Wakefield knocking on our door ...again

andyram

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Batleys average attendance is 32 higher than Dewsburys?

So Batley have enjoyed the best story in rugby league, beat nearly everyone in the league, had games on tv and on average only have 32 people more in the ground than Dewsbury who have disappointed many fans, haven't been on tv, lost their 'star player' early in the season. Yes, I would say that's definitely 1-0 DD.

Yeah great isn't it!

BTW I thought it was 5 - nil

I spelt nil for dramatic effect ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

So Batleys average attendance is 32 higher than Dewsburys?

So Batley have enjoyed the best story in rugby league, beat nearly everyone in the league, had games on tv and on average only have 32 people more in the ground than Dewsbury who have disappointed many fans, haven't been on tv, lost their 'star player' early in the season. Yes, I would say that's definitely 1-0 DD.

Thank you. ;)

My point for posting this was simply in response to one poster who stated that your attendances were higher! Not this season they weren't, and of course they shouldn't have been after our contrasting seasons.

However, I have made my point often on here, that arguing over who has the best attendances is futile. Neither club gets them flocking in, despite what we all think of the product on offer. Neither club can ever be complacent about attendances and related finances connected to this.

So please don't think I am trying to score any cheap points here, far from it, unlike the poster who brought up the subject of attendances.

Thank you. ;)

My point for posting this was simply in response to one poster who stated that your attendances were higher! Not this season they weren't, and of course they shouldn't have been after our contrasting seasons.

However, I have made my point often on here, that arguing over who has the best attendances is futile. Neither club gets them flocking in, despite what we all think of the product on offer. Neither club can ever be complacent about attendances and related finances connected to this.

So please don't think I am trying to score any cheap points here, far from it, unlike the poster who brought up the subject of attendances.

The expression that I have used before is "two bald men arguing over a comb".

Sadly the attendances for both clubs have changed little for the better for more than a decade, so looking at only one season is fairly meaningless. We aren't in competition with each other for spectators but with other sports and with disinterest in general.

Naturally, I blame summer rugby.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well if it's marketed right might tempt a few wakefield fans to our games and ours to theirs

Don't run a A team

Or run a combined A team

Even dual reg with them

I'd let their fans in for a fiver to our games and if they do the same it could be a friends with benefits partnership

Plenty of scope to piggy back both clubs to the public

Were gonna need some platform to sell our season tickets a free sweetener

This could be it

If it's done right ;)

Well if it's marketed right might tempt a few wakefield fans to our games and ours to theirs

Don't run a A team

Or run a combined A team

Even dual reg with them

I'd let their fans in for a fiver to our games and if they do the same it could be a friends with benefits partnership

Plenty of scope to piggy back both clubs to the public

Were gonna need some platform to sell our season tickets a free sweetener

This could be it

If it's done right ;)

Your reference to "friends with benefits" combined with "piggy backed" leaves me feeling rather queasy.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It's an opportunity that's gotta be milked and we've to have the upper hand in the deal..not wakefield, their our lodgers not our masters in our own ground.

Ya gotta be ruthless when it comes to brass ;)

Absolutely .... we keep the best bedroom ... they can have the sofa ... and nowts for free!!!  I do like the idea of incentives for rams season ticket holders though .... as there isn't much of a clash between S.L. and the  Championship  on game days, 

It's an opportunity that's gotta be milked and we've to have the upper hand in the deal..not wakefield, their our lodgers not our masters in our own ground.

Ya gotta be ruthless when it comes to brass ;)

Yep. Unfortunately bookies are reknowned for being a soft touch.

Have been over the last few coaches

A year in the job too long ;)

Yep. Batley should have sacked theirs last season too.

Just looking through Wakeys attendances for this season .... a best of just over 7000 .... what would our capacity be with terracing on the west side? ....  I am guessing just over 6000 ..... and I am not sure our floodlights are up to S.L. requirements either.....   Would it be feasible for Wakey to share?? 

Just looking through Wakeys attendances for this season .... a best of just over 7000 .... what would our capacity be with terracing on the west side? .... I am guessing just over 6000 ..... and I am not sure our floodlights are up to S.L. requirements either..... Would it be feasible for Wakey to share??

I'm guessing there's a few things that's to be added to the variables

The wakefield fans who say "I'm not going to dewsbury "

Owt over 5000 at wakefield are tourists.

For the big games (if there is such a thing involving wakefield)

Tickets will have to be sold

I hope they come and earn us a few bob.

Always said I'll see john kear at rams stadium one day

Next season might be it ;)

Just looking through Wakeys attendances for this season .... a best of just over 7000 .... what would our capacity be with terracing on the west side? ....  I am guessing just over 6000 ..... and I am not sure our floodlights are up to S.L. requirements either.....   Would it be feasible for Wakey to share?? 

I'm not privy to any of the discussions that have taken place with Wakefield but I do have a hunch that these considerations might already have been made. Or maybe I'm just naive.

I'm not privy to any of the discussions that have taken place with Wakefield but I do have a hunch that these considerations might already have been made. Or maybe I'm just naive.

Right because rugby league club management always make sound sensible non political financial decisions! :sarcastic:

Right because rugby league club management always make sound sensible non political financial decisions! :sarcastic:

When its their own money then they would be wise to do so, don't you think?

Well heard nowt except the new owners have earmarked the site for a new development

In their words "we thought it would be nice to utilise the land to bring something more interesting than watching wakefield trinity wildcats"

They say the new watching paint dry facility should be ready for the public by 2017

Boasting a vast array of colours from deep purple to moody blue

But as we know

Simply red....amber & black

Is the only way forward ;)

Archived