After the horse has Bolted?

With no commitment now to the Community Board does it appear there has been a change of stance by the Yorkshire Juniors Secretary with an e mail sent to all Yorkshire Juniors clubs, how many votes, how many threats have we had or as we all think gagged by the RFL to toe the party line

Hi all, i have been thinking regards our playing season and how it has gone over the last few years since changing to Summer and i think there are some flaws in the present season and when we play so i would like your thought on my thoughts of a new structure which would be exactly the same months so not entering winter just re jigging it.

My thought are we start the season the 3rd weekend in September and play until the last weekend in October and competitive leagues would play 5 league games and 1 cup game (there would be no postponements allowed in this period). This would be the start of the season and give teams time to regroup after school holidays (registrations etc).

November, December, January, February would be for BARLA Cup games for those that wish to play in the competition.

The season would then re commence the 1st weekend in March and run through to end of July (whichever dates the schools close) and in between there will be dates for other school holidays and Bank Holidays Cup weekends and any other dates that come.

This would let the players and coaches have a purpose in September instead of teams withdrawing if they are bottom of the leagues or cannot get numbers because the players don't want to play if there is nothing for them to play for and then when they return in March it is still early in the season to re start playing for something. It will also give the Management over the Nov-Feb to look at the results in Sep-Oct and make any movement needed so hopefully we can set a full league structure from March so everyone knows what is happening fixture wise. This would also bring everyone back in line with players playing in their correct age group all season where as now they play up for a couple of months Sep-Oct.

As i said these are my thoughts so nothing will be decided and even if agreed would not come in until September 2017 but i would appreciate your thoughts regards this because if you want to stay as we are that is also fine.    

Regards
Charlie Bray
General Secretary to
Milford Sports Club & Yorkshire Junior & Youth League
Junior and Youth Representative

Forum users have stopped coming on because everything ends back at a discussion about summer and winter and here we go again.

I would ask

• The RFL were offered a similar playing season, with the first part lasting till at least the end of November making use of the better weather at this time of the year, a break and during that time Yorkshire/Lancashire Cups, National Cups and even Yorkshire/Lancashire/Cumbria games (This was dismissed)
  • The NW counties tried a winter break which was a success (Again Ignored)
  • Switch to summer for less postponements: Would it be right to say there have been no less postponements if not more for other reasons as well as the weather
  • Switch to summer for better standards: I was talking to a well known figure in local RL who says the standards throughout the game have never been as low, Hull merging the scholarship due to lack of quality players.
  • You will have that many players you wont know what to do with them: This is not the case less and less teams are playing even the good idea of Entry leagues have more or less disappeared along with the Under 17 and 18's
  • Revenue will increase: Because of the amount of spectators coming to the games creating revenue behind the bar, in reality spectators have reduced at the majority of games with less people going in the clubhouses creating problems for cash flow. 

When you have Lock Lane travelling with 13 players for an NCL game with no A team and Under 17/18, West Hull struggling to put out 2 teams with no 18/17  you know the game is in trouble.

The switch has decimated the Pennine and the Hull Winter leagues, less teams in the NWC few new teams and clubs and less and less NCL teams meeting the minimum criteria of the the NCL of an "A" team or Under 18

Nothing has changed, nothing may change, things would need to change, would it be better? , it it too late? but is it the first sign the RFL may have backed the wrong horse

We are addressing the problem in the Nw ,looking at what we provide it terms of meaningful competition for as many clubs as possible not just the elite .

The proposal from Yorkshire Juniors is comical to say the least and does not address the issues .

It makes me smile as Defender points out , how come

this been proposed after Mr Bray after he leaves the community board and why when the community leagues rep did he not engage with the leagues he was purported to represent Discuss the playing season instead of agreeing with everything the RFL proposed ?

We are addressing the problem in the Nw ,looking at what we provide it terms of meaningful competition for as many clubs as possible not just the elite .

The proposal from Yorkshire Juniors is comical to say the least and does not address the issues .

It makes me smile as Defender points out , how come

this been proposed after Mr Bray after he leaves the community board and why when the community leagues rep did he not engage with the leagues he was purported to represent Discuss the playing season instead of agreeing with everything the RFL proposed ?

Has the 10k run out :)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Well things have taken a turn for the worse in Cumbria and fixtures in our top league are not being fulfilled.

2 of the top teams (glasson and maryport) will not be travelling this weekend because they haven't got 1st team numbers, Seaton didnt travel a couple of weeks ago and a lot of teams in the CARLA league are seriously struggling.

Half of our games this year we have travelled with less than 17 players.

Youth numbers are down significantly as well

Dont have any answers as to what to do as I think its a combination of factors.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Well things have taken a turn for the worse in Cumbria and fixtures in our top league are not being fulfilled.

2 of the top teams (glasson and maryport) will not be travelling this weekend because they haven't got 1st team numbers, Seaton didnt travel a couple of weeks ago and a lot of teams in the CARLA league are seriously struggling.

Half of our games this year we have travelled with less than 17 players.

Youth numbers are down significantly as well

Dont have any answers as to what to do as I think its a combination of factors.

The frustrating thing is people are paid to come up with "answers" it is their job , most of us are volunteers we come up with possible ideas that are ignored, as I have said numerous times until the RFL admit there may be a problem nothing will change.

It was a nice idea but the stark reality is the move to Summer as not repaired the game .

The game had been in decline before the switch let's not kid ourselves but the garlic bread moment has evaporated .

Our own people need to take their heads out of the sand and start facing facts .

It's time for a proper full game review with the community people being listened too and respected .Dont like saying I told you so but I did and was ridiculed for my views .

It was a nice idea but the stark reality is the move to Summer as not repaired the game .

The game had been in decline before the switch let's not kid ourselves but the garlic bread moment has evaporated .

Our own people need to take their heads out of the sand and start facing facts .

It's time for a proper full game review with the community people being listened too and respected .Dont like saying I told you so but I did and was ridiculed for my views .

As I have said for a number of years the winter game was in decline as TAXI says, nothing was done to reduce the decline, sorry the switch to summer was the answer but it has not worked. As a game we have massive issues but the RFL are not on the bandwagon, as a game we are are struggling but nobody admits the issue

I went to an away NCL game today,it was said the least amount of people this year, hospitality was spot on for the few people who attended

Bowes what's gone wrong at the next club being looked at by the NCL (Doncaster Toll Bar) less than 18 months ago (Without Moorends players) they ran two open-aged teams in the winter and now struggle to field 13 players.

I went to watch them a few weeks ago and they had 16 players at home, the week after I watched them at Norland, they had,15 players, this week they played away and only took 14 players after phoning round to fill shirts.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Bowes what's gone wrong at the next club being looked at by the NCL (Doncaster Toll Bar) less than 18 months ago (Without Moorends players) they ran two open-aged teams in the winter and now struggle to field 13 players.

I went to watch them a few weeks ago and they had 16 players at home, the week after I watched them at Norland, they had,15 players, this week they played away and only took 14 players after phoning round to fill shirts.

"Tumble Weed" or is it the concern coming out of Red Hall?

Archived