Wakefield knocking on our door ...again

andyram

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they would move here, last time they used us as a bargaining chip to lower the rent. They will need to move at some point but not yet.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

We've already got terracing behind the posts.

I've noticed that something's happening behind the fence at the other end of the ground.

The work done there will be the new car park that is being done,terracing would need to be in place at that end of the ground though.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this while BV is rebuilt?

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

In his programme notes MS said that the ball was firmly in Wakefield's court. Until they decided what they were going to do we would simply wait and see, even if the temporary income boost would be welcomed. I don't believe that anything is yet "nailed on" but wait to be proved wrong.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

while b v is being rebuilt

Hmm, using the stacks of money that they don't have, no doubt. I suspect that, if they do come, we may have to get used to their presence for a while longer than predicted.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Hmm, using the stacks of money that they don't have, no doubt. I suspect that, if they do come, we may have to get used to their presence for a while longer than predicted.

If they do lodge with us .... who has priority???   will SL leave us feeling like we are sleeping on the sofa in our own place??  

I wonder if the playing surface will look like Batley's did when we were playing at their place.

Remember that anyone?

There was a subtle difference though, as I'm sure you know.

The current hope for Wakey fans is that Yorkcourt will fund the refurb of Belle vue but as they managed to get out of building the new stadium it's a long shot. Wakefield council don't want to help , they let YC slide on the s106 so they are up against it. If they move in with us , and I'm not sure they will as I think the stadium is too small for SL , then it could be a long slow decline for them.

[

There was a subtle difference though, as I'm sure you know.

Was it we weren't preparing our pitch for Super League in those days?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Shouldnt clash with our games as super league don't play games on Sunday afternoons

? I'm sure they do CTR

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

why do you always need to fetch Batley into your comments, imo of course it must be a jealousy matter

Was a reasonable question by LR, Billy, if you cast your mind back.

If you don't like B*tley been mentioned in OUR forum then go back to your own!

BillyBulldog,

I wasn't having a pop at Batley at all. The point I was making was that when Dewsbury played at Mount Pleasant back in the 90's, the playing surface got so much useage on it that it turned into a quagmire.

The same thing could happen to ours is Wakey come to town.

BillyBulldog,

I wasn't having a pop at Batley at all. The point I was making was that when Dewsbury played at Mount Pleasant back in the 90's, the playing surface got so much useage on it that it turned into a quagmire.

The same thing could happen to ours is Wakey come to town.

And the seasons were very different LR, or have we all forgotten?

Archived