Workington Town Legacy Initiative

pensioner

I totally agree Ginock1, the club are asking for help and then you cant give them it !!! was only pointing out that Tony is always at hand and I am sure would have sorted something out if the office couldn't, but ye it should better I agree.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't having a go at you mate I'm just a bit taken aback and disappointed...... there is people who get wages down there isn't there and they should be driving this home, training the staff or getting things in place......to say ring back is unbelievable, not give me your details and I'll get this resolved, I'm annoyed , it's a joke , I've literally been at my friends , family just to donate a 10er and they don't even support town and we've got people who want to hand over 100 notes and we respond like that.

Not a dig because i also think haven will be sailing close to the wind aswell but is the 10k target a figure needed to cover the next 2 months wages etc or is it funding to keep the club going into the next season with the hope of getting a lot more than 10k

Wasn't having a go at you mate I'm just a bit taken aback and disappointed...... there is people who get wages down there isn't there and they should be driving this home, training the staff or getting things in place......to say ring back is unbelievable, not give me your details and I'll get this resolved, I'm annoyed , it's a joke , I've literally been at my friends , family just to donate a 10er and they don't even support town and we've got people who want to hand over 100 notes and we respond like that.

No your right things should be better especially in our hour of need so to speak, I am sure it will be sorted as people do read this forum from the club.

Phoned up today to buy a seat name, spoke to 2 different woman who didn't know much about it and after 5 mins I was told the bloke who is organising this is on holiday for 2 weeks and to phone back then.

I said I had my card ready to go but they didn't know how to take money using a card over the phone....

Us Cumbrians really don't help our selves - came across as an amateur operation.

Not sure which number you used but it's my understanding that the mobile number listed on the website is manned at all times by Barry, Tony etc. who will always be able to help.

The justgiving fund is now at £1180 and seems to be getting a little momentum, I'm absolutely chuffed with the donations from supporters of other clubs, I always knew that rugby league fans were special people, this has just reinforced that view.

Not a dig because i also think haven will be sailing close to the wind aswell but is the 10k target a figure needed to cover the next 2 months wages etc or is it funding to keep the club going into the next season with the hope of getting a lot more than 10k

the wages have been covered until the end of season.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Phoned up today to buy a seat name, spoke to 2 different woman who didn't know much about it and after 5 mins I was told the bloke who is organising this is on holiday for 2 weeks and to phone back then.

I said I had my card ready to go but they didn't know how to take money using a card over the phone....

Us Cumbrians really don't help our selves - came across as an amateur operation.

Town Legacy Fund - Purchase of a Seat​

Apologies regarding the non availability of payment by card for purchase of a seat, when you contacted the club.

We have been taking manual bookings, but the link into the card payment system was not available at that point.

The system is now available, so there are 2 ways you can purchase a seat:

1) Cash or Cheque: Call at the club or contact the club and fill in an application form to give your details, number of seats, what name/s you want on the seat/s, etc

2) Card payment - Call at the club or contact the club and give your information etc as above, your card details will be requested, and entered into an online system for payment.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience, your continued support is essential to us.

Fantastic to see direct communication from the commercial departmen at the club, A step forward , please keep it up, the guys on here can spread the word for you too.

Agree Ginock1, great work and great communication, now come on folks get digging into them pockets and lets get some serious cash raised for this Great club.

Great to see other clubs supporters helping our cause as well, thank you all  :)

Haven't given yet as wanted to see how this season pans out and I'm not sure I want to keep supporting a CH1 club whereas i would make a significant contribution to a merger and/or a Championship club.

Having said that since and including the Bradford match the team have been brilliant and I'm thoroughly enjoying match day again........

Indeed Ginock1 but i’m still hacked off the way this season has gone and the first communication with fans has been to ask for more money and considering I was really ready to pack in a month ago…. but I suppose we are still a Championship side at present and on current form deserve to be so yes i’ll give

Whilst I totally accept that the decision whether to donate or not is purely a  personal one, surely the fundamental point is that the club needs an injection of cash right now to help survival, whatever  league they end up in is totally irrelevant at this moment in time. 

I dont see how any real fan can decide to just stop supporting the club. Nothing to do with donations but to say that you cant decide to support them or not is kind of ridiculous to me.

Indeed Ginock1 but i’m still hacked off the way this season has gone and the first communication with fans has been to ask for more money and considering I was really ready to pack in a month ago…. but I suppose we are still a Championship side at present and on current form deserve to be so yes i’ll give

Just shows the virtue of a winning team and the effect this has. I too have been thoroughly disappointed with players effort levels in certain games ,daudling over to scrums etc but they do say that you experience the darkest night before the brightest dawn and the penny has dropped in the team and all focus needs to be on driving home the fundraising, supporting a club that means a lot to a lot of people and we now need to prove it, I haven't got a lot of money but I put in £40....it is a personal choice but I believe that the custodians of the club will use my money in the right way . Once this season is done ,with hopefully championship status secured , the questions need to be asked and issues addressed but as I say now is the time to make sure we have a team to support regardless of the league were in.

Seems like Town aren't alone in having Board/Fans issues. Had a look at Oldham's forum. A lot of disgruntled Roughyeds on there. General theme seems to be that their directors can't organise a p#ss- up in a Brewery. Hope the disarray extends to the pitch on Sunday week!

I dont see how any real fan can decide to just stop supporting the club. Nothing to do with donations but to say that you cant decide to support them or not is kind of ridiculous to me.

We’ll agree to differ then Wonky (&dkw) but that sort of ‘real fan’ thinking is kind of dumb to me. So I’ve imagined the last 23 years; its only been pretend money I’ve been paying every week; dream time I’ve spent on the terraces cheering with an imaginary voice. I’ve given my reasons and i think they are reasonable.

We’ll agree to differ then Wonky (&dkw) but that sort of ‘real fan’ thinking is kind of dumb to me. So I’ve imagined the last 23 years; its only been pretend money I’ve been paying every week; dream time I’ve spent on the terraces cheering with an imaginary voice. I’ve given my reasons and i think they are reasonable.

my point was i dont know how you can turn the love you have for the team you support on or off because of the team there playing against. If we go down well be more than competetive as most the team will still be together.

Just a suggestion as to how the club could raise some money for next season: with it being the forty-year anniversary of winning the Lancashire Cup, perhaps a retro shirt (it was a classic!) could be released to commemorate the event, alongside a DVD of the match (I think it was on BBC). If these could be available before Christmas, it would be a nice off-season earner for the club.

Just a suggestion as to how the club could raise some money for next season: with it being the forty-year anniversary of winning the Lancashire Cup, perhaps a retro shirt (it was a classic!) could be released to commemorate the event, alongside a DVD of the match (I think it was on BBC). If these could be available before Christmas, it would be a nice off-season earner for the club.

Good idea, even have interviews with a few fans who were at the final to tell stories of the day.

And a dvd of all our tries this season,with interviews from players and coaches.. Simple ideas

my point was i dont know how you can turn the love you have for the team you support on or off because of the team there playing against. If we go down well be more than competetive as most the team will still be together.

Hardly on and off ? This season has been a real test in that I seemed to be only one of a few with the ambition to remain in Ch1. I appreciate the difficulties in running a RL club nowadays but look at what Batley have done. Anyhow game on at present and I’m still well hooked. UTT!

The legacy fund is at 1340 so far, gone a bit quiet last couple of days , if you haven't contributed but intend to then just get it done. Can we hit 1500 before the weekend is up, no game this week so go on sneak your 16 quid that you would have spent if we had a home game into the fund.......no home games for 2 week means more cash flow issues so knowing the amount being raised through the fund will help plan . Come on townies keep this club alive and kicking. UTT

Archived