Shield Game 1 - Workington

Dave Naylor

Worky fans blaming the ref lol. I'm sure I saw 2 high tackles on palfrey that went unpunished. Think all the lads put in a performance today and as has already been said what a debut for Scott Turner, looks to be a quality signing. The superstar Sammut looked a different player to the one we saw 2 weeks ago.

Well that was a first for me.  Oldham's timekeeper for the day and it was a real eye opener.  The independent guys I sat with were utterly professional and I previously failed to appreciate the level of contact between the timekeeper and the ref.  I learnt a lot today.

I remained impartial but towards the end of the game I couldn't help the odd shout.

We were amazing today, totally up for it and arguably the best performance of the season for me.  

Well that was a first for me.  Oldham's timekeeper for the day and it was a real eye opener.  The independent guys I sat with were utterly professional and I previously failed to appreciate the level of contact between the timekeeper and the ref.  I learnt a lot today.

I remained impartial but towards the end of the game I couldn't help the odd shout.

We were amazing today, totally up for it and arguably the best performance of the season for me.  

it was great to see you up in the gods with me :D

they get a lot of attention do the time keepers, and lord knows how they hear with the volume in that stand...the main standers give Kev a run for his money :D Hope to see you there again dave. (and yep...its SO hard to remain neutral.....and quiet!!)

The full game is available on Roughyeds Tv. Got some stats from the game.

Turner- 5 tackles. 22 Carries for 176m. 3 Clean Breaks. One offload. 9 tackle busts.

Clay- 3 tackles. 1 tackle bust. 20 carries for 94m

Grimshaw- 22 tackles. 3 tackle busts. 6 carries for 53m

Gill- 19 tackles. one miss. one clean break. one try assist. 10 carries 135m.

Chisholm- 8 tackles. one miss.  two tackle busts. one clean break.  15 carries for 97m.

Palfrey- 27 tackles. two misses. 5 carries for 30m. one try assist

Hewitt- 11 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. one try assist. 2 carries for 10m

Burke-25 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 3 offloads. 23 carries for 156m

Owen-16 tackles. 2 carries for 14m

Dickinson-19 tackles. 13 carries for 96m.

Middlehurst-36 tackles. two tackle busts. one clean break. 18 carries for 142m

Langtree- 40 tackles. 3 misses.3 tackle busts. 4 offloads. 16 carries for 122m.

Thompson- 47 tackles. 2 misses.2 tackle busts. 15 carries for 81m

Gee- 20 tackles. one tackle bust. one offload. 10 carries for 83m

Briscoe- 1 tackle. 1 carry for 7m.

Hughes-28 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. one try assist.6 carries for 62m

Blackbrough- 13 tackles. one miss.one tackle bust. 11 carries for 87m.

The full game is available on Roughyeds Tv. Got some stats from the game.

I put the video up earlier today but didn't advertise it yet to see if anyone noticed. ;)

I was hoping to get it up there yesterday but had a bit of trouble chopping it down to highlight length (software problem).  Is it better having the full length video available anyway?  I can still create a highlight one as well.

I personally like the full match,simply because you get a better perspective on players over the full 80 mins and can replay incidents from the game that may not be on a highlight reel,but both would be great if poss.Good work all the same Dave.

Archived