Oldham Match

Supporter

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from the match and what a cracker again, everyone was praying for the hooter to go !!!!

Good following from the Townies, well done all.

Liam Maca played well, as did Olly, Gee and Shacks, Matty again steadied the ship when he came back on, off to long in my humble option tho, JS kicking was spot on and his only blip was the final pass to Dec, would have been a super try tho, picked the ball from a cross field kick then ran up the wing but his la legs just ran out of gas !!!!!

Nice little ground Oldham have and a nice little slope ;)

All in all a great day again, the great escape continues

Well done Town , well done Phil :drinks:   

Just back from the match and what a cracker again, everyone was praying for the hooter to go !!!!

Good following from the Townies, well done all.

Liam Maca played well, as did Olly, Gee and Shacks, Matty again steadied the ship when he came back on, off to long in my humble option tho, JS kicking was spot on and his only blip was the final pass to Dec, would have been a super try tho, picked the ball from a cross field kick then ran up the wing but his la legs just ran out of gas !!!!!

Nice little ground Oldham have and a nice little slope ;)

All in all a great day again, the great escape continues

Well done Town , well done Phil :drinks:   

Surely a word of praise for Carl Forber ? Came back from the cold with a solid game and his kicking out of hand was like the Buffer of old. Also Liam who kept dragging himself back into the fray despite looking like a car crash victim. Just hope J.P. Can make it back for the run-in though didn't look good. 

Surely a word of praise for Carl Forber ? Came back from the cold with a solid game and his kicking out of hand was like the Buffer of old. Also Liam who kept dragging himself back into the fray despite looking like a car crash victim. Just hope J.P. Can make it back for the run-in though didn't look good.

is carter or sam likely to feature again this year?

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Well done to your guys today. Deserved the win and half backs made the difference. Ours playing together for the first time and yours superb. Our old boy Forber had a cracker and Sammut is class. Obviously want us to stay up but really hope at least one Cumbrian side stays up with us.  ;)

Well done to your guys today. Deserved the win and half backs made the difference. Ours playing together for the first time and yours superb. Our old boy Forber had a cracker and Sammut is class. Obviously want us to stay up but really hope at least one Cumbrian side stays up with us.  ;)

Thanks for that Tosh- takes cojones to post this after today. Pleased you endorse my rap for Forber -outstanding club man but under appreciated in some quarters. Hope we both stay up - Roughyeds have even more history than Town so I'd like us to still be locking horns next season. 

Your right SS , I should have mentioned Carl he did play well he didn't let anyone down and fitted in really well, will have given him loads of confidence. Liam was my MOM ran and tackled all day, and big Tom had his best game in my opinion, hope both our wing men are ok, both took heavy knocks, think I am going to need a new ticker going into these 8s mind !!!!!!

Well done to all the boys, really hard won and deserved victory, but we keep making silly errors that let teams back into games......

We look a different team when Matty is on the field....we are yards quicker from play the ball etc and have much more go forward.

Cracking grubber from Buffer to set up try in top right corner, And yeah, big rap to Liam, thought he was gone at least twice, looked a nasty wound but he came back and back and put in some great hits.

Oh and just to complete the victory Town also won the half time draw, bit of a anti climax though,   had to wait more than 20 minutes outside until some guy finally turned up with a few tenners in his hand.

At least Michael takes THE board round so you know what you have won??

just a quick thought for next season . regardless of which league we will be in , if some of our players are out for the season and need operations , they need to be done now , we don t want to get caught cold like this season with more than half a dozen players unavailable when the season kicks off .

just a quick thought for next season . regardless of which league we will be in , if some of our players are out for the season and need operations , they need to be done now , we don t want to get caught cold like this season with more than half a dozen players unavailable when the season kicks off .

its a fair point but i think we will need to see which league we will be in as the drop could see a bit of an exodus.

its a fair point but i think we will need to see which league we will be in as the drop could see a bit of an exodus.

Thankfully we have a strong contingent of locals who form the backbone of the team and I can't see many of them shipping out to clubs outside the county. As for our nearest and dearest-- their current plight is hardly making them a magnet for our players . Lets hope the problem is academic and we can continue the revival. 

Thankfully we have a strong contingent of locals who form the backbone of the team and I can't see many of them shipping out to clubs outside the county. As for our nearest and dearest-- their current plight is hardly making them a magnet for our players . Lets hope the problem is academic and we can continue the revival.

yes lets stay posotive and look forward to the 8's

Not even back yet! But what a win, fans were outstanding all game and the players show pride and passion and stuck in for a very vital 2 points, roll on the 8s! Upthetown

What time did you get back and any news on the injured party?

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

What time did you get back and any news on the injured party?

Arrived back in Workington at 11:30, the injured guy, messaged Monday morning saying he was better but still in a lot of pain, someone was going for him as he was getting discharged from the hospital

Good set of highlights them. Well played to oldham for doing a good job on them. Its a good job we held on for the win after bombing jarrods intercept.

Well played Town. I guess I'm going to have to get to a few of the away games now to add to the vocals.

The fact some of the top teams in the 8's haven't a great deal to play for may throw up a few unexpected results. With confidence justifiably running high maybe our turn to be on the end of a few for a change!

Every half of football involving Town seems to go on for 50 minutes now!

On the day, I noticed it was quite unique that a game should last 100 minutes.

We shouldn't complain because we were privileged  to watch Jarrod performing his carefully timed and composed kicking.

His  graceful routine was rudely interrupted on one point by an impolite Oldham lady demanding:

"Get on with it"

So rude I know, but it was the best laugh of the afternoon.

We all look forward to him progressing his career, possibly as a contestant on Strictly.

On the day, I noticed it was quite unique that a game should last 100 minutes.

We shouldn't complain because we were privileged to watch Jarrod performing his carefully timed and composed kicking.

His graceful routine was rudely interrupted on one point by an impolite Oldham lady demanding:

"Get on with it"

So rude I know, but it was the best laugh of the afternoon.

We all look forward to him progressing his career, possibly as a contestant on Strictly.

more chance of him getting tackled on strictly than there is in the championship

more chance of him getting tackled on strictly than there is in the championship

that is a fact Wonky , oh and given the prospect that both inform sammut and callum will playing off a big in form town pack who battered oldhams forwards last week I know which side I'd rather be on 

Archived