Australian Schoolboys vs. England Academy second test

With the Australian Schoolboys 1-0 up, the second test is Saturday with the live stream at a much more civilised time of 11.05am.

The live stream can be found at http://www.nrl.com/live-stream-australian-schoolboys-v-england-academy/tabid/10874/newsid/99880/default.aspx

Good luck England

The teams are:

England Academy

Jez Litten (City of Hull Academy, West Hull))

Craig Mullen (Wigan Warriors, Blackbrook Royals)

Liam Walsh (Widnes Vikings, Halton and Farnworth Hornets)

Joe Wardill (City of Hull Academy, Beverley Braves)

Will Oaks (City of Hull Academy, Eastmoor Dragons)

Lewis Heckford (Wigan Warriors, Stanley Rangers)

Morgan Smith (Warrington Wolves, Stanley Rangers)

Matthew English (Huddersfield Giants, Stanley Rangers)

Josh Ganson (Wigan Warriors, Blackbrook Royals)

Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds Rhinos, Hunslet Warriors)

James Batchelor (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, Oulton Raiders)

Jack Wells (Wigan Warriors, Folly Lane)

Cameron Smith (Leeds Rhinos, Castleford Panthers)

Danny Walker (Widnes Vikings, Crosfields)

Brad Walker (Widnes Vikings, Askam)

Conor Fitzsimmons (Castleford Tigers, Seaton Rangers)

Owen Farnworth (Widnes Vikings, Chorley Panthers)

Australia Schoolboys

Nic Cotric (Erindale College)

Mawene Hiroti (Matraville Sports High School)

Zac Lomax (Figtree High School)

Tuimavave Afualo (Westfields Sports High School)

Campbell Graham (Marcellin Collge Randwick)

Lachlan Lam (Marcellin College Randwick)

Sean O’Sullivan (Patrician Brothers’ College Blacktown)

Pasami Saulo (Hunter Sports High School)

Blake Brailey (Aquinas Catholic College Menai)

Thomas Mikaele (Keebra Park State High School)

Brodie Jones (All Saints College Maitland)

Josh Curran (Patrician Brothers’ College Blacktown)

Sean Keppie (Westfields Sports High School)

Dean Blore (The Hills Sports High School)

Reece Robson (Endeavour Sports High School)

Payne Haas (Keebra Park State High School)

Michael Tupou (Patrician Brothers’ College Blacktown)

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Lots of injuries for your boys meaning England are a bit short up front, some surprise selections too with a hooker named at fullback which is probably down to necessity.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Quick start to the Aussies for two tries.

Our boys clawed their way back to lead 12-10

Aussies surged back with several tries.

Half time 28-12

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

A couple of players from either side sent off towards the end of the game in two separate flare ups.

Full time score Australia 50-12

Is there an age difference between the two sides?  The Aussies looked bigger man for man.

I thinks the Aussies are under 18's

Edit..

From the first Test thread.

Dunbar

The Australian Schoolboys is selected nationally after the Secondary Schools Rugby League (ASSRL) Under-18s Championships so is the best of the under 18's in Australia. They play the under 18's Academy from England (the under 17's Academy team typically play the Australian Institute of Sport).

The Junior Kangaroos is the national under 20's team and they regularly play the NZ under 20's team.

50-12, rather embarrassing couple of matches for England, could do with some defensive training. Expected a lot more. Perhaps they're just a team of individuals

Forwards did ok at times, the link to the outside backs and the execution on the finals plays was very ordinary.

Allowing for injuries etc, that was appalling by England against the weakest Aussie Schoolboys team of all time.

I am not blaming the players whose effort there, have a close look at the team selection.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Edit..

Dunbar

The Australian Schoolboys is selected nationally after the Secondary Schools Rugby League (ASSRL) Under-18s Championships so is the best of the under 18's in Australia. They play the under 18's Academy from England (the under 17's Academy team typically play the Australian Institute of Sport).

The Junior Kangaroos is the national under 20's team and they regularly play the NZ under 20's team.

Thanks.

Edit..

Dunbar

The only thing to add to this is that this is the eligibility rules... the actual ages (individual and average) may be different as I know a couple of the English boys have only just turned 17.

I have no idea if there is an age difference between the two teams but I agree that the Aussies have looked noticeably bigger in these two matches.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The only thing to add to this is that this is the eligibility rules... the actual ages (individual and average) may be different as I know a couple of the English boys have only just turned 17.

I have no idea if there is an age difference between the two teams but I agree that the Aussies have looked noticeably bigger in these two matches.

Won't the Aussies have a different cut off date for being below 18 due to there different school year. So I'd imagine it could possibly be six months later cut. Which doesn't sound much but but at age group sport can have a big impact.

As I understand it, the OZ Schoolboys team is made up of players who played in the National 18s Champs about 6 weeks ago. Rule 15 of the "Rules of National Championships" says (in part):

1. All teams participating in the championships must produce at the managers' meeting a copy of the registration sheet attesting that selected players comply with the age regulations.

• Eighteen (18) Years Championships – any player who attains the age of nineteen (19) years or over during the year of the championships is ineligible to compete.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-2130-0-0-0&sID=26428&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=82574

Archived