York to Fold?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to assist I'm afraid but RL has a number of teams that is disproportionately reliant upon one individual making the decisions and ensuring the cash flow. Not sure on the financial arrangements at York or why an individual might be motivated to ensure such a stand off, or indeed be prepared to see a team loved by its fans fold on a point of principle, or maybe there are other reasons?

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Why can't the fixtures be redrawn to allow for a shared ground issue and play Donny midweek before the last scheduled game?

Donny shouldn't have the disadvantage of having to play two games in a week

York need to find a venue to play at this weekend. They've known since May about a potential issue and have had no backup plan. Shoddy management at its best

Talk of York folding just seems like playing hardball. It's only 1 fixture that this clash is occurring about, right. Worst case scenario is they could just relinquish the points?

From what I can tell, it may be 2 or 3 fixtures.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

So the RFL are responsible for how the owner of York runs his business how?

They can declare the owner unfit to be an owner of an affiliated club, this helps how? 

What do you expect the governing body to have done and do you know that they have not offered to help?

It was the RFL who sent out a task force to find new owners for The Crusaders when the owner in Bridgend wanted out.

Despite warnings from the fans of soccer club Wrexham FC they handed the club over to Moss and Roberts while the CEO,who welcomed the club,was sent to prison for a bit of dishonesty.

They only discovered Barrow misdemeanours when a player went back to Australia and told the story.

The RFL got involved at Bradford before their problems were made public.

I could go on but this is the governing body which is losing clubs and spectators.

I am certain the RFL are involved in the current situation at York,but the owner has been involved in a wide and varied set of controversial circumstances with the last one being the barring of a supporter who went out of his way to resurrect the club after York Wasps folded.

Even the Football Association went from a Fit and Proper Persons test to an Owners and Directors Test to try and improve the image and ensure things go more smoothly.

Under the RFL the sport just lurches from one crisis to another.

The RFL,of course,waxed lyrical about Northampton having a side join League 1.The guy who was going to be allowed in is under investigation for his conduct at Northampton FC and a missing 10 million pounds.

Yea.It's all positive publicity for rugby league.It never ends. 

There are 2 sets of supporters who have been let down,York and Doncaster,when the York owner was informed 2 months ago of the date not being suitable for the use of the soccer stadium.

The governing body should be aware of all the clubs who share their stadia and monitor the availabilty with the dates of future games.

Or,when an owner of a club falls out so spectacularly with the local council,ensure that everything possible is done to mediate at the earliest opportunity.

There are more clubs than Bradford Bulls... 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Trying to help to sort out a clubs problem does not make you responsible for the problem.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

They could find other grounds to play at I'm sure but the owner doesn't want to so the club has to fold and he can take action against the Council. Ruining the club that was on a roll an will take years to bounce back from I would guess. The Council may not be 100% innocent either but its JG who is the main architect of this.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

The council are claiming that they can't turn the pitch around in the 24 hours between games despite that being the agreement

Spotland's ground staff once turned the stadium round the same day: football kick off at 3.00, league Kick-off 7.pm. So it's possible. 24 hour turn round is pretty standard in shared stadia. Seems the issue is that there are two contracts - one twixt the knights and the council and one twixt council and the football club. All parties need to waive the contract terms for four games/two months. I know that the Knights had a bit of a bumpy ride getting in on the new stadium deal (I only know what I read, so unable to comment further) - but if this situation has been brought about because the council wants both clubs sharing a new stadium, then it's in the interests of all parties in this particular situation to do what's best for the three way relationship.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Spotland's ground staff once turned the stadium round the same day: football kick off at 3.00, league Kick-off 7.pm. So it's possible. 24 hour turn round is pretty standard in shared stadia. Seems the issue is that there are two contracts - one twixt the knights and the council and one twixt council and the football club. All parties need to waive the contract terms for four games/two months. I know that the Knights had a bit of a bumpy ride getting in on the new stadium deal (I only know what I read, so unable to comment further) - but if this situation has been brought about because the council wants both clubs sharing a new stadium, then it's in the interests of all parties in this particular situation to do what's best for the three way relationship.

Problem is, the owner doesn't negotiate. He works in brinkmanship, lies, blackmail and threats. The last Labour council binned him off and that was widely publicised as the reason why and he only got back in because the new Lib Dems/Conservative coalistion thought it was a vote winner. Twice already this season they've had to bend the contract for him but it seems they've had a bellyfull of him now too.

The bloke is an absolute cancer on the game and the sport would be a better place without him.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived