BARLA to Introduce Club Membership Scheme

As a newbie to the RL forum and looking through the feeds which some are very good and proactive but it seems that many people are pro Barla and Pro RFL. if people put as much effort in to keeping the great game alive as they do with slagging everyone down then maybe the game will go forward instead of downhill like it is.

Its in part because of the lack management at Barla the game is in decline if they stood up for its members in the way there was supposed to we may be in a  better position. For a guy who purports to run a club/teams in the Pennine league and Yorkshire juniors you must be really chuffed with the way things are going and the unlimited support you get from BARLA!

The petty squabble between the RFL and BARLA got better for the RFL when Sue took over, she has capitulated in everything and sits at the table and says nowt.

The membership scheme, although admirable, is pathetic Barla constitution is to Foster and develop rugby league not keep taking money and running a cup competition and make more money.

You want effort to change the game educate Yorkshire to change the helm at Barla and things will start to move.

And as for effort in making things better the North West Leagues, whom are not under the control of BARLA, have got off their backsides and started to make changes to increase the participation and activate growth in our area, we do want to keep the game alive hence why as a dedicated group of chairs and management we got our heads together and moved on, you never know we may just become that organisation the rest of the game are looking for.

Its in part because of the lack management at Barla the game is in decline if they stood up for its members in the way there was supposed to we may be in a  better position. For a guy who purports to run a club/teams in the Pennine league and Yorkshire juniors you must be really chuffed with the way things are going and the unlimited support you get from BARLA!

The petty squabble between the RFL and BARLA got better for the RFL when Sue took over, she has capitulated in everything and sits at the table and says nowt.

The membership scheme, although admirable, is pathetic Barla constitution is to Foster and develop rugby league not keep taking money and running a cup competition and make more money.

You want effort to change the game educate Yorkshire to change the helm at Barla and things will start to move.

And as for effort in making things better the North West Leagues, whom are not under the control of BARLA, have got off their backsides and started to make changes to increase the participation and activate growth in our area, we do want to keep the game alive hence why as a dedicated group of chairs and management we got our heads together and moved on, you never know we may just become that organisation the rest of the game are looking for.

hi wilber, i can see the points but my club has never had anything off Barla in 26 years of being with my club as clubs now that are under the RFL also get nothing off the RFL.

i dont think the Barla chair is to blame, Barla had finished many years ago when leagues started to leave Barla including Barla allowing the NCL league  to go on there own.

maybe it is time for a new amateur organisation to come in place as the game is in dire streights at the moment.

as far as i am aware of the Barla scheme it is trying to do things for the members, dont know if that will happen but if it saves my club any money that is good for us.

i am not totally for Barla and not for RFL but i am for the amateur game and hope it does not keep going down hill as it is.

How will it save your club Money ?

We have junior teams that enter the Yorkshire Cup and an open age team that does too as well as entering the National cup at all age groups, The Juniors depending on how many enter is £5 each, the open age is £15 for Yorkshire cup and National Cup. if we have our open age enter both we are £5 better off and our juniors can enter the Yorkshire cup and National cup free of charge plus we can have 17`s 19`s and open age playing county and International matches. if this was last year we would have saved £65. any money is better than none.

Plus more things are on the agenda to give member clubs as far as i am aware.

The Lancashire cup is run by who ? NWC ? we would still save money in the National cup and our players will be able to play County and International for Barla.

Barla have not said you have to take this up but our club wishes to.

If you are outside you cant moan.

The Lancashire cup is run by who ? NWC ? we would still save money in the National cup and our players will be able to play County and International for Barla.

Barla have not said you have to take this up but our club wishes to.

If you are outside you cant moan.

Out of interest which is your club ?

• 2 weeks later...

Simple question, why wasn't this scheme put before the clubs to vote on, why wasn't it put to the district leagues to talk about ?

It was sent out to every District League and the my district league sent it to all clubs and was talked about by our district league. Even the Yorkshire Juniors sent the membership out and they were the first to leave Barla. The scheme is for £25 which all TEAMS within Barla used to pay at the beginning of the season, this is in the Barla handbook, Now they are trying to do it for the whole club. cant understand what all the fuss is about, everyone slags them down for not doing anything then when they do they get slagged down. i have come to the conclusion that all the anti barla/RFL on here are like a set of old washer women thinking on how to bring them or the RFL down and spreading romours. The great game of Rugby League is on its knees as it is and getting worse.

In the next 5 years half the youth teams will not exist and with the pro/semi pro teams struggling (York, Sheffield) and a few others we will see a big decline in the once great sport.

The game has changed since 1973 as all others sports has, a decline in people playing due to education, weekend work commitments and Summer rugby.

Summer rugby was an idea to stop the kids playing in bad weather but now they are all at either football or many are at Rugby Union with better clubs and facilities than possibly their own and are not coming back.

Pity people cant go forward instead of slagging everyone down.

The CMS Yorkshire league is nothing to do with Barla. it is the RFL that have said the do no longer have a licence as all the teams left and went to the Pennine league. the Pennine league now have the Winter licence for yorkshire area.

Hull is in Yorkshire Phil

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

It was sent out to every District League and the my district league sent it to all clubs and was talked about by our district league. Even the Yorkshire Juniors sent the membership out and they were the first to leave Barla. The scheme is for £25 which all TEAMS within Barla used to pay at the beginning of the season, this is in the Barla handbook, Now they are trying to do it for the whole club. cant understand what all the fuss is about, everyone slags them down for not doing anything then when they do they get slagged down. i have come to the conclusion that all the anti barla/RFL on here are like a set of old washer women thinking on how to bring them or the RFL down and spreading romours. The great game of Rugby League is on its knees as it is and getting worse.

In the next 5 years half the youth teams will not exist and with the pro/semi pro teams struggling (York, Sheffield) and a few others we will see a big decline in the once great sport.

The game has changed since 1973 as all others sports has, a decline in people playing due to education, weekend work commitments and Summer rugby.

Summer rugby was an idea to stop the kids playing in bad weather but now they are all at either football or many are at Rugby Union with better clubs and facilities than possibly their own and are not coming back.

Pity people cant go forward instead of slagging everyone down.

So doesn't it tell you something if all the kids have gone to Union and football who play in the WINTER as for not coming back, I have faith in my sport, all it needs is administrating correctly and at the right time of the year

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

So doesn't it tell you something if all the kids have gone to Union and football who play in the WINTER as for not coming back, I have faith in my sport, all it needs is administrating correctly and at the right time of the year

Yes it does tell you something, Barla do not have a say how the Youth & Juniors run so the playing leagues have the option of administrating the game to see how this would make it better and get more players back in the game. It is not too bad with juniors but youth has all but gone at 17`s & 18`s now and many teams pack in at 16 when the super league teams take their best players to use then throw them back.

Marauder my name is Paul you can guess my second name and i am a member of a big club in Yorkshire that runs all levels of Rugby and like yourself i am very passionate about the game at all levels and Yes Hull is in Yorkshire but run there own winter league and have the licence for winter rugby in Hull not Yorkshire.

Everybody is saying the Yorkshire Mens League is the best thing going, every week there is 20-25 games sceduled and if you look at the results only 8-13 is played and thats week in week out, guess winter rugby has not worked well for 100 plus years. Players leaving winter clubs as nothing to play for at the end of the season so the winter club packs in and near the end of the Summer season they leave that club to go winter. clubs are packing in as they have no players left.

The world is changing and sport is changing with it.

Archived