Dewsbury Match

Supporter

It doesn't take much to work out that when RC asked him for an interview the hot topic of the week would be brought up.

All he had to say was they were in a bit of a hole for whatever reason and they'd like their supporters to back them in whatever way they can, the players and staff were all pulling in the same direction. The players had been fantastic and done the business on the pitch and the support the lads had from the fans was excellent and he hoped that for next week the fans that hadn't been down today would come and support the club next week in the derby. But all we got was "NO" and an uncomfortable silence.

I don't want to give Mark a hard time as he's put a huge amount into the club and its massively appreciated, but this can be handled in a much different way that engages the supporters instead of alienating them.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

The players have took a bit of stick this week but to a man they were good yesterday and that was the Callum Phillips that we signed , a dynamic running half who slices through forwards, and karl ostrum was somewhere near his aggressive best, the pack ran hard and apart from forcing the plays too early in the tackle count we were much better than Dewsbury who i thought were very average and i felt we were going to win throughout the game. The crowd was so disappointing 492 and regardless of who's in charge and what your opinion is the supporters need to keep banging the drum and get old supporters down to the ground next week and beat haven on front of 1000 plus which will help the coffers no end.

I too have some sympathy for the beleaguered Mr Fryer;I guess he feels at this stage if he does try and engage it will just attract abuse? That's the only reason I can think of.

As for income streams can I suggest that the car parking attendant doesn't pack in at 2:50 pm; maybe give it another 15 mins or so? I looked for club contact details on the web site to suggest this but unlike every other team in the championship unless I'm mistaken.......there aren't any.

just this last week M Fryer made a statement in the press and went as far as I suppose he could , maybe saying too much on the radio or in the press isnt wise at times regarding internal goings on ,like all business's , player matters , Employee issues and sponsorship deals and talks etc all have contractual legal implications if something is said the wrong way or interpreted the wrong way . The players available seem to be standing up to the situation and its a good platform to build on going into the derby .

Well done yesterday lads, you all showed some pride in the shirt and played until the final minute, great to see Shacks jumping up and down with that final try from Gee, that shows me that people want to play for the Town !!!! special mention for Doran and Olstrum, Jamie really took them on yesterday and Karl tackled anything that moved, would like to see Matty on longer he steady's things up and his go forward makes good yards, young T just gets better, if he was 11st he would be a real-un :taunt:  

Nice to hear the fans getting behind the lads, more off it this week, let's really get behind them folks.

UTT

Having Stack missing has impacted on us as he is the talisman who motivates the players around him. Having said that Olstrum is hitting his straps again after a bad ankle injury made worse by turning out on a swamp at the Rec and Matty Gee scored a great late try that had all the hallmarks of a Stack special. Hope the resurrection  hasn't come too late. Worst case scenario is that if we go down we could have 3 "derbies" - Newcastle,Jam, and Barrow if they fail to get promoted. Small consolation I know but probably enough to get me turning up if that turns out to be the case. 

Listened to the game on radio.....

On what frequency was it broadcast as Ibtried to listen whilst watching the game?

Congratulations to Town on a deserved win. I thought it was deserved with a good defence and your lads made good yards with the ball, unlike my lot who lacked leadership and composure at times. Daft thing is I think we would have won if Walshaw had scored; then we would have been ten or twelve points ahead. Instead, the no-score seemed to spur Town on and we saw what happened.

The victory was applauded not only by Town fans, but also by a number of Dewsbury supporters too.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On what frequency was it broadcast as Ibtried to listen whilst watching the game?

Congratulations to Town on a deserved win. I thought it was deserved with a good defence and your lads made good yards with the ball, unlike my lot who lacked leadership and composure at times. Daft thing is I think we would have won if Walshaw had scored; then we would have been ten or twelve points ahead. Instead, the no-score seemed to spur Town on and we saw what happened.

The victory was applauded not only by Town fans, but also by a number of Dewsbury supporters too.

1458AM

Archived