The Biggy - Swinton

Antisuperleague

Yeah,this game is massive for both teams.We certainly do need to stick one on them for the defeat at Sale and the debacle of a game in Blackers. They really need to take all they can from the Sheffield game and take the game to them from the offset. It should be a cracker.

Id love to hear more news coming from the club regarding contract extensions. Regardless of how this campaign ends we have a core or good lads and we should do everything possible to keep this team together!

Does anyone know how long some of the guys are contracted to us?

Id love to hear more news coming from the club regarding contract extensions. Regardless of how this campaign ends we have a core or good lads and we should do everything possible to keep this team together!

Does anyone know how long some of the guys are contracted to us?

Whoa,hold on, let's not rush it. One step at a time. After all we don't yet know how much money we'll have next season. All depends on our final position after all the shield games.

Whoa,hold on, let's not rush it. One step at a time. After all we don't yet know how much money we'll have next season. All depends on our final position after all the shield games.

Got to agree with you there. At the moment the only extension that I am wondering about is Lewis Foster's loan from Leigh

The temperament of both teams will have a lot to say about the game on Sunday.  We'll be looking to maintain a winning run and get a bit of payback for the Summer Bash debacle.  Swinton got a pasting from an on-fire Fax last week and by all accounts a few heads dropped when the going got tough.

Had we won the tie in Blackpool we'd be one point in front of the Lions and we only have ourselves and a disputed conversion to blame.

We have a much better defensive record, Swinton have a much better points-for total.  It could make for a close game but we will probably be more hungry for the win than them.  Cool heads, a fully focussed attitude and a continuation of the form that saw off Whitehaven and Sheffield and we should be OK.   

Other fixtures are just as important now.

Haven and Sheffield should get a spanking this week.

If Workington could overcome Dewsbury, a big ask I know, but if they could and we beat Swinton....then the bottom half of the table would really contract.

I don't care about the system in the 8s. I'm a great believer in you finish as far up the table as you can, win as many games as you can, to get confidence for the 8s.

Well done to Oldham, you owed us one and deserved it on that 2nd half performance. Not good enough from Swinton when it came to silly errors but you did well to capitalise on them and then about 8 mins of solid defence at the end of the game.

As has been said previously, I think both teams are good enough to stay in the division, let's make it happen.

I thought that was a fantastically entertaining game. Swinton really do play some good rugby and in Littler had the outstanding player on the pitch.

For ourselves we had a shocking first 20 mins again and its going to cost us sooner or later. The last 60 mins we got into the grind and manged to scrape the win. I thought Wardy and Clay were outstanding for us with Kenny not far behind after playing big minutes due to Owen's injury. Dickinson had his best game in an Oldham shirt as did Hope even though he only played a shorter stint.

Poor Palfrey had an absolute shocker. Is he playing injured?

We've got Bradford next week and hopefully we can rest a few of our important players(Wardy,Langtree) and save them for the hugely important last 8 games whilst giving a few of the new guys some game time.

Palfrey wasn't at his best his kicking game was well off. Although having said that his kick off that found touch and the kick from the touchline were vital.

Pack worked hard and dug deep when it mattered.

From Swintons perspective what us the point of Josh Barlow? Lots of jumping around shouting gesturing and acting the hard man but you could count his carries on one hand and his tackles on the other.

Palfrey wasn't at his best his kicking game was well off. Although having said that his kick off that found touch and the kick from the touchline were vital.

Pack worked hard and dug deep when it mattered.

From Swintons perspective what us the point of Josh Barlow? Lots of jumping around shouting gesturing and acting the hard man but you could count his carries on one hand and his tackles on the other.

Erm how about the fact he scored, so in my book there was a lot of points to Josh Barlow.

Archived