Brexit the positive thread

I was a little surprised to learn that Ferguson had supported the Remain campaign.

He is an educated enough man that we can assume that he is well informed and has thought his point through.  It does not mean that we should change our mind immediately, it is a political rather than a scientific argument.  If anyone was arguing that everyone on the Leave side was stupid and ill-informed, this would help refute that notion.  That notion itself would have been based on the idea we were studying science rather than a political issue.

I am sceptical of the idea he has been eagerly and openly listening to the man at the pub.  Besides, most pubs were reasonably split (even in St Helens) unless we accept that notion that only Leave supporters are real people.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sceptical of the idea he has been eagerly and openly listening to the man at the pub.  Besides, most pubs were reasonably split (even in St Helens) unless we accept that notion that only Leave supporters are real people.

Of course they are!

This morning, some news channels like Euronews, CNN, Bloomberg etc positively commented on the report that the British Chamber of Commerce have announced that UK growth will be stronger than previously thought this year, post Brexit, with a growth rate of 2.1%, up from a previous prediction of 1.8%, but they thought that that momentum might slow over the next couple of years with growth of 1% next year, and  growth 1.4% in 2018.

However, on reporting the same story, the headline on the BBC News page is - 'UK's current GDP growth rate won't last, warns business body.'

Amazing. I bet you won't see this trumpeted in the Guardian though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

There are some nutters on both sides... on the remain there's Griff9, ckn and have you got a mirror GJ?

(Sorry lads couldnt resist)

And before anyone says owt I know you can put me in that category too.

What's that saying about "You don't have to be mad to be here..?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

There are some nutters on both sides... on the remain there's Griff9, ckn and have you got a mirror GJ?

I prefer to think of us as the three wise men. :P

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

By implication, I shall consider myself sane.  Thank you!

I now have licence to doom-monger to my heart's content.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I think it was a self selecting poll so shouldn't really be used as an indicator of anything.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The Telegraph - Record exports of British goods rose by £2.1bn to £26.8bn in October, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

This is the highest level since records began in 1997, and was boosted by strong goods exports to non-EU countries, which jumped to a record £14.4bn.

The increase also pushed up total exports of 'goods and services' to a record level of £46.4bn.

The Telegraph - Record exports of British goods rose by £2.1bn to £26.8bn in October, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

This is the highest level since records began in 1997, and was boosted by strong goods exports to non-EU countries, which jumped to a record £14.4bn.

The increase also pushed up total exports of 'goods and services' to a record level of £46.4bn.

Great, but it's only half a story; we import far more than we export therefore the aggregation of import vs export puts us well down.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Great, but it's only half a story; we import far more than we export therefore the aggregation of import vs export puts us well down.

Aww! You are so cruel! He was enjoying himself. Leave him alone.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

That would be by an increase of about 25%, which is rather less than the fall in value of the pound.

This is an excellent article and gives some real insight into the the thinking of Theresa May: My brawl over Brexit with Prime Minister, Theresa May

"I am a middle-aged family woman and lifetime Conservative voter – I have no history of political activism or agitation. Although after our meeting, I suspect I may find myself on some kind of blacklist. What is for certain is that I will not be voting for Theresa May ever again.

Things all started when I sent an initial email to her constituency office, expressing my concerns about Brexit. I received a reply from her which said: “We’re going to bang the drum for Britain!”

Yes, it really did say that. I wrote back to say that I considered this a somewhat unsatisfactory response. It was then that she invited me to meet her at her constituency surgery for a quarter of an hour, face-to-face meeting, during her constituency surgery. This is where it all kicked off."

I wonder how much of what we export has been imported!

I know we've seen a marked increase in exports on the darts we sell, but none are manufactured in the UK, so as we restock the increased price we pay makes our prices very unattractive to the foreign market.

Archived