29 Jul: CCSF: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull FC by 13 points or more

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game. Thought Wigan choked a bit in the 2nd half. Looks like clubs will have to think of a new song when FC come to town.

Why? Their record at Wembley stands, just another notch on the appearances record.....never counted but must be over 10 losses( or draws!)

Let them continue to sing the opening line and then drown them out with the big put down.

A good result for the city of Hull tonight, now both sets of fans will be watching the final with interest.

Prime Time Friday night terrestrial TV should be like this more often.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done to FC. Thoroughly deserved win. Happy for their usually witty fans and looking forward to Discipline Watch focussing on Wire for a few weeks. :)

I hope they enjoy it to the full - Wembley will be much harder, but it'd be great to see black and white colours on the trophy. Not that I would object to the Wire winning. The 2 best teams on our biggest stage.

For us, I was really proud that we gave them a good game. 2 tries each, indeed.

FC and Wire have shown us the way forward - fill your quotas with good quality players, and compete in the transfer market. Their recruitment has left the rest of the league in their wake.

That Wigan dressing room pure desolation Just shows how much it hurts to lose a semi-final.

Fair play to Wane for that interview.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Wigan pass and pass, but very deep, and way before they reach the opposition tacklers. Defenders can just hold their shape and pick their man. Very few times you saw Hull FC scrambling out wide or having to tackle a Wigan three-quarter out over the touchline. Manfredi saw little of the ball all night, but Tierney didn't actually see that much more.

Over the years we have got used to the sight of Tomkins hovering on the shoulder before sprinting away. There seems to be little evidence of that happening since his return from the NRL.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Why? Their record at Wembley stands, just another notch on the appearances record.....never counted but must be over 10 losses( or draws!)

Let them continue to sing the opening line and then drown them out with the big put down.

A good result for the city of Hull tonight, now both sets of fans will be watching the final with interest.

Surely you have more important games to worry about. Dear god.

Come on yeeeee Huuuuulllllll, can't wait to see your first win at Wembley.

Deserved win, hard fought game, worthy winners.

See you at Wembley.

A bit like you Padge I've been waiting 64 years and haven't many years left. Still waiting cannot wait.......

Good to see a game like that on the BBC in a prime time spot.

Ok for the cash we need Sky as our regular coverage but we need games like these to hook up the 'I will watch it if nothing else is on' type viewers.

A bit like you Padge I've been waiting 64 years and haven't many years left. Still waiting cannot wait.......

With a bit of luck you will crook it before August so you don't have to witness it at your advancing years.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Over the years we have got used to the sight of Tomkins hovering on the shoulder before sprinting away. There seems to be little evidence of that happening since his return from the NRL.

He could hover on the shoulder all he likes, but there's not much for him to feed on if he does. Even Shaun Edwards would find slim pickings from the club's current style of play.

I can see Wigan shopping around for a replacement for Smith soon, unless he starts playing like he did a couple or three years ago.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done Hull, deserved the win after that second half display. This game for me summed up Wigans season. Organised in attack and defence, but with very little variety in attack, too few truly talented attacking players, and predictable. They put in a great shift though, and can be proud of that. I thought Williams and Tautai were there best. Tomkins however looks a bit reluctant to really throw himself into it.

Gareth Ellis was excellent tonight, and my choice for MOM.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

This game for me summed up Wigans season. Organised in attack and defence, but with very little variety in attack.

They've had the same stock move since McGuire's first season... teams cottoned on a long time ago. But Wigan are resilient and have excellent defences structures which wear teams down. Beat Wigan physically and you stand a very good chance of winning the game, which Hull did tonight.

Great to read some of the posts on here, cheers folks, what a bruising game that was.

You could see on the faces of the Hull players when they came across to us at the end, how much that meant. Likewise for the Wigan players, they looked devastated at the final hooter.

Thought Tautai was immense for them, and Williams tried hard but Hull kept an eye on him after his try.

The Challenge Cup is still alive and well.

Commiserations to the Wigan lot on here, some nice wishes from them which shows they're all good sorts really.

I'm quite chuffed at the mo!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Well done to FC. Thoroughly deserved win. Happy for their usually witty fans and looking forward to Discipline Watch focussing on Wire for a few weeks. :)

I hope they enjoy it to the full - Wembley will be much harder, but it'd be great to see black and white colours on the trophy. Not that I would object to the Wire winning. The 2 best teams on our biggest stage.

For us, I was really proud that we gave them a good game. 2 tries each, indeed.

FC and Wire have shown us the way forward - fill your quotas with good quality players, and compete in the transfer market. Their recruitment has left the rest of the league in their wake.

When did Wire win their semi-final?  ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived