Wakefield knocking on our door ...again

andyram

BillyBulldog,

I wasn't having a pop at Batley at all. The point I was making was that when Dewsbury played at Mount Pleasant back in the 90's, the playing surface got so much useage on it that it turned into a quagmire.

The same thing could happen to ours is Wakey come to town.

fair enough lupset sorry buddy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to think the sand used to take kicks made no difference to the playing surface.

One things for sure you knew who had busy games compared to those who didnt!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

And to think the sand used to take kicks made no difference to the playing surface.

One things for sure you knew who had busy games compared to those who didnt!

Sand? Johnny come lately!!

:onthequiet:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Dewsbury have already made an announcement as I referred to earlier: the ball is in Wakefield's court. Until they decide what they intend to do we won't waste any more energy on hypothetical issues. Michael Carter indicated that they will make a decision by September.

We wasted enough time on this last season with no benefit whatsoever for the club, so would be unlikely to repeat that mistake.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I predict no decision to be made before the end of the season. Carter will be holding out for something, as I do think sharing with us is a last resort.

However, saying that, if they do come we must need some notice to start making changes I.e terrace at the other side, possible new turnstiles/bogs ??

I think they can only squeeze 1600 into the overblown bus shelter if it rains Fred, which it does a lot! So if Leeds come to visit most will have to stand on milk crates on Owl lane :onthequiet:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

What do you think the attendances would be if they come to your place?  Will their fans follow them or desert them?

The simple answer is we don't know Fred - only the Wakefield fans could realistically predict their response to such a change.

PM is quite wrong of course (isn't he always - it must be some sort of unprofessional pride) in that the end terrace will be fully segregated from the South Stand by next season, hence allowing the capacity to be increased. This work is progressing notwithstanding Wakefield's arrival - if the do come then it is likely that terracing will also need to be installed at the Western end to comply with SL requirements. (I can't imagine how much work will be needed at Mount Pleasant when they gain promotion.)

The simple answer is we don't know Fred - only the Wakefield fans could realistically predict their response to such a change.

PM is quite wrong of course (isn't he always - it must be some sort of unprofessional pride) in that the end terrace will be fully segregated from the South Stand by next season, hence allowing the capacity to be increased. This work is progressing notwithstanding Wakefield's arrival - if the do come then it is likely that terracing will also need to be installed at the Western end to comply with SL requirements. (I can't imagine how much work will be needed at Mount Pleasant when they gain promotion.)

Segregation will be available next season! Does that mean we can stick the 200 Dewsbury fans that turn up to watch Batley win can be shoved at the windy end (And I don't mean the bit where Coolie stands). :stinker:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Dewsbury will have priority.

Ha ha :lol:

Your jokes are always the best Tranqulizer

Segregation will be available next season! Does that mean we can stick the 200 Dewsbury fans that turn up to watch Batley win can be shoved at the windy end (And I don't mean the bit where Coolie stands). :stinker:

ha ha we have had a poor season and still get bigger attendances than you no 500 crowds for us :tongue:

we had better crowds when we were in a division below.Lets face your team deserves better support then what you lot give.

I have a feeling that the dogs may have better crowds than us next season - but not necessarily increased attendances. Lets face it, we have dwindling attendances this year with a team that, poor as they have been, will still be stronger than next seasons, given our almost certain financial constraints.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

we had better crowds when we were in a division below.Lets face your team deserves better support then what you lot give.

Us lot, give our club incredible, loyal and generally unstinting support, much as 'you lot' give your club. It is those residents of our towns who would not be considered to be 'us lot' who need to be enticed through the turnstiles.

Dewsbury Trinity has a certain ring to it!

But not the Dreadnought Rams!

Off topic but are the gates shared in the next rounds.

No, unfortunately for Batley (Oh dear!!).

ha ha we have had a poor season and still get bigger attendances than you no 500 crowds for us :tongue:

spot on....you are up there in the 600's

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

No, unfortunately for Batley (Oh dear!!).

as you know.....we don't need the money.....

I heard Leeds are being generous though....and we will get a few bob from our match at Headingly.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

as you know.....we don't need the money.....

I heard Leeds are being generous though....and we will get a few bob from our match at Headingly.....

Typical of Garry Hetherington - generous to a fault I hear.

Archived