22 Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • St Helens

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roby over. Game over.

Try of the match, right at the death.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nobody else think LMS bit him? Look at his reaction just after the hair pull. He is in pain

Frank Paul ain't used to LMS and his sledging, he just fell for it, Wane can't have warned him.

Roby finishes it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Well after 50 years of watching RL I think that's it! Never thought I would be so bored watching a Wigan v Saints game. Such limited journeymen players bashing into each other not a move or piece of skill in sight. There isn't a player in either team who would get into the teams of the past. Wigan look like the policy is born in Wigan first, good enough to play for Wigan second. Obviously Saints fans agree, they can't even fill the away end anymore. The whole SL system has made the game poorer when crowds are so poor and Hull are the best team. The aim was to make an even, balanced competition and they have succeeded, unfortunately all the teams are equally poor. Bash, bash, bash for a few tackles then kick and hope.

Well after 50 years of watching RL I think that's it! Never thought I would be so bored watching a Wigan v Saints game. Such limited journeymen players bashing into each other not a move or piece of skill in sight. There isn't a player in either team who would get into the teams of the past. Wigan look like the policy is born in Wigan first, good enough to play for Wigan second. Obviously Saints fans agree, they can't even fill the away end anymore. The whole SL system has made the game poorer when crowds are so poor and Hull are the best team. The aim was to make an even, balanced competition and they have succeeded, unfortunately all the teams are equally poor. Bash, bash, bash for a few tackles then kick and hope.

Thought it was a great game myself. Maybe go watch 7's if that's what you're after

Usual dig at the ref from the Silverback there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

"Phil let them get away with it"

Sheesh.

Best night of the season for us so far. Extremely proud of that effort.

FPN is a hot head who gives away silly penalties. That's nothing new for him, but I'm sure he'll be a powerful presence when he gets up to speed. Classless not to shake hands though.

The whole SL system has made the game poorer when crowds are so poor and Hull are the best team. 

That's a nice comment, is it not right for fans of clubs like mine to enjoy a bit of success for a change?

What a bitter man you seem to be.

Why don't you watch wrestling if that's a good game to you? Obviously you are a recent viewer.

About ten years. Correlation between fans giving up the game and Wigan losing is pretty high

Why don't you watch wrestling if that's a good game to you? Obviously you are a recent viewer.

Another well thought out remark.

You have no idea who BBR is or how long he/she has been watching our great sport.

Take a deep breath and relax, it might do you good mate.

Haven't seen the game, but a Saints win was not unexpected. I assume Wigan got away with lots of foul play, intimidated the Ref, got lots of decisions, but still not good enough to win.

Wow, you sure you didn't see it? 

A fantastic assessment of the 80 minutes.

:biggrin:  ;)

Wigan can't blame anyone but themselves for that. Too many unforced errors against a team that obviously wanted to win. Saints not lacking in errors themselves to begin with, but they sorted oh it out while Wigan continued to play the same, dumb way. Well done to Saints on learning on the hoof and adapting their play.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Or Lomax? Best ballplaying fullback in Super League currently at the minute. If only he was a bit faster!

He looked more physical tonight to me too. I wonder if he bulked up his upper body when he was out with the leg injuries? I'm impressed. 

Wigan can't blame anyone but themselves for that. Too many unforced errors against a team that obviously wanted to win. Saints not lacking in errors themselves to begin with, but they sorted oh it out while Wigan continued to play the same, dumb way. Well done to Saints on learning on the hoof and adapting their play.

About time you gave up watching, Griff mate.

About ten years. Correlation between fans giving up the game and Wigan losing is pretty high

So basically just the very recent SL era. I think you will find that when Wigan were even poorer, crowds remained healthy. Interesting to see that Saints aren't one of the top teams at the moment and they didn't fill the away end? Now that's a correlation. Mind you, I can't remember the last time anyone had enough support to populate the away end.

As for Old Frightful's comments as I suspected BBR has very limited RL experience so I prefer the word knowledgeable to bitter.

Archived