Wakefield knocking on our door ...again

andyram

New poster to this forum

I had to post after seeing the Wakefield site on RL fans apparently some of there fans have the idea that the sharing with us is actually them obtaining a 51% share and becoming the owners,leaving us the tenants !!

I know the wakey fans do live in a strange dream world when talk of stadiums begins its yearly round but I think , if they do come , some strict rules need to be put in place.

1. Money for rent etc up front for full year

2. No boards saying Wakefield play here or implying the ground has anything to do with them.

3. No office space at the ground... Its not yours find your own space

4. All bar and match day takings are ours, even down to using our stewards and paying for the privilege

Remember it is our ground , if we rent it out, its on our terms and for our benefit. We are not a charity, not doing it as favour, it has to be a business decision which makes us a profit.

If not I would say thanks for your enquiry but no thanks

Bang on the button

Couldn't agree more :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they purchase a 51% ownership of the ground, wouldn't Wakey own 51%?

After all there's no smoke without fire... 

Especially if I've got the matchbox :devil:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good post horbury ram. Can't believe some of there fans think 51% of our ground will be there's????

Well it will - for a couple of hours  when they are playing the Rhino's or Wigan.  ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Good post horbury ram. Can't believe some of there fans think 51% of our ground will be there's????

To be fair it was one poster who was shot down. It seems this issue will rumble on a fair bit yet.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

• 2 weeks later...

Yup

Wakefield are so so gullible when it comes to new grounds and redevelopments

Closely followed by castleford ;)

Not to mention the RFL!

Wakefield aren't the gullible ones, believe me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived