29 Jul: CCSF: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull FC by 13 points or more

Not everyone can leave at 4 though.

?

Appreciate that.  But not everyone has 138miles to travel on a Friday night either.  Just trying to get across that if you really want to get to a game, you can usually find a way.  Maybe its a bigger issue with the (in some eyes) devaluation of the Challenge Cup. Maybe its because season pass-holders have to pay for tickets (I'm not a pass-holder by the way). This is just my opinion & I'm not having a pop at anyone really, but I think if you really want to see your team in a big game, you'll find a way.  

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some of us it wasn't a case of being put off; it was impossible to leave work and get there in time for kick off. If I'd left at 5pm I wouldn't of arrived there until the second half was kicking off at about 9pm.

I wasn't going to comment about Wigan supporters getting there, but I had to do a software update at work after 5:PM Friday evening which would not have given me a great deal of time to get there. Even before that there was discussions about how to get there considering timings.

Wiganers support big RL events, you will see them at Wembley, Old Trafford, Magic and at Internationals in very large numbers, the RFL under Woods have turned the semi-finals into a sideshow, great for those that is a novelty for but it has been turned into a none event.

Wigan supporters used to go to semis that they weren't even involved in because they were events.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Yes,well done to Hull and the BBC - surely Sky can see that their cheap.shoddy,amateurish presentation,is third rate,compared to the far more professional presentation of the BBC.It was a pleasure to listen to the BBC commentary,as opposed to the stuttering,stumbling efforts of Baz,tez and the other two clowns.

Only point of concern for Hull is the amount of penalties their south sea islanders give away.That Folou?! centre/winger is simply a penalty machine who seems to give away half a dozen penalties every game.

I actually thought i was watching SKY at times, the constant camera shots of coaches, players on the bench etc, the showing of replays of something irrelevant while the play is going on, the "news" from the dressing rooms at half time from Bill/Angela, now Damien.

Although not as bad, that was the one refreshing thing about watching games on the BBC, now they seem to be copying.

For anyone interested in doing so, stats showing Wigan's home support and crowds at Wigan away games are freely available. From which anyone not from Hull may be able to ascertain that we have great support home and away. People can also readily see how many people attend international and neutral games staged in Wigan.

We may not be of the calibre of Wellsy and co - and let's face it who could possibly measure up to those standards - they brought loads over this year despite bumping along at the top of the table! - but there is vast evidence to suggest that last night's timing and location lead to vastly fewer attending than would be the norm. For reasons already given.

For anyone interested in doing so, stats showing Wigan's home support and crowds at Wigan away games are freely available. From which anyone not from Hull may be able to ascertain that we have great support home and away. People can also readily see how many people attend international and neutral games staged in Wigan.

We may not be of the calibre of Wellsy and co - and let's face it who could possibly measure up to those standards - they brought loads over this year despite bumping along at the top of the table! - but there is vast evidence to suggest that last night's timing and location lead to vastly fewer attending than would be the norm. For reasons already given.

Ey up, someone's had a pop at me. I must have hit a nerve!

Hull have had bad turnouts to games on the past. Every club has. I'm not saying Wigan never support big events. I'm not saying Wigan supporters are the devil. All I'm saying is the support last night was very poor. And it was.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Strictly speaking the level of travelling supporters was low.we have no data on their economic status.

What we don't know is how many Wigan fans who, like me, we're unable to attend but watched it on TV.

All this your fans this and our fans that doesn't really matter!

What matters is Hull won a cracking match and move on to the final, where I'm sure there will be the usual mass throng of supporters from clubs at all levels.

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

All this your fans this and our fans that doesn't really matter!

What matters is Hull won a cracking match and move on to the final, where I'm sure there will be the usual mass throng of supporters from clubs at all levels.

apart from Wiganers obviously

thursday night and friday night league games are part of the norm now on sky , but friday night for a challenge cup semi-final is insane . i am from west cumbria and certainly not a wigan fan , but semis should be a big week end game and not shoved to a friday night to fill a gap in the bbcs scedule !

Dead right it's on a Saturday...a Bank Holiday....in the school holidays....it's 200 miles away.....the Motorways will be horrendous...Wigan failed to get there again.....it's on free to air tv

thursday night and friday night league games are part of the norm now on sky , but friday night for a challenge cup semi-final is insane . i am from west cumbria and certainly not a wigan fan , but semis should be a big week end game and not shoved to a friday night to fill a gap in the bbcs scedule !

Completely agree. I still think a double header would be fantastic and get a huge crowd. You'd get a lot more neutrals because it would feel like an event.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I was going to say the same thing. Big games like these should be on a weekend afternoon to give people the best chance of being able to attend. Making Wigan fans travel the width of the country on a Friday night was barking.

Congrats to Hull on winning a cracking game. With us being in the final last year and Hull this year, it's like being in the eighties again!

Fancy, asking Wigan fans to travel on the M62 on a Friday night outrageuos!

We can all agree it was the wrong game on the wrong day. It's not fair!

But sometimes you have to just deal with it not boycott your team.

Interestingly, the Friday game had a slightly better crowd than yesterday but the empty seats at Leigh were tucked behind the camera and tge atmosphere and event was portrayed far better for it.

It's not fair!

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Interestingly, the Friday game had a slightly better crowd than yesterday but the empty seats at Leigh were tucked behind the camera and tge atmosphere and event was portrayed far better for it.

Got a mate who lives near the LSV. He has no interest in rugby but he messaged me asking what was going on as for the first time since it was built he could hear the crowds.

Got a mate who lives near the LSV. He has no interest in rugby but he messaged me asking what was going on as for the first time since it was built he could hear the crowds.

I've got a mate who operates turnstiles at the South Stand at the Keepmoat Stadium on match days.

He messaged me saying he was told not to bother turning up last Friday.

6 incidents looked at by the RFL Disciplinary this week, 4 involving Wigan players and one each from Wire and Wakey but none from Hull.

http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/disciplinary

None found to have a case to answer, the on the field penalties deemed enough.

You lot whinging about traveling a couple of hours, think yourself lucky.

As a Hull fan, I was all set to fly back from Australia just for the weekend for Wembley but I can't get the time off work.

Even though I won't be actually working over the weekend, the three days traveling either side of it has made it impossible.

I would give anything to be able to go, so next time you complain about having to travel to a game, just remember how lucky you are

Archived