Double Standards

I've just been shown this email

I emailed P Sharpe yesterday to ask if the minutes of the AGM had been passed by Barla, he replied ;-

At the Barla Board meeting on Wednesday 27th July 2016 it was found that the Yorkshire County AGM should be classed as null & void and another Yorkshire County AGM should be called for with the right people mandated to vote.

A letter from the Wakefield District League stating Malcolm Sellers had no right to vote on their behalf and is not on the Wakefield committee.

The Barla committee stated that the managers can still be appointed and the Yorkshire County AGM can be called for with 21 days notice.

It would appear that although the vote was unanimous the AGM is to go ahead once again

Now this is where the double standards set in.

Before the BARLA vote to see who would become the next leader (Sue Taylor),  the Doncaster and District had two meetings and voted 100% to vote for Stuart Prior, however on the day of voting the Doncaster secretary was called into work leaving the District with no one available from the committee.

However and some how the district did vote (HOW) and voted it seems in favour of Sue Taylor, this person was on a local clubs committee and lived in the Huddersfield area, but this is where the double standards come into play, the guy was not a member of the district committee, the guy had not attended one district meeting and the guy was definitely not mandated to vote on behalf of the Doncaster and District.

Come on Phil, pipe up, you know this is true and I can back this statement up 100%, I also have access to the Doncaster and District secretaries emails and an Invoice for the 2015 district fee's has never been sent by BARLA and even after he had sent emails requesting one so the fee could be paid, I've also seen your one and only reply asking for the minutes of the districts AGM,

Is this the way of removing anyone, committee, league who doesn't agree with you, it seems that good men (3) have stood down in the last couple of weeks,

I leave you on this note.

BARLA Constitution Section `A`

2.1 C to foster, develop, extend and represent amateur rugby league throughout The United Kingdom and Ireland and to maintain a close liaison and co-operation with all organisations relative to the development of amateur rugby league, both nationally and internationally.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Barla is only going in one direction,  district leagues take note and get rid of the ignorance running this association

Looks like anyone or anything that may be in the way come the time for the next vote for the top job will be removed

Can I just add this

(4.2)    Full Membership of BARLA shall be open to such National, Regional, or District Leagues playing or organising Community Amateur Rugby League as approved by BARLA’s General Assembly. No Member shall be entitled to be a Full Member until they have been an Associate Member for a minimum probationary period of 1 year and have had their Constitution approved by the BARLA Board of Management. At all meetings of the BARLA General Assembly each Full Member shall be entitled to have two representatives in attendance, however the League is only allowed one vote. Any full member in arrears with subscriptions by more than 3 months shall be treated as an Associate Membership with reduced membership rights until and unless it clears all arrears owing.

The 3 months is interesting, Doncaster was asking for an invoice but still have not received one for 2015 and I'm sure the 2016 one will not arrive, since Roger Fagge left/pushed/tripped there has been one email asking for the minutes of the AGM and 2 of the 3 remaining clubs in the district have gone to play summer but all 3 wanted to remain part of BARLA.

Looks like anyone or anything that may be in the way come the time for the next vote for the top job will be removed

Can I just add this

(4.2)    Full Membership of BARLA shall be open to such National, Regional, or District Leagues playing or organising Community Amateur Rugby League as approved by BARLA’s General Assembly. No Member shall be entitled to be a Full Member until they have been an Associate Member for a minimum probationary period of 1 year and have had their Constitution approved by the BARLA Board of Management. At all meetings of the BARLA General Assembly each Full Member shall be entitled to have two representatives in attendance, however the League is only allowed one vote. Any full member in arrears with subscriptions by more than 3 months shall be treated as an Associate Membership with reduced membership rights until and unless it clears all arrears owing.

The 3 months is interesting, Doncaster was asking for an invoice but still have not received one for 2015 and I'm sure the 2016 one will not arrive, since Roger Fagge left/pushed/tripped there has been one email asking for the minutes of the AGM and 2 of the 3 remaining clubs in the district have gone to play summer but all 3 wanted to remain part of BARLA.

Why not send them the minutes of the last meeting you had in Doncaster as you stated in earlier post, i know some people in Doncaster and they state they never have District meetings. is the Doncaster District league still up and going and what teams go to the meetings.???

Can I just add this

Roger Fagge that was on the sick from Barla and as far as i heard and was working for someone else at the time.

Why not send them the minutes of the last meeting you had in Doncaster as you stated in earlier post, i know some people in Doncaster and they state they never have District meetings. is the Doncaster District league still up and going and what teams go to the meetings.???

Well little do your source know, ask Ian Tattersall (Toll Bar Not Jimmy "wink") Neil Whincop (Bentley) & Jim Welbourn (unattached) they normally do business by telephone but if a matter arises they normally meet in the Thorne area as two out of the 3 live there and yes the clubs still talk but haven't since the start of the summer season where the clubs all wanted to be part of BARLA (sixth post and pro BARLA/Pennine) doesn't take a brain surgeon to work this one out....Phil why didn't you or Sue send the Invoice for the BARLA fee 2015, it was asked for on many occasions by mouth and email and that was way before the minutes where requested and I can go deeper if you like regarding minutes and voting but I wouldn't want to bring the female game into this. <-------- CLUE

Roger Fagge that was on the sick from Barla and as far as i heard and was working for someone else at the time.

If Roger Fagge was working for someone else at the same time he was still doing a far better job than the present crew, he was always in the office whenever we phoned, he also answered emails and definitely never tried to streamline the association to contain yes sir people, he also attended games outside of the Pennine league, I often came across him in the Hull area watching games....Who was he working for "hearsay"

what a load of rubbish, gossip.

I've seen the email now, sad thing is, a vote was deemed illegal by a committee who's leader got the gig in an equally illegal vote, how/why hasn't a new vote been called ?

Not a chance, in fact there's more chance of someone turning up and trying to defend their actions in their very first (WINK) post.

I know one thing and this is a fact, they're a lot of good people waiting in the wings (Both sides of the border) who would make an excellent committee to take the amateur game by the scruff of it's neck and drag it back into a healthy position again

five mistakes that leaders often make

1. Hire For the Wrong Reasons
  2. Focus on Tasks and Not Purpose
  3. Preach Values That You Don’t Live
  4. Incentivize the Wrong Activities
  5. Not Investing in Your Culture

To true mate

alot of teams and good clubs have gone too mate and many more will go before long, we have 5 u18`s in Yorkshire that are struggling as we had 5 last year, thats players going in to 120 open age teams, not even 1 player per team for last 2 years. year before we had 8. still not enough and the youth are playing under the RFL. why not blame them when clubs, & HARD WORKING people leave the game. They run ALL Rugby league in the Country. everyone signed up to them so the RFL could get all the money. my club is dropping fast even at junior level. Kids at school or collage now till 18 is a big input.

I know Barla are not the best and neither are the RFL but I cant understand why people that sit on the fence and slag everyone down, why dont you all join Barla or the RFL and put your mouth and idea`s in to action there. be in it to change it.

alot of teams and good clubs have gone too mate and many more will go before long, we have 5 u18`s in Yorkshire that are struggling as we had 5 last year, thats players going in to 120 open age teams, not even 1 player per team for last 2 years. year before we had 8. still not enough and the youth are playing under the RFL. why not blame them when clubs, & HARD WORKING people leave the game. They run ALL Rugby league in the Country. everyone signed up to them so the RFL could get all the money. my club is dropping fast even at junior level. Kids at school or collage now till 18 is a big input.

I know Barla are not the best and neither are the RFL but I cant understand why people that sit on the fence and slag everyone down, why dont you all join Barla or the RFL and put your mouth and idea`s in to action there. be in it to change it.

Because BARLA and the RFL are closed shops and not interested in other views?

Every sport is like someone belly breathing, it goes in and out all the time at the moment the RFL are strangling the amateur game with BARLA wrapped around it's neck, as for getting involved, more and more people who really understand the way the amateur game works and how the people TICK are being turned off by what they're seeing.

Archived