You will remember we waited for a while last time until the club announced that all was in order. I reckon elpaxr2i is right.

Lets be realistic on this one. If all the banks called in the debts of all the soccer and rugby clubs, there would not be another lump of leather kicked again in the UK.

If you owe the bank £1000, that is YOUR problem. If you owe the bank £1000000 that is THEIR problem.

Would be better if we could avoid it though...

We have had three winding up orders in the last two and a half years.NOV  2014. AUG AND DEC 2015.And now June 2016 Shows the club in a very bad light and not the way to attract potential investors,Feel sorry for the players who in most games have given 100%this season someone who can add up figures needs to offer assistance.

Offered on the last two occasions with different CEOs. Not needed so have withdrawn such offers. It is timing. A request to the authorities to delay the penalty with evidence of money to be available shortly would save a lot of speculation. But there we are. It will all come out in the wash very soon I have no doubt.

How many winding up petitions have Batley had in the last ten years compared to us.Can't the people who run our  club do simple arithmetic on our gates we should budget to spend about 60% of our total income on players wages.I am fed up of hearing FEVS name being dragged down by winding up orders and late payment's the club is run like a third nation African state.It's ok saying debt's will be sorted out but it shows the club in a bad light.Who is going to put money into our club when the finances are a in such a state.After 50 years as a supporter i am fed up of our financial position,Don't spend what you do not have.

I mentioned some years ago that it is all about cash flow. We have a large holding of land that we could lease (Not Sell) and derive income from that. I wont go in to the full details again but it is about using your assets to improve your cash flow. I said lease instead of sell as the land would still be ours and be an income earner as well as increasing in value.

Good idea JC , but what would you expect the lessee to do with the land ie would you allow them to build etc. ??

No, we would sell the property and the lessee would be the property owner. Under the scheme I have in mind we would construct and offer the properties for sale as ownership but the land on which the properties stand would be leased. It is common practise if you go down the right route. It also give people the chance to buy at a reduced rate. I'll go no further at this time and wait until the powers that be sort things out. I have suggested this route before to help the cash flow but some people have no foresight. I am sure that it would work and we would only use about 6 acres to receive a good input into our cash flow and the land is still ours appreciating in value. That's just the bare bones of it.

No, we would sell the property and the lessee would be the property owner. Under the scheme I have in mind we would construct and offer the properties for sale as ownership but the land on which the properties stand would be leased. It is common practise if you go down the right route. It also give people the chance to buy at a reduced rate. I'll go no further at this time and wait until the powers that be sort things out. I have suggested this route before to help the cash flow but some people have no foresight. I am sure that it would work and we would only use about 6 acres to receive a good input into our cash flow and the land is still ours appreciating in value. That's just the bare bones of it.

Where does the capital to build properties we can then lease come from?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Have we got planning permission for the land though?

Not as far as I am aware and there are issues getting the planning permission since it will be regarded as green belt land. However this would be easier to achieve now given the new estate currently being built.

Where does the capital to build properties we can then lease come from?

Investors (e.g. the banks, housing associations, builders, etc.). 

Overall what Colin suggests is feasible I am not sure what the likely revenue would be. I guess typical ground rent on say a 100 year lease would be in the region of £1,000 per annum per property (depending on the property). Which would generate £100,000 per annum. Which sounds reasonable at the moment but might not be a huge amount of money in 100 years’ time.

There are variants on this theme, which potentially could raise more money.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Have we got planning permission for the land though?

Cas farmers are making millions selling off their green belt land for development, it seems odd that a few acres of scrubland are held sacrosanct as if its a beauty spot somewhere in the Dales.

If anyone bothers to check the records you will see Oldham Athletic FC are on there too - i doubt theyre being wound up either

Correct.They have also made everyone aware of the fact.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-update-regarding-winding-up-petition-3146737.aspx 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

If you sell the land it has two items to considfer. One you have lost the asset that will gain in value as time goes by. My first house cost me £1500 they are now selling at £120K. The second is Capital gains tax. No the idea is that you retain the land and get an income from it. There are over 250,000 people living in Park Home on lease. That is the way I would go. Purchase as ordered by the customer they com ready to construct like a jigsaw. After a bit of training and proper plans we could build our own and sell the properties on lease. The properties would sell at between £80K to £150K and the cost of building a minute amount compared with sale price. If we built to order and received a deposit and a contract we could go ahead. Lease rent would be about a £1000 a year per property and I envisage around around 12 properties an acre. All detached to the buyers design with gardens. 6 acres would give 72 properties and bring in £72,000 in rent and a total selling price of around 7 million in total. Although mortgages are not available on Park Home finance is. You will find that a great number of people buy one after selling their peoperty to downgrade as they become older. It is an idea that would work and with the right costs and income in situ. I myself own a Park Home. It is on a site for over 50's and no ball games. Peace and quiet. I downgraded from a detached house with land. Atr 82 it is the best move I have made. Less overeheads and less work. Just an idea folks.

Cheers Mm22. Hope something does turn up. Resources should be made to work for the owner. Snags do crop up but NOTHING moves forward if you don't take that first step forward.

Just hope rovers turn up in the right state of mind for this one else it is curtains for the rest of the season as eagles will be desperate for a win but hopefully we should have our best team out on the pitch however there is one thing for certain Aston will be moaning about everything again if eagles lose.

Rovers by 8 points for me.

Archived