Swinton reaction

town4me

Having watched the game today It wasn't Swintons best performance of the season but they still managed a point away from home so not all bad!

I thought Workington played the conditions better and Doran had a good kicking game.

Just my opinion but I was relieved that Sammutt wasn't put into the halves in the last 20 minutes because he was wasted at fullback and he was never in the game on attack.

P.s I thought Swinton should of been rewarded a penalty try for the trip in the first half.

I thought the announcer had made a mistake when he said JS was at fullback. To be fair he did nothing wrong at the back but he should be in halves In the thick of it. Yes he did come in to the thick of it sometimes but that left us vulnerable at the back.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the game today It wasn't Swintons best performance of the season but they still managed a point away from home so not all bad!

I thought Workington played the conditions better and Doran had a good kicking game.

Just my opinion but I was relieved that Sammutt wasn't put into the halves in the last 20 minutes because he was wasted at fullback and he was never in the game on attack.

P.s I thought Swinton should of been rewarded a penalty try for the trip in the first half.

A penalty try? How? He was about 5yards out with other Town defenders around him...

Its interesting to watch Latu mocking Sammut for missing the goals on Twitter. This stuff means a lot to us fans. Watching someone on a 2 years all-inclusive having a laugh is a bit galling

Means a lot to us. Doesn't matter a jot to them lads. We're just the wage payers.

Means a lot to us. Doesn't matter a jot to them lads. We're just the wage payers.

7points off safety and he is laughing about Sammut missing two kicks! Obviously doesn't give a fcuk, and is taking the ###### out of us fans!

I didn't say worst team I said worst opposition performance. Let's agree to disagree mate and move on. You were gifted a try by us trying to play champagne rugby in poor conditions and the 2nd try was dubious as to if it was grounded.

You seem to have overlooked the clear and obvious penalty try that should have been awarded when Rob Lever was clearly tripped with the line beckoning !

You seem to have overlooked the clear and obvious penalty try that should have been awarded when Rob Lever was clearly tripped with the line beckoning !

sorry marshy but that was never a penalty try mate.we blew it today as you were there for the taking but we were poor all over the pitch .

And what did the referee do? He yellow carded the guilty player. In my youth, a deliberate trip was instant sending off and was rightly regarded as a very serious offence indeed.

Come on you Workington fans - you shouldn't be having a go at the opposition today - you didn't win because your performance wasn't good enough and we didn't win because our performance wasn't good enough - it was a very poor game with two very poor performances and in my opinion a draw was a fair result - we know how poor we were today but it was enough to get a point - never easy at Derwent Park and could prove to be invaluable at the end of the season

Yesterday proved how invaluable jack is to our side. Sammut didnt make the same contribution coming into the line and we were let off massively when we let 2 bombs bounce, something that would never happen with murphy around.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Come on you Workington fans - you shouldn't be having a go at the opposition today - you didn't win because your performance wasn't good enough and we didn't win because our performance wasn't good enough - it was a very poor game with two very poor performances and in my opinion a draw was a fair result - we know how poor we were today but it was enough to get a point - never easy at Derwent Park and could prove to be invaluable at the end of the season

No one is having a go at the opposition and your summing up is fairly accurate. The point being made by a few including myself is swinton didn't play well at all and we failed to capitalise on that by not playing to the level we have against the so called better sides at DP.

Yesterday proved how invaluable jack is to our side. Sammut didnt make the same contribution coming into the line and we were let off massively when we let 2 bombs bounce, something that would never happen with murphy around.

Sammutt should not have been at fullback. I would of went hulme to FB (apparently played there before) Mossop to centre forber on the wing. Yes CF isn't a winger but it would have allowed JS into the halves.

Sammutt should not have been at fullback. I would of went hulme to FB (apparently played there before) Mossop to centre forber on the wing. Yes CF isn't a winger but it would have allowed JS into the halves.

matt gee has played centre many times. Him inside mossop would have been an option. In all honesty carl neednt have been on the pitch yesterday, put some good tackles in but never done much with the ball.i still think having alex on the bench over steve or tom was a big error. Not sure if tom was injured but looked pretty healthy as 18th man.

I think people are missing the point, we were no worse than Swinton yet look where they are in the table so why are we bottom ? Don't agree that JD had a great game his kicking game was off and he was ponderous in attack. Sammut should have been in the halves, Forber should kick goals and we would have won. Sucker punch at the end with squad lacking as it has been all season. Forrster , Ritson or Murphy would likely have covered. Tense game but what do people expect.

matt gee has played centre many times. Him inside mossop would have been an option. In all honesty carl neednt have been on the pitch yesterday, put some good tackles in but never done much with the ball.i still think having alex on the bench over steve or tom was a big error. Not sure if tom was injured but looked pretty healthy as 18th man.

as in my previous post I would have had CF on the wing solely for his kicking for goal. He would have back heeled over them 2 kicks JS missed.

as in my previous post I would have had CF on the wing solely for his kicking for goal. He would have back heeled over them 2 kicks JS missed.

apparently its buffers decision not to kick goals.

Whoever played where, bottom line is we should have beat a team that were average at best but we simply were not good enough!

For mine, we lacked direction (how long does it take to decide whether to take a kick or not?) and intensity, our halves continually seem to struggle to find any sort of  decent pass consequently our play the ball is almost slow motion.

We look yards faster when Callum is on the pitch so why do we constantly limit his game time?

Tactics?  Our play consisted mainly of a series of aimless kicks and one out runs with props running at angles and back rowers going straight up the middle??

Not for the first time no significant tactical changes during entire game.

Sorry to say We are where we are for a reason

When they were down to 12 men our lads continuosly walked to scrums. It was if we were happy for the game to be played at a snails pace.

disappointed to say the least .injuries obviously affected the team we were able to field , players looking out of sorts in unfamiliar positions .were scoley or walker fit to play ? if so they both should have played especially stevie .as for forber kicking the goals , he seems shot to bits since the blackpool match , dropping bombs , missed easy kick , i think he is a shadow of the player he was pre blackpool .surely moving brett phillips to left centre and hulme to full back would have meant less positional changes , playing at full back sammutt as the swinton fans have said on here was wasted .when i saw how big the swinton pack were , i thought we would have run them off their feet , but they played a simple game of battering up the middle with the pack , but showed real zip when the ball moved out wide ......as for the swinton tries , the move (whatever it was ) had clearly broken down , but as so often this season we still give the pass to the player that is either ahead or behind the pass resulting in the now familiar length of the field try .the only difference being we usually leave that to one minute before half time ......the swinton 2nd try was beautifully constructed and was nigh on impossible to stop no complaints .......i agree with callum playing longer , if you must take him off , do it 10 mins before half time , if you put him back on 10 mins after half time he will have had 30 mins rest ......couldn t sign off without praising john patrick for an excellent display after answering the s.o.s. call.........as for the trip , yes when i played a trip was an immediate red card ,liam was lucky.........and finally as many fans keep asking , i might as well join in , what tactically does phil veivers bring to the way we play ?any team who has watched one of our games knows exactly how we play and know we never change anything , thats why we are bottom of the league .

As I said on here the other day, we have become a team that doesn't know how to win. How many times this season have we had the upper hand going into the final quarter and not been able to close the game out ? Its happened too many times to not be a coincidence. We all know Sammut is a great player but in those situations he doesn't do enough game management, with his experience he should be the player stepping up to take control and putting us in the right areas of the field and holding everything together, but I'm sorry to say that he often goes missing when we really need him.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Maybe buffer not kicking goals is on the back of he wont be playing next week when Murphys or ritsons back, we need a kicker when he out of the team so the more kicks sammut takes the better going forward and he's our kicker from game to game. On that game yesterday our attacking game was awful but we did defend very well overall but were running out of games and literally need all 8 points available before the 8s.

Maybe buffer not kicking goals is on the back of he wont be playing next week when Murphys or ritsons back, we need a kicker when he out of the team so the more kicks sammut takes the better going forward and he's our kicker from game to game. On that game yesterday our attacking game was awful but we did defend very well overall but were running out of games and literally need all 8 points available before the 8s.

nope its the fact buffer said no to kicking goals. Nothing to do with wether hell be in or out the team next week.

Archived